Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:01 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,279 Times in 2,187 Posts

Well... bad news.... first time in ages I have no shellac nail polish on my fingernails... Took it all off and they are bare now.. I feel naked... BAD TIMES!!!
sidewalker (04-03-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,996 Times in 5,005 Posts

My daughter has nail extensions and they need replacing,she is freaking out as it will be the first time in years she will be without them.
I need a hair cut ,I have long hair so I am going to trim it myself and hope for the best.

These are unusual times and needs must. I like thursday evenings when the residents of my street come out onto our driveways and applaud our health service workers. Its a weird distancing street party. Its good to see everyone.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.

Last edited by maytayah; 04-03-2020 at 05:13 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
My daughter has nail extensions and they need replacing,she is freaking out as it will be the first time in years she will be without them.
I need a hair cut ,I have long hair so I am going to trim it myself and hope for the best.

These are usual times and needs must. I have thursday evenings when the residents of my street come out onto our driveways and applaud our health service workers. Its a weird distancing street party. Its good to see everyone.
Don't get me started on my hair... I have blond highlights and they are growing out... I'm looking like a skunk...
maytayah (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 07:02 PM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,335 Times in 16,166 Posts

I trimmed my bangs again today. I had planned on scheduling a hair appt but when tht stuff gets in my eyes? Nope.
Glad I dont have to deal with color or nails.

Well Ive been hearing of folks going outdoors at 8pm and howling. Its sort of funny. Ive not heard this here tho, its happening in counties near me but Im guessing since they started a new fb page, it will happen around here too.

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (04-03-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 09:24 AM

Default Getting by when isolated by coronavirus

Someone gave me some good advice the other day. They said to "Allow yourself to be as you are."
So I've been allowing my self to feel my anger, fear, etc. rather than talk my self out of my emotions. It may feel uncomfortable in the short run, but after doing this, the tightness in my chest (that's been there on and off for years) has released.
I've seen how much I've tried to control my thoughts, emotions--everything. That's exhausting! It seems much more free to allow life to flow as it wants. It seems to be letting old, stuck emotions move and release.
FYI: by feeling my anger, it does't mean I'm lashing out at others. It's just feeling the emotion inside myself.
Good luck!
Old 04-04-2020, 09:34 AM
Donation Award 

hhhmmmmm...... I've never had problems being myself. I'm an emotional person rather than a rational person so I'm pretty good at handling crap like that because I don't give a rats ass about a lot of things. I don't feel anger and I don't try to control my emotions because they'll come out at one point anyway... I can get pissed but it's always temporary.
Being in a lockdown is getting a bit much now because I also like talking.... I flow beautifully and I just miss exercise and the pool and just to be free to do what I want but I also know this is temporary.
So keep flowing and try to make the best of it! In the end, it'll always be alright
maytayah (04-04-2020), sidewalker (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 12:22 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

My life remains unchanged. I was an isolationist introvert that only got out to go grocery shopping anyway.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:54 AM
Donation Award 

Ok, ready to commit a felony.......
Hub was just complaining about not having any choices in tea.

Survey says, that is a lie.
I just pulled out about 15 different type of teas.
He said, well......I didnt buy those.
I say well neither did I. The tea fairy must have brought them.
I said, well I can just throw them out. (A rare tea drinker and its usually either Earl Grey or just regular lipton)
NOOOOOOOOOO he says, dont throw them out.
He wants me to put them back. I say.....oh I will but them away...in the trash.

Ima kill him, I swear.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Girl22472 (04-12-2020), maytayah (04-12-2020)
Old 04-12-2020, 10:15 AM

Sometimes I miss those days.

Then there are days where I know it's a good thing we aren't physically together.

I tell my husband all the time, and have for years,... I love you every day.... but I don't always like you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-13-2020)
Old 04-12-2020, 10:25 AM

Here in the UK we need thousands of farm workers to help get the crops in.Normally the seasonal workers would come from Eastern Europe and north Africa. Now with travel restrictions we stand to lose our crops and let them rot in the fields.

We are relying on those who have been furloughed to take the temporary jobs. Only now do some see how valuable our migrant workers our to our economy and food supplies.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 06:37 AM
Donation Award 

It will be a different summer now for sure. Outdoor events will be cancelled.....like county fairs, concerts.
My grandson's birthday is the 15 of next month. Im really starting to doubt he will be able to have any sort of party. Not the end of the world but.dang. I miss seeing him. Its only been just over a month, but STILL.........

Today is the first day of new restrictions/safety measures. Masks MUST be worn if you go into a bldg (other than your home) and outside if you cannot be 6 feet from one another. And unfortunately I have to return something I bought yesterday. I caved and went to target and got a few things. I was not allowed to try them on at the store so when I got home, I decided I didnt like the fit. Now I gotta return them. poop.(loved the colors, but they didnt fit right)

I know I shouldnt complain but dang......this is awful. I dont watch the news very much as its too depressing. But I try to keep up with the local scoop. Keep watching the stats on how many cases. It does not seem like a lot of them (172, which is up 6% from yesterday) and they wont tell you anything just that they have had that many cases so you dont even know if the whole experiment of social distancing is really doing much. At least its not worse.
Seems like most are adhering to the regs. Walking downtown which is empty........is depressing. Seeing the parks all taped off.

Anyway...going stir crazy the last few days.
Gonna have to find something to put over my face to return this stuff.

Edit. Shit. Just read I have to wait to return these items. Buggar.

