Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:07 PM
Donation Award 

Default Looking for Central Mississippi Correctional Facility CMCF A&D information

Does anyone have any information on the women's A&D program at CMCF? My wife is supposed to be headed there in about a month from Jasper County Jail. Is CMCF really the horror show I've been reading about?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2019, 07:26 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,130 Times in 16,649 Posts

Hi Arh413 I'm glad you found us

I'm not familiar with that facility, but I can give you a little info on the Receiving & Classification process. From Mississippi DOC's webpage:

Quote:
The Receiving and Classification (R & C) process takes place at CMCF. This process can take between two weeks to forty-five days. During R & C, the offenders are evaluated and tested for the following:
  • Medical Exam – Overall medical condition, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, TB, HIV, AIDS
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Education – Intelligence tests are administered; education levels are self-reported.
.....During the R & C process, offenders will not receive any visits or telephone calls.
The offender will generate telephone and visitation lists during the R & C process.

There are links on the same page that provide information on Good Time, Early Release, send money, visitation, etc) There is also a link to the Inmate Handbook - Chapter one covers Admission, Orientation & Classification in much more detail.

https://www.mdoc.ms.gov/Inmate-Info/Pages/Receiving-Classification.aspx

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 11-18-2019, 09:38 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you so much. I've been going a little crazy because I can't get anyone from CMCF on the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arh413 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-18-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 11:19 PM

A&D housing for the men's program is generally segregated from general population in order for those in the program to associate with others who are also in the program. I assume it will be the same with the women's program, as they try to keep consistent across locations when it comes to those type of programs.

Also, if you can't get anyone in administration on the phone, I would suggest you contact the Chaplains. They're usually willing to talk to you about anything, so they can give you some basic information, and definitely more than I can, but I can't guarantee you that they will have any in-depth knowledge regarding the A&D program.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba Ray Fett For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-25-2019)