Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Growing, in love, daily.

Unhappy I haven't heard from my LO in 2 weeks..worried

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I received a phone call from my love. He's CM II so he's only allowed one phone call every 14 days, prior to this his phone calls came like clock-work so any deviation from that schedule immediately worries me. In addition to no phone call, I also received no mail from him this week, again - not like him at all. I get at least one letter from him a week, religiously. Though seemingly small these 2 inconsistencies have me worried beyond belief, to the point that Im losing sleep. On Monday Im calling his co to make sure he hasn't lost his phone privileges for whatever reason. But the time before that has given me way too much room for speculation. I don't communicate with any of his family (for various reasons; long story short - I tried and they weren't interested) so I can't reach out to them to ask if they've heard from him. At this point all I can do is wait and it's so frustrating.

I hate worrying. I hate not knowing whether he's ok. I hate not being able to reach out to any of his family to ask if they've heard from him. I feel like Im by myself when it comes to him and in situations like this one, Im left to deal with my worry on my own.

No one can seem to understand my stress and frustration over this and I needed to vent. Hopefully someone on PTO can relate and possibly provide support.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:34 AM
WINNING! Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,877 Times in 10,462 Posts

There are so many variables that it doesn't make sense to make yourself sick over the matter. Since a couple of weeks have passed have you considered the possibility that he was transferred to another facility without prior notification (it happens)? This is a possible reason for his lack of communication. Does the state he is incarcerated have a website where you could check? Have the two of you discussed how best to handle such situations should they occur? If so, stick to the plan.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 11-18-2012, 04:21 AM

i know how you feel i havnt heard from my fiance in a week and a half only know hes been moved because i went to the visit booked only to be told hes not there but i dont understand hes contacted his family but not me and his son and prison r useless and wont let you know anything please let us know if you actually hear from him!! i had a pannick attack and fainted today and woke up in a ambulance didnt think i was stressing that much but clearly i am. i hate how family and friends feel like there being punished also good luck hun
Old 11-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Growing, in love, daily.

I checked the website and as of 11/14 he hasn't been moved. It won't be updated again until tomorrow for any days after that so of course I just have to wait. We haven't discussed how best to handle such situations but after dealing with this it will be our FIRST discussion once we talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty View Post
There are so many variables that it doesn't make sense to make yourself sick over the matter. Since a couple of weeks have passed have you considered the possibility that he was transferred to another facility without prior notification (it happens)? This is a possible reason for his lack of communication. Does the state he is incarcerated have a website where you could check? Have the two of you discussed how best to handle such situations should they occur? If so, stick to the plan.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Growing, in love, daily.

Oh wow. I pray this reply reaches you in goid health. Im sorry that you're dealing with a similar situation and that it has caused you so much stress. How do you know he's contacted his family? At least you've been somewhat updated.

My biggest issue with telling my friends is that some tend to try to downplay the severity of the situation, as if my concern isn't warranted, like I should just sit back and not be concerned that I haven't heard from him, and that Im overreacting..when Ive experienced them full out panicking over a lot less. It's frustrating. But I guess worry is subject to one's own level of intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missombre2012 View Post
i know how you feel i havnt heard from my fiance in a week and a half only know hes been moved because i went to the visit booked only to be told hes not there but i dont understand hes contacted his family but not me and his son and prison r useless and wont let you know anything please let us know if you actually hear from him!! i had a pannick attack and fainted today and woke up in a ambulance didnt think i was stressing that much but clearly i am. i hate how family and friends feel like there being punished also good luck hun
Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 AM
WINNING! Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,877 Times in 10,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelasoul View Post
I checked the website and as of 11/14 he hasn't been moved. It won't be updated again until tomorrow for any days after that so of course I just have to wait. We haven't discussed how best to handle such situations but after dealing with this it will be our FIRST discussion once we talk.
Okay well keep us posted, I'm sending up a prayer that things are alright just as a precaution but honestly I'm sure all will be well and you'll look back at this some day and think, "Oh geez remember the time..."

As for the discussion about such situations, please do. You know what I always say, "Communication is key to any successful relationship."

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 AM

Thanked 1,866 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelasoul View Post
It's been a little over 2 weeks since I received a phone call from my love. He's CM II so he's only allowed one phone call every 14 days, prior to this his phone calls came like clock-work so any deviation from that schedule immediately worries me. In addition to no phone call, I also received no mail from him this week, again - not like him at all. I get at least one letter from him a week, religiously. Though seemingly small these 2 inconsistencies have me worried beyond belief, to the point that Im losing sleep. On Monday Im calling his co to make sure he hasn't lost his phone privileges for whatever reason. But the time before that has given me way too much room for speculation. I don't communicate with any of his family (for various reasons; long story short - I tried and they weren't interested) so I can't reach out to them to ask if they've heard from him. At this point all I can do is wait and it's so frustrating.

I hate worrying. I hate not knowing whether he's ok. I hate not being able to reach out to any of his family to ask if they've heard from him. I feel like Im by myself when it comes to him and in situations like this one, Im left to deal with my worry on my own.

No one can seem to understand my stress and frustration over this and I needed to vent. Hopefully someone on PTO can relate and possibly provide support.
UGH....anything is possible with any Prison in the US.....things happen that prevent our LO's from calling.....we must try to remain calm and not get overly stressed. We also have to remember, our LO's are adults and they can handle themselves...if they have gotten into trouble, they have to deal with the consequences....we never know what all they go through in there and what shit can get stirred up in the blink of an eye.

He will get ahold of you as soon as he can....take a lot of deep breaths.

Peace~
Old 12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
It is what it is
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,248 Posts

Hope you finally heard from him.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Growing, in love, daily.

I did. Sorta. I got a letter explaining why I hadn't received a phone call. And received a few more letters since posting this but still no phone call. He decided to use his November phone call to call his mother which I understand because they hadn't spoken on the phone in over a year. Hopefully I get a phone call this month.

Last edited by Beelasoul; 12-02-2012 at 09:55 PM..