Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:36 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodicaldaugter View Post
The county that I know you can do the license process through the mail is BREVARD county. I was married 2-27-2010 in a Federal facility, and went through this county to get my license. The ladies there were really awesome. I am going to leave the link to the site and a attachment with the form for marriage license. There is an instruction page with the links also, but if there is a specific question regarding this county's process please feel free to PM me. (You do NOT have to live in Florida, but you do need to be getting married in Florida).
http://199.241.8.125/index.cfm?FuseA...eLicenses.Home

**Hopefully I didn't violate any rules by posting this in here, I just wanted to make it a little easier to get to. Hope it helps someone.

[/color][/size][/b]
Thanks that is excellent information! Congrats on the marriage!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,525 Times in 3,575 Posts

Thanks, I knew it was one of the "B" ones.

And, no, you don't have to live in FL to marry in FL. The procedure is the same for approval whether you live here or not. Before you are even ready to get a license, your intended will have to request the paperwork from the Chaplain. Both of you need to complete it, along with any other requirements his facility may have. You can find out from the prison Chaplain what you need to provide with the paperwork (some require a letter of intent and some don't). Once you are approved, then you will need to see about getting a license. The license is only good for 60 days so you'll want to wait until you have a wedding date. Some of the prisons have certain days and even certain months when ceremonies can be performed. Make a list of questions for the Chaplain before calling. It'll help you not to forget something to ask.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!

Last edited by ben's girl; 01-05-2011 at 07:23 AM..
Old 11-19-2017, 09:25 PM

i am tying to get married myself i do not ive in the USA. My baby is in the Florida correctional prison system. we got approve for marriage but now i cant find a county to issue the marriage lisence