Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Extended Family
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Extended Family For the grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins of inmates.

View Poll Results: What's the most logical action in this case?
Bond him out, knowing he's unemployed, and leave him to hire his own attorney. 1 2.44%
Since you want to help, leave him in jail and pay for his attorney. 40 97.56%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 AM
My baby is home !!

Thanked 1,156 Times in 993 Posts

I wouldn't bail him out, he's going to need a lawyer !!!

He's Home as of 7/17/2010
The Following User Says Thank You to crazycasey183 For This Useful Post:
jeswannabhiswyf (06-10-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 PM

Thanked 4,853 Times in 1,380 Posts

We could have bailed our daughter out, but our attorney said its better she stay where she is...she is getting more time credited to her right now and it shows that she is willing to pay for her crime and not bail out...so say...My daughter is ok with that...it's hard not being with her kids but she said she would rather be getting time credited then out with no job anymore and then having to leave her kids AGAIN...for us it was the best choice to leave her in. we all have to make the choices to do waht is right for us...Me I think I would let him stay in and get some time served...and it sounds alittle like he had some run in with the law before so leavuing him might give him a better cahnce of a wake up call.
Just my thoughts...
In Gods Grace
TLC
Nehemiah 8:10
The Joy of the LORD is your strength

RELEASE DATE... 2/13/16
Believing GOD will bring her home sooner
The Following User Says Thank You to TerryLee For This Useful Post:
jeswannabhiswyf (06-16-2010)
Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 PM

Thanked 4,853 Times in 1,380 Posts
Default I have a question about the victims impact staetements

My daughter and I were talking tonite about when she gets sentanced...I told her to prepare herself for the " victims inpact statements"...she said she won't be there...I thought really? she said she heard she had a choice and if she does she will choose NOT to be there. She said she has made peace within herself and she has asked God to forgive her and she is and will always pray for Mrs A. But she does not feel the need to have them say all the terrible things about her, when they only know her as "The drunk who hit them"...she said they don't know the " true Jennifer".
I did'nt know what to say...I saw her getting choked up and I know her heart, she has beat herself up pretty bad over this they had her on suicide watch for the 1st 3 days she was so upset. We sent our pastor in and after that visit and 2 more visits she was off suicide watch and she has been ok. She still cries when she thinks about Mrs. A. She knows she can never change what has happened. SHe can only go forward and not let it happen again.
What do you all think about this? should she be there or not?
Let me know
Thanks so much
TLC
Nehemiah 8:10
The Joy of the LORD is your strength

RELEASE DATE... 2/13/16
Believing GOD will bring her home sooner
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TerryLee For This Useful Post:
jeswannabhiswyf (06-16-2010), rkrj (07-16-2015)
Old 06-16-2010, 02:42 AM
grateful for my Man!
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryLee View Post
My daughter and I were talking tonite about when she gets sentanced...I told her to prepare herself for the " victims inpact statements"...she said she won't be there...I thought really? she said she heard she had a choice and if she does she will choose NOT to be there. She said she has made peace within herself and she has asked God to forgive her and she is and will always pray for Mrs A. But she does not feel the need to have them say all the terrible things about her, when they only know her as "The drunk who hit them"...she said they don't know the " true Jennifer".
I did'nt know what to say...I saw her getting choked up and I know her heart, she has beat herself up pretty bad over this they had her on suicide watch for the 1st 3 days she was so upset. We sent our pastor in and after that visit and 2 more visits she was off suicide watch and she has been ok. She still cries when she thinks about Mrs. A. She knows she can never change what has happened. SHe can only go forward and not let it happen again.
Let me know
Thanks so much
TLC
maybe it would help all of them if those guys could see her tears! she may miss a chance but to go there needs courage, this for sure. it is her choice though... but if she has not the courage to face them, she is keep running the rest of her life. she is right, they dont know her.... but she does not know them either! maybe the guys are not going to make her down. honesty and courage help....

I would let her know that all what she has to do is to show up. to face the situation. and if the others comport ok, this can be a good thing. maybe she will also be able to see their pain; something what may help her to never drink againe and to keep the memory of the victime alive in sharing her story. THIS is what brings your daughter healing.

IF the victims family make her down, then this is not what she has to take. they have no right to do this. but we cannot act for others. but if she wants to keep her own self respect, it would be better to show up.

this is what I would share with my son, if he would be in this situation!

the way the other acts is his karma and responsibility, the way I respond is mine!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shush For This Useful Post:
jeswannabhiswyf (06-16-2010), rkrj (07-16-2015)
Old 07-17-2015, 07:19 AM

I would not bail him out. He has got to start getting his act together. He has clearly not learned from his past experiences. I am just afraid that going to prison may lead to him becoming familiar with people and schemes that he would be better off not knowing. I can only think his parents feel the same hence the offer of bail. Maybe they would end up paying the legal costs down the line too but dont want to advertise it to see of he will help himself.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:55 PM

Default Time for tough love

• Fourth time on similar charges?
  • 25 years old - old enough to make his own choices?
  • Family gets into debt to cover his butt?
A simple recipe for tough love. Your cousin is old enough to wear the consequences for his own actions. If he has any maturity he'll know that his family still love him, even if they let him serve time.
GingerM (11-12-2019)
Old Today, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryLee View Post
Let me know
Thanks so much
TLC
In my opinion out of respect for the victims families and the victim and to show she is being accountable she should be there. She has made peace? How about offering some of that to the people whose lives she has affected?