Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:10 PM

Default Bainbridge PSATC Info Needed

My son was transported to Bainbridge Probation Substance Abuse Treatment Center 9 days ago. He called from the counselor's office, just long enough to let me know they use Jpay and Securus. No other contact, although I've mailed letters. I called and talked to his counselor who said they mailed visitation forms the day after he got there and I cannot visit or receive phone calls or put money on his books until the forms have been returned and processed. I contacted the Ombudsman via email to try and get any facility specific info and was told to download the visitor application from the GDC website.

My main question now is there is an place on the form that states,

"Please check and attach appropriate documentation to verify your relationship with the listed offender:
Notarized letter from you verifying your common law relationship,
Birth Certificate, Divorce Decree, Other: "

Do parents and grandparents have to attach any of these documents? Do we need to send in copies of our drivers licenses?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,887 Times in 3,462 Posts

I don't know the answer, but I would attach everything I could get my hands on. In the case of parents, I would use a birth certificate or adoption certificate. Same for grandparents. I would also send a copy of my drivers license.

The more you send, the less likely you are to have to repeat the process all over again.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
hethw (12-13-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 08:51 PM

Thanked 2,076 Times in 813 Posts

I was trying to remember what all we sent in order to visit our son. I know we made copies of our drivers license. I believe we also sent his birth certificate copy showing we were his parents. You only need to answer relationship info at the top of page 2. For the grandparents I would check with his counselor to see if a notarized letter from the grandparents stating their relationship to him would work. I'd send that & a copy of their drivers licenses if they have them. There's a box on the form to check that says "other" under verifying relationship. I'd mark that for the grandparent letter. Y'all also have to list your socials & drivers license number so they can do a background check.
At visitation they check ID too but they explain all that. Here is a link that gives a lot of info that will be helpful.http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/sites/de...ion_FAQs_0.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hethw View Post
My son was transported to Bainbridge Probation Substance Abuse Treatment Center 9 days ago. He called from the counselor's office, just long enough to let me know they use Jpay and Securus. No other contact, although I've mailed letters. I called and talked to his counselor who said they mailed visitation forms the day after he got there and I cannot visit or receive phone calls or put money on his books until the forms have been returned and processed. I contacted the Ombudsman via email to try and get any facility specific info and was told to download the visitor application from the GDC website.

My main question now is there is an place on the form that states,

"Please check and attach appropriate documentation to verify your relationship with the listed offender:
Notarized letter from you verifying your common law relationship,
Birth Certificate, Divorce Decree, Other: "

Do parents and grandparents have to attach any of these documents? Do we need to send in copies of our drivers licenses?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-05-2019), hethw (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
I don't know the answer, but I would attach everything I could get my hands on. In the case of parents, I would use a birth certificate or adoption certificate. Same for grandparents. I would also send a copy of my drivers license.

The more you send, the less likely you are to have to repeat the process all over again.

Thanks so much! We sent:
Parents-color copy of drivers lic, his birth cert, our birth certs, marriage license
Grandparents-color copy of drivers lic, his birth cert, my birth cert, my drivers lic.

Today will be 7 days since they have received the info (I paid to overnight via USPS and verified receipt). Still haven't heard a thing. My son is able to call, he said they only feed them twice a day on weekends and holidays. They are in a building with 2 dorms, 50 people/dorm, and only have one water fountain to have anything to drink between chow time. He's very hungry and eager for me to put $ on his account. I check jpay multiple times a day, but it still says I am not authorized/on his list. So disappointed cause I really wanted to visit this weekend. He's been there 2 weeks, they made him report the Monday before Thanksgiving (he's been out on probation in our custody, clean, for six months prior to reporting). We finally had our child back, and I am so worried about his morale with the lack of communication, food, etc...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hethw For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-13-2019), GingerM (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,887 Times in 3,462 Posts

You still have your child back. It's harder to get drugs inside than out - not impossible, but much harder and the penalties are more frightening.

Good that you sent all the documentation. In Oregon, it typically takes a month or so for visitation to be approved - it seems to be about the same in other states. I'm surprised that they require that approval to put money on his books, but unfortunately, that's the system you have to work with.

One option is to call JPay and see what they say about putting money on his books. I'm not sure exactly how Georgia works (GaReform knows), but it could be that it's something JPay could help with. And if not, all you've lost is a bit of time on the phone.

Your son is still there. He's waiting for you. He'll be as happy to hear from/see you as you will be to see him. Alas, both of you have to wait for the system to do its thing

Here's hoping everything goes through by Christmas - that would make a fabulous Xmas gift!
Old 12-19-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
You still have your child back. It's harder to get drugs inside than out - not impossible, but much harder and the penalties are more frightening.

Good that you sent all the documentation. In Oregon, it typically takes a month or so for visitation to be approved - it seems to be about the same in other states. I'm surprised that they require that approval to put money on his books, but unfortunately, that's the system you have to work with.

One option is to call JPay and see what they say about putting money on his books. I'm not sure exactly how Georgia works (GaReform knows), but it could be that it's something JPay could help with. And if not, all you've lost is a bit of time on the phone.

Your son is still there. He's waiting for you. He'll be as happy to hear from/see you as you will be to see him. Alas, both of you have to wait for the system to do its thing

Here's hoping everything goes through by Christmas - that would make a fabulous Xmas gift!

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! We finally got approved today! Can visit this weekend. Apparently, it will be another 24 hours to be able to put $ on jpay, and he says the commisary will be closed the next couple of weeks because of the holidays. But we will bring quarters and fill him up with junk food! lol Unbelievable that they only feed them twice/day on Fri-Sun and holidays. One water fountain per dorm of 50 people.
The Following User Says Thank You to hethw For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-24-2019)