Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Alabama that do not fit into any other Alabama subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 02-28-2004, 07:26 AM

Default Need Info On Bibb Correctional Facility

I don't know the first thing about Bibb and would appreciate any information you can give me on Bibb. I can't find a picture of the place on the ADOC website. It doesn't have any info on programs either. HELP!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Wa8n n luv 4 my ala king

Hey Lace my husband just left Bibb tues. There are i know of 3 here that really helped me especially Deneise. U can pm me with questions. it took 3 weeks to get approved for visits seemed like 10. Took a couple of days for phone. 9 out of 10 cos were nice to me. He said most are cool to them. You can speed it along by making sure your inmate has your name,address,ss# dob already. take id didn't look too bad outside as prisons go. visit every other wknd 8-1 gets full bout 9-9:30. only chairs no tables 1 hug and kiss or the get written up. i have seen people do more don't know if they got in trouble. Can't take anything in there but u and id 2 forms everytime. Take 1 dollar for debit card and 5,10 or 20$ to put on it. food from machine available and most i saw ate like crazy. kids need birth certificate but there is nothing for them to do. so i would not take them. with extra money he can have u some nice gifts made from wood i have seen many. Dont remember seeing a picture on doc site but there is info general on there and i called and talked to a few people with general questions . Hope i helped let me know what u need answered and i will try to help. My man just transferred to Elmore so i know how u feel This is his first time in for 2 ys out this oct in since nov 03. So i am new to this. Good luck talk to ya soon. Gotta go get Prince tickets
Old 03-01-2004, 07:33 AM

Hi Lace...

Bibb ....so far so good

Vistation= it's the only place we have been that children (not belonging to inmate) is allowed to visit as long as the visitor is the mother or father. Food is OK...its all in machine and takes debit cards that you purchase before you go in. The cards cost 1 dollar and you can put (so the sign states) up to 30.00 on it (FYI...it will not take the new 20 dollar bills--learned that the hard way) but i have put up to 37 dollars on it without any trouble..good thing is you take the card back home with you, so if you have funds left you can use it the next time. Hours are 1 to 8 every other weekend...it gets pretty crowded and sometimes they (CO"S) will make the first 25 or so leave. I always get there a about 9:00 hoping that I don't get ask to leave when it does get crowded.

Programs- They don't have SAP classes but they do have "crime bill" classes that i believe is spin off of SAP, seems to be a better program. Its run by a woman named ms. Merdock and she seems to be good, as long as the inmate is "doing the right thing"

Location: Pretty hard to find it your not from around here...PM me and i'll give you a few hints on how to find it.

Mail: same old same old like the rest of the prisons.

Money: Keep him a week ahead...what they pay for this week they don't get until next week. What i do is the day I visit (sunday) i go to the post office there in Brent and mail him his money order..he gets in on the books by Wednesday..

Food:...Kenny say's its the worst...but then again he's quite picky...has stomack problems too.

it is one of the news prisons in alabama but way over crowded...

Smoking....no allowed during visitation..
Old 03-01-2004, 06:34 PM

Thanks Denise...the only problem we may have is my son was incarcerated when his baby was born so he could not be there to sign the birth certificate. But we do have pictures of them together at Bullock and we've never had a problem with him getting in to see his dad. He is 3 yrs. old and the first thing he tells any of them at the front desk is "I want to see my daddy!" I know when he was first processed at Kilby before being sent to Bullock he was asked if he had any children and it should be on his records. I still haven't got a phone call from my son from Bibb. We did do three way with a guy he knows but he still hasn't gotten his phone set up. He got there Monday morning so it has been a week.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:15 AM

Lace....I will talk to kenny tonight...I'm PMing you
Old 03-13-2004, 01:10 PM

Hi Lace, my son is at Bibb and if you still need to know anything about visitation let me know. I am trying to find out how he can take correspondence courses or college classes. I don't think they offer much there.You can contact me at (e-mail address removed per PTO policy - member may be contacted via Private Messaging on PTO)

Last edited by Lysbeth; 03-13-2004 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: (e-mail address removed per PTO policy)
Old 03-14-2004, 02:44 PM

Thanks, we haven't visited there yet. His phone just got turned on last week after 18 days and about 5 phone calls one of which was to the warden's office. Someone that takes care of the phone list was on a medical leave. I talked to whoever answers the phone in the warden's office and asked did they have to wait for this person to return to work and she told me no someone should be taking care of that. I explained our situation to her and his phone was turned on that day. Everyone I spoke with was really nice and hope most of them are that way when we visit. We will see.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:20 PM

lace, most of the guards at bibb are really nice I had mostly good experiences with them when I visited my dad with my little girl. I was preg with her most of the time when my dad was there and when I had her and broght her down there were some that told me I couldnt take a blanket in there and then there were some that would but for the most part they were all nice just like all the rest of the places some are nice some are not but it is true if u get there and u are one of the first ones to get there when they start getting crowded they will start calling names and if they call yours u will have to leave I luckily did not have to do that thank goodness I hope you have a nice visit when u go Have a good night

hugs
Jamie

HUgs
Jamie
Old 03-15-2004, 12:56 PM

Thanks Jamie I was glad to hear that. I know some of the CO's at Bullock was not so nice. The ones up front that let you in was great but once inside they had really bad attitudes toward family members. There was one lady CO that always give my son a hard time and he never knew why. Needless to say we don't miss her! LOL!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Bibb Correctional Facility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lace
I don't know the first thing about Bibb and would appreciate any information you can give me on Bibb. I can't find a picture of the place on the ADOC website. It doesn't have any info on programs either. HELP!
Hi there, my son is at Bibb and I will be happy to give you any information that I can. What would you like to know? It is located in Brent, Alabama which is about 30 minutes out of Tuscaloosa. Visitation is every other weekend on either Saturday or Sunday depending on his last name. It is tucked in the country in a very rural setting. It is actually in a pretty location and is more peaceful than I had imagined. I felt better after visiting my son there because it wasn't as bad looking as I thought it might be. I would be happy to answer any questions for you that I can.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:29 AM

Thanks...We still haven't visited yet but if I need to know anything I will contact you.
Just knowing it's not some horrible looking place helps.