Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Employment w/a Criminal Record
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Employment w/a Criminal Record Finding post-incarceration employment can be an almost monumental task. Find tips, job offers and stories from those of us that have experienced it first hand.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Account Closed

Default Out of Sight, Out Of Mind.

People, please understand, there is a war against felons in this country. Society wants us homeless, hungry and broke, I have a breach of computer security felony..YES..I'm a hacker, I was a good one too. No matter, No felon can get ANYTHING being honest. So my birth name, my ssn, is dead as far I'm concerned. F**k it! If I have to break the law by creating a whole new person, sobeit, I gotta live and eat too. Don't just lie on your apps, control who you are, manage the info people see about you. I have a great job now and the only person that gave me a chance is me. Make your won luck people!!!!!!!!1
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 03:20 PM

I agree and how did you do it
Old 04-27-2012, 03:21 PM

Until the laws are changed there are no second chances
Old 04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lack10 View Post
I agree and how did you do it
In truth , I had to have someone show me it took a lot of time to get it right , Don't misunderstand, there are many Obstacles and Hurdles still do deal with . You have to look deep very deep . Keep off the surface.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Account Closed

Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by lack10 View Post
Until the laws are changed there are no second chances
Your very correct , In most case's there isn't a first chance, The only difference between those who has experienced the inside from those who have not.
( They Haven't Been Caught Yet ) .
Old 05-02-2012, 03:04 PM

I agree if you think about when say yes to being convicted your being convicted all over again. When does it end
Old 05-03-2012, 09:20 AM

Thanked 1,244 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2017 View Post
Your very correct , In most case's there isn't a first chance, The only difference between those who has experienced the inside from those who have not.
( They Haven't Been Caught Yet ) .

Sorry to intercept here but, I do not agree with that statement. I am certainly not saying that I have NEVER broken the law (it was not that long, ago I didn't stop completely at a stop sign, and on occasion, in emergency, I have ran a red light etc.) sure there are people that have done things that are not exactly legal (probably most everyone has done something) but to infer that we just have not been caught yet is why we have not seen the inside of a prison is nonsense. I don't expect I will ever be in prison, because I don't do things that would get you incarcerated. (fined maybe) incarcerated NO. Anyone with any sense at all would know if they are putting themselves at risk, when you do, there are consequences. My son can certainly tell you that, he has been in more than once, and it was not from spitting on the sidewalk.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by montysmom View Post
Sorry to intercept here but, I do not agree with that statement. I am certainly not saying that I have NEVER broken the law (it was not that long, ago I didn't stop completely at a stop sign, and on occasion, in emergency, I have ran a red light etc.) sure there are people that have done things that are not exactly legal (probably most everyone has done something) but to infer that we just have not been caught yet is why we have not seen the inside of a prison is nonsense. I don't expect I will ever be in prison, because I don't do things that would get you incarcerated. (fined maybe) incarcerated NO. Anyone with any sense at all would know if they are putting themselves at risk, when you do, there are consequences. My son can certainly tell you that, he has been in more than once, and it was not from spitting on the sidewalk.
Short and sweet , many of us don't have that same form of luck whether you see it or not, there are many out there , that has gotten away with so much Knowing it and never seen the inside of steel and razor wire, that's daily .
Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,642 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2017 View Post
People, please understand, there is a war against felons in this country. Society wants us homeless, hungry and broke, I have a breach of computer security felony..YES..I'm a hacker, I was a good one too. No matter, No felon can get ANYTHING being honest. So my birth name, my ssn, is dead as far I'm concerned. F**k it! If I have to break the law by creating a whole new person, sobeit, I gotta live and eat too. Don't just lie on your apps, control who you are, manage the info people see about you. I have a great job now and the only person that gave me a chance is me. Make your won luck people!!!!!!!!1
I believe there SHOULD be a war against felons ... that is called law enforcement which is used to protect innocent people. "Society wants us homeless, hungry and broke" Really? That really sounds like a defeatist attitude. Statistics generally shows that ex-felons will repeat their offenses which makes it difficult to trust them (given that you might not know the individual personally). Only accepting the reality of who you are, sincere change, and perseverance will persuade an individual otherwise. More to the point, it is the individual that matters ... not society. Unless you are running for pubic office who gives a crap what society thinks? Society isn't the person you begin a relationship with, society is not the person giving you that job, society is not that person that decides to lease you that home ... individuals do those things.

You did what you felt was best for you, but I have to say that my personal feeling is that you are missing out on an important part of life, the part known as reality which in the end is what YOU make of it. It is not easy living by the rules, especially when we believe some of those rules are unfair and even detrimental to our success. It is not easy, and there are a multitude of hardships along the way. However, by following the rules and doing what is always moral, ethical and legal you eventually rise above the stigma of being an ex-felon and become the creature that God intended you to be. In my humble opinion it is the best way to live life to the fullest and without fear.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Checker View Post
I believe there SHOULD be a war against felons ... that is called law enforcement which is used to protect innocent people. "Society wants us homeless, hungry and broke" Really? That really sounds like a defeatist attitude. Statistics generally shows that ex-felons will repeat their offenses which makes it difficult to trust them (given that you might not know the individual personally). Only accepting the reality of who you are, sincere change, and perseverance will persuade an individual otherwise. More to the point, it is the individual that matters ... not society. Unless you are running for pubic office who gives a crap what society thinks? Society isn't the person you begin a relationship with, society is not the person giving you that job, society is not that person that decides to lease you that home ... individuals do those things.

You did what you felt was best for you, but I have to say that my personal feeling is that you are missing out on an important part of life, the part known as reality which in the end is what YOU make of it. It is not easy living by the rules, especially when we believe some of those rules are unfair and even detrimental to our success. It is not easy, and there are a multitude of hardships along the way. However, by following the rules and doing what is always moral, ethical and legal you eventually rise above the stigma of being an ex-felon and become the creature that God intended you to be. In my humble opinion it is the best way to live life to the fullest and without fear.

Thank you so much Real Checker for the most sensible information on how to lead your life after incarceration. If you don't mind, I do send some excerpts from your posts to my son, hoping it will sink in.

Last edited by montysmom; 05-08-2012 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,642 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by montysmom View Post
Thank you so much Real Checker for the most sensible information on how to lead your life after incarceration. If you don't mind, I do send some excerpts from your posts to my son, hoping it will sink in.
Don't mind at all. I'm glad someone finds my posts sensible. I'm not perfect, but I must be doing something right because I have a really fantastic life. I even rejoice in the hardships because I know what I do is right in the eyes of God, and being a Christian that is very important to me.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Checker View Post
Don't mind at all. I'm glad someone finds my posts sensible. I'm not perfect, but I must be doing something right because I have a really fantastic life. I even rejoice in the hardships because I know what I do is right in the eyes of God, and being a Christian that is very important to me.
Thank you and many blessings to you my friend. Yes, your approach to staying out of prison, and having a good life is sensible, and actually uncomplicated. Is it moral, ethical and legal, that's all you need to ask yourself. Thanks for the wisdom.