Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:29 PM

Default ?? about blue warrant then getting parole warrant...then PW lifted..then...

Hi forum, first time posting and curious if anyone can help me understand my case a little bit more or know what to expect. My situation sounds rather all over the place and convoluted.

Ok...in 2013\Aug.2014 did time in TDC..Aug.2014 on parole till March2017....March 2017 find out discharge date was extended till June 2018(No violations or dirty UA's).....ok fine move on. JULY 14 last.month, booked in county jail for domestic violence(charge of impeding breath of my BF) that morning I get a bond set of 8,000, next day Blue Warrant and parole warrant come in and I can not make bail.
21 days later I learn my parole warrant was lifted and I could make bail.

Now here is where it gets weird....i am told apparently I was DISCHARGED from parole in MARCH!! hmmm ok, in march my PO told me it was extended till June 2018???? Days later from home I call my parole office to find anything out about what's going on. My PO is conveniently on vacation so another officer pulls up my file and he says it looks as if I was discharged??

I am new to all this stuff but does any of what I went through sounds odd?? My PO tells me I'm still on parole....then after being booked in county for 21 days I apparently was NOT ON parole anymore?? I still owed $$ on my parole and planned to pay off balance on my scheduled meeting day for first of August prior to my incident in July.

I thank GOD this apparent slip up happened and I could come home to take care of my situation but I don't want to question my apparent freedom but can anyone clue me in as to what to expect from a unique situation like this?? Seems like my parole just vanished?? Should I prepare for something bad coming my way?? Or was I blessed and actually discharged when I was supposed to be??

Any ideas? I know cases are very unique and different depending on the location, people, politics and so on.

Thanks for taking time to read this.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2017, 09:11 PM

Thanked 11,108 Times in 6,008 Posts

Errors in time calculations happen. And they happen more frequently than most people are aware, to include those in custody. When I did warrant issuance, I typically saw an average of one to two erroneous release warrants PER WEEK. Some of these were time calculation errors and some where incorrect releases from other agencies due to detainer-related snafus.

Without doing a full file eval, it would be difficult to say what might have occurred. However, my guess is that the error in this case was discovered following the execution of the warrant. Remember that a field officer does not and CANNOT issue a warrant. That is SOLELY the province of the central office in Austin. If an error was discovered, then steps would have been taken to withdraw the warrant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (01-29-2020), Texasflower08 (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Errors in time calculations happen. And they happen more frequently than most people are aware, to include those in custody. When I did warrant issuance, I typically saw an average of one to two erroneous release warrants PER WEEK. Some of these were time calculation errors and some where incorrect releases from other agencies due to detainer-related snafus.

Without doing a full file eval, it would be difficult to say what might have occurred. However, my guess is that the error in this case was discovered following the execution of the warrant. Remember that a field officer does not and CANNOT issue a warrant. That is SOLELY the province of the central office in Austin. If an error was discovered, then steps would have been taken to withdraw the warrant.
Thank you so much for a thorough reply, one more question...could my sudden leave of parole also be a possibility my parole might have been revoked due to the reason I was put in county back in July?? I might be too paranoid or over thinking things but I'm wondering if that could also be a reason???? This is all new to me and I know only my PO would know exact answers but it seems so iffy after all this comes up my PO now is on a month vacation and I am left to wonder what's up with my case. Twice it was mentioned I was discharged but one other PO locally said there was that one possibility I might have been revoked. Then again..if it was wouldn't I still be held in county jail till a court date?? Sorry for many questions and what iffs. I am a newbie going through all this and feel like I'm in a fog not knowing what to expect next.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:23 PM

Thanked 11,108 Times in 6,008 Posts

Unless you had a hearing or waived a hearing in writing, you were not revoked. You just weren't. Further, while you would have been entitled to a preliminary hearing, an A/FV charge with that bail would not likely have resulted in a Continue Supervision decision and would not have gone to a revocation hearing that quickly. AND...a rev hearing with that offense would indeed have resulted in a revocation, which you would clearly have known about through the paperwork served upon you...

PO's are not good with time. The Parole Division is not the custodial record-keeper in that regard. That is the sole province of the Classification and Records Office in Huntsville. If you can leave out the backstory of the most recent arrest, you could always call the Time Section in the morning and ask them to confirm your discharge date (they would just need your TDCJ number). The date on your parole certificate would be another good place to look (and you SHOULD have that in a safe place).

I've got databases I could look at (as could any other office that maximizes the databases that are out there) but that requires more information from you than I want or that you should put into public forums.

You can find the main number for Classification in the directory on the TDCJ website.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (01-29-2020)