Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes Do you have news relating to California's Prison or Ciminal Justice System and related efforts? Post them here! Also discuss 3 Strike laws.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,999 Times in 801 Posts
Default Too Many Are Dying

http://www.pe.com/columns/cassiemacd...8.342f459.html

Westside San Bernardino is a community in anguish.
Too many young people are dying in homicides such as the one that claimed the life of 22-year-old Charles Marshall Jr.
In the first 11 months of 2007, homicides on the Westside increased 40 percent over 2006, while they fell or were unchanged in the rest of the city.
Police Chief Mike Billdt said young men are losing their lives because of conflicts, whether between gangs, people peddling drugs or other circumstances.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 PM
2008Tea Party-CA Co-Chair

Thanked 2,531 Times in 797 Posts

Damn the gangs and damn the drugs. Come on LAPD and Sheriff's Department, and every other police force in California - this has been a "major" issue for over 25 years, if not more. I sure don't want to hear it takes ten years to prove someone is up to no good while they let these guys bring in new hommies (previous post).

Last edited by Judeca; 01-20-2008 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-20-2008, 09:49 PM

I am so sorry to hear this, my heart bleeds. I hate the thought of gangs. The whole concept of them is on belief to me.
But then I am an older, middle class lady in Indiana who is nieve, or however you spell it. My son briefly tried or did, or who knows tried to get involved with one and you can believe this old lady threw a huge fit over it. For all here that has loved ones involved in them my heart bleeds for you.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 PM

Hey, I was born in Indiana (been here though since I was three, i.e, almost Californian) - good to hear from you. You think the midwest has more commen sense than "California" when dealing with this issue? Wouldn't be hard to do. Most Hoosier's have been known for their "common sense" and no nonsense approach, not to mention their basketball tems.

Last edited by Judeca; 01-20-2008 at 10:03 PM..
Old 01-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Donation Award 

It is really sad to hear! I'm from California but it has been many years since I've been there. California isn't the only state with that problem!!!! Something needs to be done as it is really getting out of hand. It is sad that our young men can't find another way to get their anger out. My only brother was murdered when he was 23 years old. It really took a toll on our family. I miss him to this day!
I just pray that other family's have to go through what we did. There has to be another way!!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:35 PM

Well, Texas is a close second to California in their laws, but even in the "Don't mess with Texas" attitude, they are still better. They use the good ole boy common sense they were born with....something California thinks they are above. The only(what a lack of enough verbal expression) problem I have with Texas is the death penalty (did I say only?). That is something Texas needs to re-think ASAP.

Last edited by Judeca; 01-20-2008 at 10:39 PM..