Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 PM

Default Monthly fees while in jail

My husband has been held in county jail for over 3 years, was waiting to be tried on charges for a crime he never committed, well it is finally at the end and the slow moving wheels of justice have figured out he did not commit this crime and it is now likely the case is going to be dismissed all together, at which point my husband (who is on parole) will meet with his parole officer and go through the revocation process, we are expecting him to be set free, but our question is this, will he have to catch up payments to the parole office of the $10 per month fee they charge, even though he was in jail for 38 months?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 06:17 AM

Thanked 11,105 Times in 6,007 Posts

If he is continued on supervision, then yes, the fees are due and payable since a continue supervision decision has the net effect of treating his parole supervision just as if he had been on the street the entire period of time.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
If he is continued on supervision, then yes, the fees are due and payable since a continue supervision decision has the net effect of treating his parole supervision just as if he had been on the street the entire period of time.

I see what your saying, but he did not have the BENEFIT of being on the street, he was sitting in county jail, not working, not able to pay, so as soon as he steps out he owes $380.00? That just screams WRONG to me. Thank you for your insight, I don't mean to bite the messenger, I'm just frustrated with all that has gone on.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 AM

Thanked 11,105 Times in 6,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myguysinmoco View Post
I see what your saying, but he did not have the BENEFIT of being on the street, he was sitting in county jail, not working, not able to pay, so as soon as he steps out he owes $380.00? That just screams WRONG to me. Thank you for your insight, I don't mean to bite the messenger, I'm just frustrated with all that has gone on.
Your saving grace is it won't be due in one lump sum...

And, paying the $380 beats the hell out of the alternative...let's face it, being continued on supervision means he would keep all the time instead of potentially losing it as could occur through revocation.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Myguysinmoco (12-09-2012)