Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:42 PM

Default Husband was re-classified - what happens now?

My hubby was reclassified??? Anyone have any info when someone is moved from one level to another ??? Everything was going so good 😭
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2016, 04:33 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,486 Posts

Hi - I gave you your own thread as you might get more responses than in the introductions thread

What is your husband's new security level? CTF is level I and II so if his classification remains one of these, it could be that not much will change - different yard/block possibly... If he's level III or IV now, they will transfer him to an appropriate facility eventually (after endorsement).

HERE again the attachment to CDCR page explaining classification.

Please feel free to ask more questions though
Old 11-17-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Hi - I gave you your own thread as you might get more responses than in the introductions thread

What is your husband's new security level? CTF is level I and II so if his classification remains one of these, it could be that not much will change - different yard/block possibly... If he's level III or IV now, they will transfer him to an appropriate facility eventually (after endorsement).

HERE again the attachment to CDCR page explaining classification.

Please feel free to ask more questions though
Thank you ,,,,, yes level 2 now his points were 6 them they sent his charges to Sacramento and they were moved to 19 . I was so confused because I guess he doesn't get the 33% anymore ? So it was disappointing 😭🙏🏼
Old 11-18-2016, 11:34 AM

Thanked 1,191 Times in 490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvfaith33 View Post
Thank you ,,,,, yes level 2 now his points were 6 them they sent his charges to Sacramento and they were moved to 19 . I was so confused because I guess he doesn't get the 33% anymore ? So it was disappointing 😭🙏🏼
I don't know how that will affect 33%. You are explaining he has been changed from a level I to a level II. I can make a comment or two about living conditions assuming they keep him at CTF and move him to a level II yard.

CTF is cell living for level II. Was he living dorm or cell in the level I yard he apparently started? I think most other level I and II facilities are dorm so cell living is a little unique to CTF. There is a fairly high population of long term inmates who have worked their way down to level II from level III and even level IV facilities. So he might notice more older inmates who have been in for a long time.

Hopefully that much will be an easy transition for him. And if he does well he has opportunity to work off enough points to get back to level I yard in 2 or 3 years. Assuming he is in that long.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-19-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
I don't know how that will affect 33%. You are explaining he has been changed from a level I to a level II. I can make a comment or two about living conditions assuming they keep him at CTF and move him to a level II yard.

CTF is cell living for level II. Was he living dorm or cell in the level I yard he apparently started? I think most other level I and II facilities are dorm so cell living is a little unique to CTF. There is a fairly high population of long term inmates who have worked their way down to level II from level III and even level IV facilities. So he might notice more older inmates who have been in for a long time.

Hopefully that much will be an easy transition for him. And if he does well he has opportunity to work off enough points to get back to level I yard in 2 or 3 years. Assuming he is in that long.
He was living in dorm and called me to tell me they were moving him across the street to level two but have not heard from him in a couple of days ....... so I am assuming different rules??? He was already working and involved in church but was just wondering what's the difference I made a appointments to see him do I need to reschedule cause he is in new level? And is there a new waiting period for him to have phone privileges again? I am sorry for all the questions
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvfaith33 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-19-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 09:22 AM

Thanked 1,191 Times in 490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvfaith33 View Post
He was living in dorm and called me to tell me they were moving him across the street to level two but have not heard from him in a couple of days ....... so I am assuming different rules??? He was already working and involved in church but was just wondering what's the difference I made a appointments to see him do I need to reschedule cause he is in new level? And is there a new waiting period for him to have phone privileges again? I am sorry for all the questions
Wish I could help. Those questions regarding rescheduling appt, waiting period, phone privileges - I don't know. Prison decisions, policy, procedures. They'll do what they do. Unless someone else has a better suggestion or understanding, I'd be tempted to wait till he is able to contact you. I'm sure that is frustrating. He's all but certain to have his job assignment change and he will be cell living on the level II yard.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,486 Posts

No need to apologize for questions, Faith. I never visited when my LO was at CTF but I believe they have split it into two facilities -- and the instructions on their page (HERE) suggest that you need to check which facility your loved one is before booking a visit. Hopefully you will hear from him soon and he can confirm to you his new housing info..and you can take it from there with possible re-scheduling.
I am not sure about the phone privileges; my guess would be that his privileges remain the same but....but it is just a guess at this time, sorry! Hopefully someone who has gone through this might chime in...
Old 12-17-2016, 02:46 AM

Hello it's been a while since I been on. But everything is going great have been visiting my hubby and Soledad seems to be pretty fair and actually nice . But I do have a question ???? My hubby was reclassified in November any advice on if reclassify was fair or necessary ? Who can we get advice or steps on to talk to?
Thanks faith
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvfaith33 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-17-2016)