Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
I donít think wanting to learn sign language or looking for a pen pal is weird or necissarily gang related. I donít think Iíve met a convict who didnít have some grasp of the prison dialect of sign language - itís a way to communicate from a distance or without being overheard, but itís hardly a ďsecret languageĒ in there. Now if heís asking you to look up gang signs and send them in I might be worried, but thatís seems unlikely lol.
Yay thank you. I was hoping so. Iíve been tripping out all day and it was ruining my day.
The Following User Says Thank You to LookingforLight For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-04-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I don’t think wanting to learn sign language or looking for a pen pal is weird or necissarily gang related. I don’t think I’ve met a convict who didn’t have some grasp of the prison dialect of sign language - it’s a way to communicate from a distance or without being overheard, but it’s hardly a “secret language” in there. Now if he’s asking you to look up gang signs and send them in I might be worried, but that’s seems unlikely lol.
Good to know
Old 06-04-2018, 10:19 AM

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Really appreciate it. Glad to have some perspective
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LookingforLight For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-04-2018), marco1969 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:11 AM

Default Pen pal

My love did the same. He asked if I would find his cellmate a girl.
Iím thinking... no... I donít know your cell mate. The kicker is recently he asked me to call his the cell mates girlfriend.. I was like... just a few weeks ago you asked me to find him a girl. Now you say he has a girl. Which is it... he was in the shiter. Aka doghouse
The Following User Says Thank You to JacqNihi For This Useful Post:
LookingforLight (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 AM

Posting a penpal ad is deff not usual. Just from my daughter being on the phone with her bio dad who is in prison, i've heard inmates shout "have her get me a penpal" .
as far as sign language, honestly it very well could be used for gang activity, but also learning sign language takes time, and it's a whole other language that could benefit him out of prison as well.
Me personally I would send it if my brother or very close friend asked for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
LookingforLight (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqNihi View Post
My love did the same. He asked if I would find his cellmate a girl.
Iím thinking... no... I donít know your cell mate. The kicker is recently he asked me to call his the cell mates girlfriend.. I was like... just a few weeks ago you asked me to find him a girl. Now you say he has a girl. Which is it... he was in the shiter. Aka doghouse
Omg that is so funny! Thank you for making me laugh
Old 06-12-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Posting a penpal ad is deff not usual. Just from my daughter being on the phone with her bio dad who is in prison, i've heard inmates shout "have her get me a penpal" .
as far as sign language, honestly it very well could be used for gang activity, but also learning sign language takes time, and it's a whole other language that could benefit him out of prison as well.
Me personally I would send it if my brother or very close friend asked for it.
Good to know. Yeah I actually was talking) in a letter to him and he mentioned heís trying to stay out of any bs prison networking communication etc while heís there and doesnít want to get into any sh** so I pretty much stopped worrying about the sign language thing since then thankfully
Old 06-12-2018, 07:30 PM

Oh great so I wrote to his bunky telling him what info I need to post a penpal ad. Now I’m wondering is this a faux pas for me to write directly to his bunkie? I just told him he needs to write a paragraph then give it to Eddie (my guy) to send to me so I can post an ad. I don’t know Eddie is not the jealous type but it’s his cell mate and what if he’s weird about it? Things are really good with Eddie and I right now. Maybe I am tripping. Eddie included a note from his bunky is his letter to me but I wanted to mail it separately because I wasn’t sure if there was a rule about writing 2 inmates in 1 envelope. Wish I hadn’t gotten involved in the penpal thing
fbopnomore (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 07:37 PM

Is that faux pas to write his bunky? I was just trying to help and told him about it
Old 06-13-2018, 08:12 PM

Thanked 2,412 Times in 1,524 Posts

I would have just sent the message in a letter to your guy. Who knows if it will cause a problem. I guess you will find out sooner or later.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I would have just sent the message in a letter to your guy. Who knows if it will cause a problem. I guess you will find out sooner or later.
I was going to include the note in a letter to him but I thought there might be a rule against that writing 2 inmates in 1 letter. I donít think he will be pissed off at me just wonder if it might create issues between him & his bunky or if people in there Ďtalkí. Hopefully will be fine

Last edited by LookingforLight; 06-13-2018 at 09:53 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 2,933 Times in 1,074 Posts

I think youíre putting way too much stress on yourself. Youíre doing both your LO and his cellie a favor. Iím pretty sure you donít benefit from this at all. So if they have a complaint about how you handled it; they can find him a pen pal themselves.

Iím sure it wonít be a big deal.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I think youíre putting way too much stress on yourself. Youíre doing both your LO and his cellie a favor. Iím pretty sure you donít benefit from this at all. So if they have a complaint about how you handled it; they can find him a pen pal themselves.

Iím sure it wonít be a big deal.
Thank you
Sarianna (06-14-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingforLight View Post
I was a little reluctant to post about this, but my lo asked me when he first got to reception if I could help his bunkie get a penpal. He phrased it in a way that was very flattering like he told him about us and how awesome I am etc. Iím thinking maybe he showed him a photo which doesnít bother me but I was a little annoyed by the request. This kind of request is unlike him. He said his bunkie asked if I had any Ďfriendsí after telling him about me and that he told his bunkie he would ask me if I knew a girl (specific racial preference) that would be willing to write him. I ignored the request at first then I said I didnít think I could help. I wonít help lol. Iím getting worried maybe heís part of a gang thing. He also said heís Ďfound his place among the inmatesí. That sounds like it. Then a few weeks ago he asked me for a print out of sign language for the alphabet saying some inmates had been showing him the alphabet. I did send that and thought nothing of it at the time. As a rule heís never asked me for anything $ or whatver since heís been locked up or even before. He is a tough guy lol Mexican he was a pro boxer grew up in Compton his charge was assault (on a man they got into a fight) and Iíve never been worried for his safety, he can handle himself. If he is in a gang I guess that could be good because they look out for each other he has protection. The request for a bunkie really annoyed me though. So itís the bunkie request that seems odd and if heís being asked to do stuff? No phones heís in reception still (been a month) and waiting for my visitor application to be approved. I am new at this too first guy (and last) in prison and his first offense

Aw.
So sweet chica, when the guys tell the "other men about us woman."I tell mine though be "careful doin' that though." Alot of snakes out here, ya know and i think you're to do what you're most :
>Comfy wit'
and if you're not comfortable doing it, i would not, but that's just me. and i wish you with tu novio/tu hombre, ya man the best of luck with your relationship...GOD BLESS.
Hugs and Blessings. adios..
Without action, it's just not real. Don't settle. Live Well. Be happy,
because life is too short not to be."
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
LookingforLight (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post

Aw.
So sweet chica, when the guys tell the "other men about us woman."I tell mine though be "careful doin' that though." Alot of snakes out here, ya know and i think you're to do what you're most :
>Comfy wit'
and if you're not comfortable doing it, i would not, but that's just me. and i wish you with tu novio/tu hombre, ya man the best of luck with your relationship...GOD BLESS.
Hugs and Blessings. adios..
MuchŪsimas gracias amiga! Tienes razůn.
Thank you so much! You’re right

Last edited by LookingforLight; 06-16-2018 at 10:52 PM..