Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:48 PM

Thumbs down Phone calls blocked from jail?

So my boyfriend calls me through gtl global tel link. My account has 60 dollars on it. My boyfriend and I were talking fine then all of a sudden it said goodbye. Now keep in mind there is money on the phone I even doubled checked my gtl account to make sure it was nothing on my end. Sometimes the jail will have problems with the phones but usually it just clicks off he calls back and if it's still messed up I won't be able to press 5 to answer call. This time after it said goodbye and hung up he never called back.I never heard the automated voice say goodbye until tonight, as I said if there is an issue it usually just hangs up without saying anything. Has anyone ever had this happen? The time was 940 pm and they lock in at 1010.. he didn't call me all day but I assume if I was blocked I would have never been able to answer. Also when your loved one is blocked would it ring on your end then tell you that your blocked? Or would they not be able to dial your number at all? We do have the occasional phOne sex which we have often and had yesterday. But yesterday we had phone sex at 7 pm and then had a full conversation after that at 9 pm and again he was able to call tonight at 940pm. Also I have made three way calls in the past but not in a long time. I'm freaking out here. He is locked up in hampden county in ludlow ma. Any answers would help ❤️

Last edited by Athomas1234; 08-12-2017 at 09:52 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2017, 10:26 PM

Thanked 1,049 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athomas1234 View Post
So my boyfriend calls me through gtl global tel link. My account has 60 dollars on it. My boyfriend and I were talking fine then all of a sudden it said goodbye. Now keep in mind there is money on the phone I even doubled checked my gtl account to make sure it was nothing on my end. Sometimes the jail will have problems with the phones but usually it just clicks off he calls back and if it's still messed up I won't be able to press 5 to answer call. This time after it said goodbye and hung up he never called back.I never heard the automated voice say goodbye until tonight, as I said if there is an issue it usually just hangs up without saying anything. Has anyone ever had this happen? The time was 940 pm and they lock in at 1010.. he didn't call me all day but I assume if I was blocked I would have never been able to answer. Also when your loved one is blocked would it ring on your end then tell you that your blocked? Or would they not be able to dial your number at all? We do have the occasional phOne sex which we have often and had yesterday. But yesterday we had phone sex at 7 pm and then had a full conversation after that at 9 pm and again he was able to call tonight at 940pm. Also I have made three way calls in the past but not in a long time. I'm freaking out here. He is locked up in hampden county in ludlow ma. Any answers would help ❤️
A guard could have flipped the phone switch. They could be on a lock down. Could be anything
Old 08-13-2017, 06:09 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,199 Times in 10,381 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Prison/jail phones can have all different kinds of system problems that interfere with calls. Another possibility is that he is being punished for some conduct violation, or other. I hope you hear from him soon.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:19 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,439 Times in 2,934 Posts

Ihave had numerous problems with GTL , not being able to answer or no response when I press 5. Also calls dropping out and various apparent violations like the extra digit violation which ends the call. My friend has always been able to call back.
It may be the phones have been shut off during a lock down or he has lost his phone priviledge for some reason. I would write to him and see what the problem is.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-13-2017)