Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:52 AM

Default Is anybody getting parole this month in Colorado?

just wonder anybody get parole this month?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,094 Times in 4,227 Posts

Not for us sadly , but I hope some people have been approved.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:40 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

My husband says that of the entire list of people they see each month maybe 1 out of 100 get paroled.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:36 PM

how fair on full board vote ?
Old 02-02-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
My husband says that of the entire list of people they see each month maybe 1 out of 100 get paroled.
It may seem like that but that's not the case. Parole rates have significantly increased in the past 5 years. I've seen statistics and for 2017, about 73% of offenders we're paroled.

I was blessed to have had a meeting with the new executive director Dean Williams last week. I did talk to him about parole. He indicated he is working with his administration to determine why offenders are not being paroled and also why so many offenders are being held past their PED. He indicated he has a meeting this week with members of the parole board. On that note, there is also a new chairperson of the parole board. Joe Morales stepped down and John Odell retired so there are a lot of changes on the board.

Last edited by nancyginnm; 02-02-2019 at 09:44 AM..
Old 02-02-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatofpuppy View Post
how fair on full board vote ?
The full board works with what they are provided with by the case manager as well as what is in the offender's file.If you have someone that's taking classes and programming the way they should, I think they will be fair. However, if you have someone that's not working or doing any type of improvement to themselves they see that as well. It also depends on how much time the offender has done on the sentence.

There are seven board members and in order to be approved for parole four of the seven members must approve parole.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
The full board works with what they are provided with by the case manager as well as what is in the offender's file.If you have someone that's taking classes and programming the way they should, I think they will be fair. However, if you have someone that's not working or doing any type of improvement to themselves they see that as well. It also depends on how much time the offender has done on the sentence.

There are seven board members and in order to be approved for parole four of the seven members must approve parole.
So my husband completed the program he was supposed to do... TWICE. Guess what? Because he was thrown back in because he couldn't manage a 35+ hour a week job + 6 counseling sessions a week and WALKING to all of that, plus homework for all those counseling sessions, he is now back in prison and won't be eligible for parole again until he completes program for the THIRD time.

He's been in 17 on a 4 yr minimum.

There's nothing fair about Colorado parole.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:04 PM

hi guy, my guy got full board and he got it, and he will be home. Thanks God for everything we put in your hand.

Last edited by meatofpuppy; 02-16-2019 at 05:09 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to meatofpuppy For This Useful Post:
Revenwyn (02-18-2019)