Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:46 AM

Default Phone denied, his name is on the bill, what do we need to do?

I checked my securus account and it shows he attempted to make a call. He is in reception and this is the first activity I have seen after doing the live chat they told me apparently my number was not approved. It is a land line that is in his name. My fear is when he did his phone list he put my name down considering I am who he would have been speaking with instead of putting his own name down because who calls from prison to speak to themselves? Does anyone have any idea what we can do to get this approved?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2017, 05:10 AM

Is there a reason you are not approved? Is this a DV situation and were you the victim or a co defendant? If so you really need to follow the rules and not have contact as difficult as that may be.. it will cause more trouble if you try to circumvent the rules. It really depends on why your phone wasn't approved.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 AM

Thanked 1,580 Times in 1,030 Posts

I don't think it would matter who's name the phone is in. My home phone is in my husband's name and he was able to call me on it. Maybe call and ask. I guess it doesn't hurt.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:54 AM

Thanked 4,041 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife2countryboy View Post
I checked my securus account and it shows he attempted to make a call. He is in reception and this is the first activity I have seen after doing the live chat they told me apparently my number was not approved. It is a land line that is in his name. My fear is when he did his phone list he put my name down considering I am who he would have been speaking with instead of putting his own name down because who calls from prison to speak to themselves? Does anyone have any idea what we can do to get this approved?
I already told you he needs to put his name down, it has to have the name that is on the bill!!!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cljinct View Post
Is there a reason you are not approved? Is this a DV situation and were you the victim or a co defendant? If so you really need to follow the rules and not have contact as difficult as that may be.. it will cause more trouble if you try to circumvent the rules. It really depends on why your phone wasn't approved.
In Florida this is how they do things name on bill is who he has to list!!!
Old 11-17-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I already told you he needs to put his name down, it has to have the name that is on the bill!!!
You are right xolady you did tell me that and I sent him a letter stating this but apparently he already turned his list in before I knew this. We will work it out and if we have to wait there isn't much to be done about it I suppose.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
You are right xolady you did tell me that and I sent him a letter stating this but apparently he already turned his list in before I knew this. We will work it out and if we have to wait there isn't much to be done about it I suppose.
I don't understand the screwed up way they do this but believe me I tried every thing possible!!!
Old 11-17-2017, 08:48 AM

I don't get it either. When you turn in a phone list who in the world thinks to put their own name on something? It isn't like they would be calling themselves.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I don't get it either. When you turn in a phone list who in the world thinks to put their own name on something? It isn't like they would be calling themselves.
I know but try talking logic to any one working for securus is like talking to a brick wall!!!
Old 11-17-2017, 09:41 AM

Well I guess our only way of communicating for a while is going to be pony express considering how slow jail mail is. I had another chat with securus and they throw me back to the prison who throws me back to securus. Round and round we go.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:46 AM

One more question, do they at least tell the inmate it was denied? That way they know to try and contact their classification officer.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
One more question, do they at least tell the inmate it was denied? That way they know to try and contact their classification officer.
They know when they try to call it won't go thru!!! There is no way around this he needs to put his name or add yours on the bill.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:29 AM

ok thanks. I was just hoping when he tried to call it didn't sound on his end like I refused it. I have already mailed the letter stating he needs to put his own name on it. If they had let him know this from the start we wouldn't be in this mess. It will be ok, if this is the only hurdle we have while he is in I think we are doing good. In the grand scheme of things it isn't really that big of a deal.

The Following User Says Thank You to wife2countryboy For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-17-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 11:33 PM

Thought I would update this. I "assumed" he put my name instead of his on the list with the phone being in his name and that was what was causing us not to get calls. He had already been advised the name on the list had to be the same as on the bill so that is how he did it from the start. So all is good on that front, they are just slower than slow about approving anything. At least thank heavens that is not the problem here. We will just have to correspond through letter. In this day and age of instant everything it has made for some very impatient people. Oh well, this is not our first time at the rodeo, just our first time dealing with DOC since the 90's. We will live.lol

Old 11-21-2017, 10:59 PM

I'm still waiting for approval for the phone too. He turned it in 11/1 Classification is telling me he turned it in 11/7. At any rate Securus told me tonight my number still isn't on his list. Hopefully soon for both of us.

