Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:30 PM

Default When will he be classified in Kentucky? How can we make them do it?

Hi I have a random question and am very new to the site so please bare with me but ok my guy has been in jail for 17 months he has been final sentenced with 10 years for about a year now maybe a little longer. The issue is that in 17 months 12 of which again he has been sentenced for he has yet to get classified. They keep saying they are behind and basically it will happen when it happens but I live 3 hours from Webster with no car and since he was arrested I had our first baby (I was 7 months along) and to this day he has yet to hold or hug his daughter and haven't even laid eyes on her for 12 months because no one will drive me 3 hours for a 15 minute non contact visit. Sorry got off track my question is, is there any sort of protocol they must follow or basically anything I can do to get them to get their thumbs out of their asses?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 4,753 Times in 2,496 Posts

I gave you your own thread.

It is true they are waayyyy behind. But keep in mind not everyone goes to Roederer. Most class D and C felons are kept in full service jails rather than going to prisons. They will be classified at the jail or whichever jail they are sent to. Some do go to Roederer. It's hard to figure out which ones for sure go up and which ones do not.

Hopefully he'll go soon. I suppose he can try writing to DOC Classification in Frankfort to see when he'll be transferred. It will look better if he does it and not you. Also, it seems if you mention anything to DOC like - new baby, move him closer to home - they move then farther away so it's best not to mention those things.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:09 PM

If you can prove that you are traveling longer than an hour an a half then most county jails will give you a longer visit. I know I travel 4 an a half hours and I get an hour long no contact visit.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:56 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,994 Times in 13,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADL&AJH102010 View Post
If you can prove that you are traveling longer than an hour an a half then most county jails will give you a longer visit. I know I travel 4 an a half hours and I get an hour long no contact visit.
I believe you have to travel approx 350 miles or so one way (but that's for an extended prison visit); I drove a little over 2 hours one way for a county visit and they only let me have a 15 minute glass visit. Some county facilities may let you have longer with less travel time out of the kindness of their heart, but it not guaranteed.
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sass4221 (01-27-2017)
Old 01-29-2017, 10:08 PM

This was a long time ago, but I used to drive 4 hours each way for a 15 min no contact visit every 1-2 weeks. It was hard to do but we had no children together. That made it a little more easy on me.

Good luck to you and yours.