Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:16 PM

Question Lexington FMC in Kentucky.. Anybody?

So my husband has finally been transferred to Lexington FMC..yeah, the medical prison..he tried so hard initially to be placed only in a mental hospital with no prison time and it has bitten him in the behind. He was NOT placed in a hospital and now is serving his time almost ten hours away from us unfortunately. (He had been in a mental institution for a few days a year before his arrest after smoking k2 and then abruptly stopping..he was having psychotic episodes..please stay away from the stuff). So anyway, now he's there for at least 18 months (he has to do 36 before the halfway house) before he can put in for a transfer closer to us. I just wanna know if anyone has a loved one here..also, if ur reading this and DON'T have a loved one there..has ur loved one ever been transferred closer to home right around the 18 month Mark if he was very far away?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rtlyn18 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-19-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2017, 03:07 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,154 Times in 13,313 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. The federal medical centers all have dedicated psych wards, so he is probably assigned to the one at FMC Lexington.

A request for a transfer to a prison closer to home after 18 months of clear conduct is just that, an application. I did see some folks get moved towards the end of their sentences, but my requests were all ignored so I was always at least 1200 miles away from home.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:36 AM

I don't know if he's in a psych ward..it seems he would've mentioned that..he is not truly sick mentally. As I said above, it was all a farce to try to not have to go to prison at all.. I'll ask him though..he said his cellie is a child molester. He would've mentioned being in a psych ward though. Were you at this prison? I'm trying to find out anything helpful to know from someone who had a loved one at this specific prison..not just general stuff..thanks anyway though
Old 08-19-2017, 05:58 AM

I was in FCI Ashland for several years. The people who came from Lexington seemed to like the place, compared at least to Ashland, and some even tried to transfer back. The OP is generally very lazy when it comes to transfer requests. A transfer for the RDAP drug program is much more likely to happen and you might want to research if any of those facilities are closer to home. Best of luck, and remember that "this too shall pass!"
Old 08-19-2017, 08:02 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,154 Times in 13,313 Posts

I was at FMC Butner in North Carolina, and they had a ward for inmates with mental illness/conditions, so it should also be available in Lexington.

My reply was based on your comment that he was trying to get admitted to a mental hospital instead of a prison, so if the bop psych staff eventually agrees, he may end up in Lexington's MH unit.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:41 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. Let me clear up this mental health thing. In 2015 my husband started having psychotic episodes for about three months after smoking k2 for about a year straight, large quantities, then stopping abruptly. So, we sent him to a mental hospital..three times within the first month..they diagnosed him with scizophrenia and prescribed him meds.. which he took none of because he was not scizophrenia (sp)..after maybe five months he went back to normal..he is far from mentally ill and once he got to county, played the role to try and get into a mental hospital instead of a prison and failed, he pretty much went back to normal..but the public defender had already started with the "he's mentally ill and needs help" talk..so at the sentencing, the judge mentioned it also..with that being said after reading some of the older posts about Lexington FMC, it seems that an illness is not even a guaranteed reason to be placed there..but my question was more so trying to find out info about how the prison is in general.. he's not on any meds there..they prescribed him some initially in county and after taking like three does that made him feel weird, he stopped taking them and hasn't been on any since. So the mental health issue is not a big deal and not what I'm focused on with this post. I actually got some good info from a couple people in a 2013 post on here..that wasn't too long ago so it was helpful..you guys definitely have helped me with the possible transfer stuff though. So it's looking like there's not a good chance huh? So sad... he's not doing RDAP because he did it for time off 11 yes ago (before I'd met him) when he did three years in the fed for similar charges (white collar)..he does have an 11 yr old daughter whose mother is deceased and he is her only living parent. He had full custody and gave guardianship to his sister upon his arrest. She has behavioral issues and I have too many children of my own with barely any money to support them, so that was the best choice. We were hoping that she would be a reason to bring him closer. Along with our two toddlers that we have together. It seems that they don't care about family though. It's been ten months. That's what I'm gathering this far. So basically, if anyone else has any info on the going in inside Lexington FMC, that's what I'm looking for at this point. Thanks ��
Old 08-19-2017, 08:42 AM

So many typos..I hate autocorrect