Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Connecticut Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:04 AM

Default Tablets for Connecticut inmates

So I've heard a lot of news and rumors that all Connecticut inmates will receive tablets this Spring.

Of course I couldn't be any more excited about the news!!! I've read mixed reviews in other states. But I'm sticking to the positive that I can have better communication with him.

Does anyone know any more details about the tablets? What company will be providing them? Will it have to be purchased thru commissary?

Any info is appreciated!!
Old 04-23-2018, 02:35 PM
Taking all bail questions

Default From NPR News article

Hello Da Princess,

I found this article, perhaps answer some of your questions.
Once I find more, will repost here.
Unable to share links here but you can find the article on NPR News.

Connecticut To Provide Computer Tablets To Inmates

"Connecticut is introducing electronic tablets to prisoners in state facilities this spring. Department of Correction Commissioner Scott Semple made the announcement in Hartford on Thursday.

Semple told the monthly meeting of Connecticut’s Criminal Justice Policy Advisory Commission that the introduction of the tablets is an effort to help prisoners keep up with technology.

Semple said officials have taken security concerns into consideration. “These tablets are an embedded network where there is no risk of victimization with the use of WiFi. But it has a lot of capability to keep people connected with technology who are going back into the community. I think that’s a step in the right direction.”

Semple said Connecticut is not the first state to move in this direction. He said Georgia and Colorado already have similar programs. Semple said in Georgia it has resulted in a 50 percent reduction in incidents, “because people are engaged and there’s something to lose. And people don’t want to lose those privileges.”

He said the tablets will be loaded with books and apps to help develop life skills like managing a checkbook." Credit to NPR News
The Following User Says Thank You to bailey01 For This Useful Post:
*Da Princess* (05-06-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 11:50 AM

I am SO excited to hear this! I just did some googling and I did see the article as well.
I feel like it will be offered through JPAY the only reason for that is because Securus owns JPAY and JPAY does offer tablets.
CT normally follows after NY I find and NY has received the tablets.
I am going to look into it a little more.. but I feel like spring is now?! lol
I am going to tell my husband as soon as he calls.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:13 PM

Anyone know of an update on this? We just got transferred from Corrigan to Osborn and went from being able to talk 90 minutes a day to a 6 minute call to ight so I'm so on board with tablets.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashakay713 View Post
Anyone know of an update on this? We just got transferred from Corrigan to Osborn and went from being able to talk 90 minutes a day to a 6 minute call to ight so I'm so on board with tablets.
I haven't heard anything yet. But I have seen that a lot of the times they never actually get delivered on time..
It was supposed to be spring 2018 we are now summer 2018.
I know in MI they were announced last year and still haven't gotten them.

Osborn apparently has way better visiting hours compared to Corrigan tho!
We are at Radgowski