Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:39 PM
~NDNAVO~

Lightbulb Lexington, Kentucky - Looking for info

Ok so my fiancé has been down almost 3 years and has quite a bit more to do. He's been on his best behavior and its finally starting to pay off; his security points dropped by a total of 9 in one year yay! This made him eligible for a low he waiting for 3 months to be designated and finally got transferred. Right now he's in the transfer center in Oklahoma but will be going to Lexington,KY. I'm looking for as much information for the male facility there as possible as wel as Lexington as a city. I've read posts talking about its a nicer facility than most but there's a lot of ups inmates there with high security because its a medical place and all kinds of stuff so any and all info is highly welcomed. Thank you all in advance as I am SO excited he will be almost 3 hours closer YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Katallac04 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-09-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM

Well it does have different levels but most of them are the sick inmates. Its an older place but pretty laid back. Visiting is the same as most places. Thur fri mon. 2-9sat sun830-3.they still have free weights there. There are hotels about 5 miles from the prison not expensive but always check on booking because uk basketball can book them up fast if they have a big game or event. Its a college town so lots of restaurants depending on what you like to do. There is a mall on nicholasville rd. Off of newcirlcle one of the main roads. Not hard to find your way. If flying in main airport is Bluegrass airport. Hope this help s you it's only about five miles as well, good luck to you. I'm from ky
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trueblue73 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-10-2013), Katallac04 (03-11-2013), Rtlyn18 (08-19-2017)
Old 03-11-2013, 09:12 AM
~NDNAVO~

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue73 View Post
Well it does have different levels but most of them are the sick inmates. Its an older place but pretty laid back. Visiting is the same as most places. Thur fri mon. 2-9sat sun830-3.they still have free weights there. There are hotels about 5 miles from the prison not expensive but always check on booking because uk basketball can book them up fast if they have a big game or event. Its a college town so lots of restaurants depending on what you like to do. There is a mall on nicholasville rd. Off of newcirlcle one of the main roads. Not hard to find your way. If flying in main airport is Bluegrass airport. Hope this help s you it's only about five miles as well, good luck to you. I'm from ky
Thank you sooooo much! I had no idea that visiting was allowed 5 days a week at most places; where he's coming from was strictly 3 hours Friday n normal 8-3 Saturday n Sundays so that's a definite perk. I know he'll be happy to hear that there's free weights, he was just asking about that. As far as anything I need to know are there any suggestions you could offer??

Old 06-16-2013, 11:25 AM

I'm on my way to the female prison in Lexington Kentucky and would like any info on what to expect.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,163 Times in 13,318 Posts

This is an old thread. You can check the Woman's federal prison camps thread for information of what to expect there.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50568
Old 06-17-2013, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzpee View Post
I'm on my way to the female prison in Lexington Kentucky and would like any info on what to expect.
I was there in 2005. It's really old and run down but totally laid back. There is one guard for 300 women and very quiet for the most part. Not many fights because if you get caught fighting you go to the county jail and lose your camp status. Nobody wants to risk it. How much time do you have to serve?? You may be there already so I'll wait to hear back from you and give you more details.
The Following User Says Thank You to kimmyshelplayer For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-17-2013)