Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 10-27-2019, 03:46 PM

Here's an update, on the blue wreath. I said at the time, I would pass along the favor. Well I got an opportunity. My son, was released in December 2017. I used the wreath that year so he could see it. In 2018 I gave it to a young woman who was grieving for her husband who recieved a 10 year sentence. She cried too. Her son was 4 at the time. She said he told his dad all about it on visitation day and that they were hanging it for him. So I guess she'll have it for a while, but it's doing it's job. As we approach the holiday season in 2019, I'll keep each one of you in my heart, and pray for the hoiday season you'll be reunited with your loved ones.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to georgiagrama For This Useful Post:
Billys_Lady (10-29-2019), fbopnomore (10-27-2019), GaReform (10-28-2019), jancy (12-10-2019), patchouli (10-27-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2019, 10:19 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,895 Times in 17,030 Posts

Thank you so much for the update! It warms my heart to read your post and know that somewhere a young mother & son have something special to look forward to at Christmas that "includes" their loved one

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 10-28-2019, 06:39 AM

I have always decorated my Christmas tree and house in blue just because I liked it.
This year I will tell my three-year-old that it is for our pen pals in prison, and for their families.
Thank you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to +VERDE+ For This Useful Post:
jancy (12-10-2019), patchouli (11-06-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 09:14 AM

Thanked 2,186 Times in 861 Posts

So glad to see you posting. I know you're happy to have your son released. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with others. We need all the hope we can get to make it down the road we're on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiagrama View Post
Here's an update, on the blue wreath. I said at the time, I would pass along the favor. Well I got an opportunity. My son, was released in December 2017. I used the wreath that year so he could see it. In 2018 I gave it to a young woman who was grieving for her husband who recieved a 10 year sentence. She cried too. Her son was 4 at the time. She said he told his dad all about it on visitation day and that they were hanging it for him. So I guess she'll have it for a while, but it's doing it's job. As we approach the holiday season in 2019, I'll keep each one of you in my heart, and pray for the hoiday season you'll be reunited with your loved ones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
jancy (12-10-2019), patchouli (11-06-2019)
Old 05-18-2020, 02:41 PM

Thanked 1,668 Times in 427 Posts
Default I remember so well Itís been a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jancy View Post
This goes back a long time now, but when my son was incarcerated, I could not bear the thought of Christmas with him inside. I really wanted the holiday season to disappear. I felt so bleak.

I decided to give up my traditional tree and changed to a different smaller pencil tree. I felt as blue as could be so I used blue lights.

I wrote to my son and told him about the blue light special Christmas. Then many others here joined me on the project and also decorated in blue. I had candles in the window in blue lights, too.

Although he has been out nearly six years now, I still always keep a blue nightlight burning to remind me of all the others who are inside, some for the rest of their lives.

Please feel free to join me in turning the world blue for the holidays in remembrance of all our loved ones who serve time.
So many years have gone by. I just wanted to say hi to all my old friends. Who got me through the worst time in my life. Thank you 🙏 for that. Iíve became a stronger mother through those years.. to all the mothers who are struggling right now. My message is. One day at a time. Always keep hope and faith in your heart ❤️ It took me a long time but I knew I would never give up on my son ....... itís been a long long rd. But we are near the end. Heís about to go to work release.... 🙏. Jancy. I did my tree in blue and white for years 💕💕💕. I will always remember. Brave heart ❤️.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brave heart For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-19-2020), patchouli (05-20-2020), sidewalker (05-20-2020), trauma4us (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 02:47 PM

Thanked 1,188 Times in 539 Posts

How wonderful - I come back to this post over and over again. I've been here awhile too now unfortunately
Old 05-20-2020, 09:10 AM

Thanked 2,186 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave heart View Post
So many years have gone by. I just wanted to say hi to all my old friends. Who got me through the worst time in my life. Thank you �� for that. I’ve became a stronger mother through those years.. to all the mothers who are struggling right now. My message is. One day at a time. Always keep hope and faith in your heart ❤️ It took me a long time but I knew I would never give up on my son ....... it’s been a long long rd. But we are near the end. He’s about to go to work release.... ��. Jancy. I did my tree in blue and white for years ������. I will always remember. Brave heart ❤️.

So happy for you! I see you list Jax FL as your location. My extended family has lived in the area forever. Love Beach Road Chicken!! I keep up with some reentry stuff there & if your son is coming back to Jax area, check out Operation New Hope. They are a great group providing reentry assistance. https://operationnewhope.org/