Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Arkansas Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:25 AM

Default Drug charge 10+ years ago: Can I visit him?

once he is actually in prison am I going to be able to visit him I will be legally his wife today and was wondering because I have a past I have a drug charge that's older than 10 years old but I don't have any pending charges if I'm going to be able to see him will they let me go and see him or is that something and stopped me and will they let me make some calls to him or him making phone calls to me I just need to know if I'm going to be able to talk to him and write him and see him because of this past he will be in Arkansas Department of Corrections
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2018, 07:35 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,579 Posts

That's a loooooooooooooong sentence
Why don't you call the prison/visitation? Have you applied yet?
Here4mylove (01-18-2018), Sarianna (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 08:19 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,129 Times in 14,208 Posts

**That's a loooooooooooooong sentence***

I just got what you meant. lol

OP
you will likely have to have him send you a visit application. (you can visit even if you were not his wife........at least I believe you can)
When you get it, it will ask if you have any criminal history.
Say what you were charged with, what the outcome was....dates etc.
fill it out completely.
(if you cant remember exactly you may want to get something from the court you were dealt with in...sorry I forget what its called)
Hopefully this will be enough to get visits approved.
Leave NOTHING out on the application.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Here4mylove (01-18-2018), MizzyMuffling (01-18-2018), Sarianna (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 09:55 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,378 Times in 14,873 Posts

He has to send you the visitation form. As stated above, be totally honest when filling it out. Here is what ADOC says about visitation:

Quote:
Visitor Applications
  • Each visitor must complete a visitation application and return to the address listed on the form to the attention of the Visitaton Clerk. The inmate is responsible for providing visitors with applications. Applications are then processed, reviewed and either approved or denied by the Warden. The screening process can take seven (7) days or longer. A criminal history check is done on all prospective visitors.
  • Minor children, under age 18, may not be allowed to visit unless accompanied by an approved adult visitor, or upon proof of emancipation.
  • Visitors age 12 and older are required to provide state issue photo identification for entry into a correctional facility.
  • Approved visitors may not be listed on more than one inmate's visitation list unless the visitor is confirmed as an immediate family member of each inmate and approved by the Warden or Center Supervisor.
Anyone who is not on an inmate's approved visitation list will not be allowed to visit.
Read the info about visits by Clicking Here.

You will not be able to call him. He will have to call you:

Quote:
Inmates are provided with coinless telephones during set hours of use. Inmates can only make collect calls to pre-approved numbers. Inmates cannot have cellular phones or calling cards. Inmates can lose their telephone privileges for disciplinary reasons. Each unit has its own telephone policy, so please check with the particular unit for specific hours of use. Boot Camp inmates may write and receive letters only. They have access to telephones only in emergency situations or to notify family or friends prior to graduation from the Boot Camp.
See the link posted above.

Quote:
Pre-Pay Phone Service

This service allows you to deposit funds into an inmate's Pre-Pay phone service account. You can deposit money 24/7 online, phone or from your Smartphone. For more information and details visit Pre-Pay Phone Service.
Quote:
Inmate Email Service Introducing a convenient and fast way to send messages and photos to your friend or loved one at Arkansas DOC.
Your loved one can now receive emails and photos from you faster than the post office can deliver a letter. Simply visit www.accesscorrections.com to send a message and/or photo to your loved one today! Access Secure Mail accepts MasterCard and Visa debit and credit cards. Additional information is located at www.accesscorrections.com under Frequently Asked Questions.
Internet Website: www.accesscorrections.com
Quote:
Inmate Package Program
Quote:
The Inmate Package Program provides a way for one to purchase a food package for incarcerated family members or friends. During the program period, an inmate can receive up to $100 of goods through participating vendors.
Click on one of these links to redirect to a package vendor.
http://adc.arkansas.gov/online-servi...-email-service

Also, please read the Guide for Family & Friends

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 01-18-2018 at 09:57 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
AR PCS (01-18-2018), Here4mylove (01-18-2018), Sarianna (01-18-2018), sidewalker (01-19-2018)