Last edited by sidewalker; 04-17-2020 at 06:39 AM..
Old 04-21-2020, 10:23 AM

The thing is that many people cannot organize work correctly. I saw how they manage the workers and I think that this is completely wrong. With this attitude, no one will want to do the job efficiently, and it doesn’t matter that this person is from Eastern Europe and North Africa or from the UK
Old 04-24-2020, 04:36 PM
Donation Award 

Just a little update of MY effing situation... Panama extended the close of the airport for commercial flights until May 20 PLUS this effing moron who rules your country (US) stopped immigration until the end of June... So anyone who wants to come and visit me after May 20th (in case Panama's airport opens again)... PLEASE DO! I'm going crazy!
Out of grief I bought some Peanut Butter today... as if life isn't bad enough
Old 04-25-2020, 06:41 AM
Donation Award 

**Out of grief I bought some Peanut Butter today... as if life isn't bad enough***
LOL! Noooooooooooo not the peanut butter!!

I at least got to see a video of my grandson on his *balance bike* (the ones with no pedals or training wheels that they use their feet to push along)
He's FINALLY got it! He was zipping around on that bike at his mom's work. (she pulled him from daycare for about 2 weeks or so) and they have a large parking lot where he can buzz around (supervised of course)
So at least there was that. I miss him alot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
maytayah (04-25-2020), MizzyMuffling (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 07:06 AM

We are on lock down in the UK until the 7th May at least. We should then go into a phased reopen. Some non essential shops reopening and some phased return to work.I havent stopped working ,however I have missed family and friends and travel. I cannot wait to get to a beach and hear the waves and smell the sea air.

Who knows when the prisons will reopen but I will be there as soon as they do no amount of video visits can make up for a hug and kiss.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:21 AM
Donation Award 

I have been in lockdown since the beginning of March and this weekend again NONE is allowed out. Shops are only open for delivery. That's it.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:50 AM
Donation Award 

Every time I go to the store there is a new rule. This time its the store implementing their own.
The county says......wear a mask if you are inside a public space. Out side if you are not able to maintain 6 feet of space.
Yesterday, the store folks at the entrance told me to wear my face mask while in line OUTSIDE, even with the 6 feet of space.

Ok whatever.
I just hate those masks. I'd better be more diligent in meal planning so I can just go once or twice to the store.
Seems I always think of making something that I need something I dont have in order to make it.
Dang.

MizzyMuffling (04-26-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 08:45 PM

Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,985 Posts

Im in NYC the heart of it all. We are on Pause until the 15th. They are talking about phased reopening. Im afraid it will just flare up again. I dont go out much. The store and such. Groceries are so damn expensive.

I sent my boys to their fathers for 2 weeks. They didnt see him for 6weeks, so it was a compromise for their mental health.

Working from home. Writing to whoever will listen on the legislative level, but out governor is not budging.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:17 AM
Donation Award 

In CA they have relaxed just a tad a few of the restrictions about parks and are planning on reopening some of them
Wont do me any good tho (these are regional parks, mostly) as they say you can only go there if you can walk or bike in. No cars. No parking lots, and no bathrooms.
Big whoop.
They also announced here locally the county fair which takes place in August has been cancelled this year. That has not been done since WW2.
Hard not to get depressed about this.

(of course Im leaving out the most impactful stuff for people, like getting back to work, paying bills, getting to school, visiting with family and friends..........ug......gotta stop now or I'll bum myself out further)

Old 04-29-2020, 09:19 AM

With the self isolation going on it is very easy for me. I don't like being around crowds as it is due to certain things. Big reason is my PTSD. I do have a real certified service dog who helps me. I am considered essential for work and I am ok there as I have known most of the people there going on 20 years. I don't bring my dog to work. No need as she would be more of a distraction. lol. Dog lovers in these parts.

I bought a new home in December, got my wood shop up and running, and have been doing furniture builds and what not. Keeps me occupied daily. I do house cleaning daily as I have it on a schedule. I like to run in the back yard with my dogs and basically stay at the house unless I have to absolutely go to the store. I wear the mask more so to let people know I am aware of not only myself but for others as well. Plus my dog tends to keep people at a distance anyway.

I get to talk to my wife daily which is just icing on the cake. I do miss seeing her, but, want her safe.

I also play classical guitar and that is usually at night after my wood shop work is at a stopping point.

If you don't have a hobby. Find one if you can. It makes it easier on me at least.

Stay safe everyone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koogie2k For This Useful Post:
maytayah (04-29-2020), sidewalker (04-30-2020), YOGA62 (05-24-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 04:55 PM
Donation Award 

So how’s your quarantine going? I’ve completed 3 month in Panama and Winter is here or coming... that was today... view from my apartment.
Attached Files
File Type: docx PTO - May 23; Mizzy's post.docx (152.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by patchouli; 05-23-2020 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: resized picture - was way too large for page!
Old 05-23-2020, 05:24 AM
Donation Award 

Oh boy.
I'd have a hard time with the height of that place but it sure is pretty too to be able to see out like that. (felt my stomach lurch just looking at the pic......damn when did I get so chicken)
They are loosening up some sip orders. Ive yet to read them only because its feels not worth it. When the kids can go to a park and play on the equipment, then I'll be happier. And maybe grab a beer at a local spot I like to go to sometimes with my fellow retired friends.

Seems we have had an increase but are still managing to keep it under whatever the limits are for advancing reopening. Think we are at something like 467 positive cases, up 5% from yesterday. They have been doing alot more testing. I see the sites in my travels.

Hopefully the onset of winter does not cause caos with this virus down there Miz.

MizzyMuffling (05-23-2020)