Good luck.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:54 AM

Rebecca recently entered the Florida Women’s Reception Center. I mailed a copy of my cell phone bill on the first day she arrived there and it took her more than 2 weeks to receive it. Now we have been waiting for more than a week since she submitted it, and still is not setup and no one there will tell her anything.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Can someone please help me out? I live with roomates and we have a landline but it's not in my name... however my boyfriend submitted the phone bill and my roomates name who is listed on the phone bill so when I set up a securus account can I use my information when I set up the account? Being since my bank will be charged for the calls. Please let me know my boyfriend turned in his phone list a few weeks ago so numbers should start getting approved soon and need to get this setup. Will calls work even if I don't have a securus account setup as of right now?
Old 11-23-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imissyou2332 View Post
Can someone please help me out? I live with roomates and we have a landline but it's not in my name... however my boyfriend submitted the phone bill and my roomates name who is listed on the phone bill so when I set up a securus account can I use my information when I set up the account? Being since my bank will be charged for the calls. Please let me know my boyfriend turned in his phone list a few weeks ago so numbers should start getting approved soon and need to get this setup. Will calls work even if I don't have a securus account setup as of right now?
*UPDATE - so I did a live chat with Securus and asked if this would be an issue and I was told NO it wouldn't be and once the number is approved I should be receiving calls with no problem. As long as they get the number approved by the facility you can add family, and friends numbers to your Securus account too as well and the account will be billed whenever your loved one calls the numbers on your account. I also went ahead and set the account up and added a few bucks for now so when it is approved we have no other issues. Thanks by the way this forum has helped me a tons. The search bar does wonders.
The Following User Says Thank You to imissyou2332 For This Useful Post:
wife2countryboy (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 11:57 AM

THat is good to hear. I just wish they would approve mine, his dad's number was approved LAST Friday, I would love to know why I haven't been approved.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:47 PM

Thanked 9,863 Times in 5,543 Posts

Quote:
I know but try talking logic to any one working for securus is like talking to a brick wall!!!
When an agency has rules in place, Securus is simply following those rules.

Broader question is whether the Florida guidelines related to the list submission contain anything about listing the name on the bill. If it does, then who in the hell can manage to screw that up? You would think someone knew if the phone was in their own name...
Old 11-24-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
THat is good to hear. I just wish they would approve mine, his dad's number was approved LAST Friday, I would love to know why I haven't been approved.
How many weeks has it been for you? My boyfriends Mom's number was the first number to be approved and I got a letter from him last week that he is still waiting for the other people on his list to be approved. It's been a few weeks we've been waiting. He told me he will know it's approved once it starts ringing. I sent him the phone bill a few weeks ago to that he asked for so he said he has everything covered just encase. I also see he's been checking and trying to call me since I setup the Securus account too. I just wrote him today to let him know I have the account setup and to let him know we're just waiting on the facility to approve our number and asked him if anyone else's number has been approved yet. Geez, it's gonna be three months in a week since we got to have a decent conversation... however I did get to speak with him on the 28th of last month for a few minutes.

Next is working on visitations but that's another story... this a gonna be a journey but I will stick by him!
Old 11-25-2017, 06:30 AM

It took 22 days from the day he turned in the phone bill for his list to be processed.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
When an agency has rules in place, Securus is simply following those rules.

Broader question is whether the Florida guidelines related to the list submission contain anything about listing the name on the bill. If it does, then who in the hell can manage to screw that up? You would think someone knew if the phone was in their own name...
Lynn the thing with securus is the name on list must be the name on the phone bill this in only in Florida as far as I am aware . So if the phone is in the inmates name that has to be the name on the phone list. It's very confusing and they refuse to explain this to the inmates. I only know from years of dealing with them. No one could give me a reason why or tell me to do this we just had to learn thru trial and error!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
wife2countryboy (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Lynn the thing with securus is the name on list must be the name on the phone bill this in only in Florida as far as I am aware . So if the phone is in the inmates name that has to be the name on the phone list. It's very confusing and they refuse to explain this to the inmates. I only know from years of dealing with them. No one could give me a reason why or tell me to do this we just had to learn thru trial and error!!!
Yes correct! I was talking to a Securus rep though because my Securus account is in my name but my boyfriend submitted my roomates name who is listed on the phone bill along with the number and phone bill. I asked Securus if this would be a issue with getting the number approved and they said no as long as he submitted the name that's listed on the phone bill it should be approved and that any number like friends, other relatives, etc can be added to your Securus account and when your loved one calls any numbers associated with your Securus account your account will be billed. It don't matter who OWNS the Securus account but it does matter that the name submitted and the name on phone bill match when getting the number approved by the facility.