Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge Introductions forum for California members and a place to discuss non-prison related topics with other people in the State.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:16 PM

Default Intro - ShellBellZ- Husband in WSP-Reception

Hi everyone my husband was sentenced back June 19th in Riverside county for 32 months over a bullet keychain that was in his car at the time. He has been in Wasco State Prison-Reception Center since June 24th. He is a felon so I understand there being consequences but after he got out of prison he moved to Florida turned his whole life around we met and was married within 6 months. He has not been in any kind of trouble not even a speeding parking ticket the last 4 years so this seems a little harsh. Visiting his family back in January was when we were stopped ticketed searched arrested made bail then took back into custody at court in March. This is my first experience with a loved one in prison and I must say it sticks to high heavens. This is the first time we have been separated for more than a few mins at a time since our very first date missing him terribly. Was told he would be able to make a call within 30 days and I'm still waiting. Can anyone explain how reception works and then on to mainland?

Last edited by ShellBellZ; 08-04-2019 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Failed to put as introduction
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2019, 06:55 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,334 Times in 12,867 Posts

Hi and welcome to the Prison Talk California forums.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:55 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,909 Times in 15,432 Posts

reception is the hardest part (or rather one of the hardest parts)
As I understand it, reception inmates do get one call a month. (was not that way before)
Letters are the least expensive way to keep in contact but even those take a while for them to get.
Not sure if you are in FL or CA but if you are going to visit him, he's got to send you a visit application. Fill it out completely, accurately and honestly.
You might check the Wasco forums
http://prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=607
for info more specific to Wasco.

Reception is supposed to be like a few months, but can take a bit until they can find room for him at his *mainline* prison.
He will see his counselor at some point and be told he might be sent to *whatever prison* but that does not mean its a for sure thing. They will place him in a facility that has a bed for him (his level, needs etc)

Here is to hoping he does not have a long term.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-05-2019)