Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:31 PM

Default Mail Issues Garza East/ Garza West - Trouble, sad wife

so i have written my husband like 8 letters, a letter every day since he moved to garza west LAST MONDAY. and still no letter back. i am going insane waiting for a letter in return. i know he has money in his books, and they say they can write as soon as they get there? so what is the problem? anything else it could be? HELP

i know i am writing the correct place
because i looked up his name in the
tdcj offender search & found the adress
to garza west through the tdcj website.

Last edited by karen; 06-28-2009 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: title
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,266 Posts
Default No Letter

If they moved him from county, it takes a week or so for his money to catch up to him. It was 3-4 weeks before we received a letter from my son. When he was transferred from County and finally ended up at Bradshaw we sent additional money to him via Western Union Quick Collect. Many members use JPay. He may not have a stamp and/or hasn't made store.Others will be along soon to help. Just keep writing because your letters will catch up to him and he'll be SO GLAD to see them. Just hang in there..I know it's hard not hearing from him. Hope this helps and God bless as always.

Last edited by GraysonMom; 03-11-2009 at 08:42 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 PM

thankyou so much, ya ive been writing him every day. it helps me because i have so much to say to him everyday and no way to say it except letters. my parents have been telling me not to write till i get a letter back haha but they dont know how hard it really is. thankyou. its been a week but i guess ill wait to more weeks and try not to get angry and jump my mail man when i dont recive a letter haha kidding. but i get so upset when i dont recive anything. i break down crying. i just wanna know he's okay & didnt get jumped or anything : (
Old 03-12-2009, 10:26 PM

It took a long time for me to hear from my husband when he was moved from county to Garza West - like 3 wks or more. Main reasons are no access to money at first, and not having any stationary, pencils, or stamps, and a lot of the guys will not share what they have. The new guy has nothing he could trade, but I hear they are not allowed to trade things, so... just be patient, and know that you will eventually get your letters. You could write and say "I know you must not be able to write me yet, and I understand," instead of "Why the heck haven't you written?!"
Old 03-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,179 Times in 2,585 Posts

My son was in the system almost 2 months before he had a chance to make store. I know he is thrilled to get your letters. Mail is the highlight of their day so just keep writing. Hopefully he will get supplies soon.

Help Desk

Super Moderator: Texas, Capital Punishment, Hurricanes, Visitation, Prison Evacuations, Parents With Children In Prison
Old 03-17-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.CLARK! View Post
so i have written my husband like 8 letters, a letter every day since he moved to garza west LAST MONDAY. and still no letter back. i am going insane waiting for a letter in return. i know he has money in his books, and they say they can write as soon as they get there? so what is the problem? anything else it could be? HELP

the mail is so slow there my mans been there a month and sme days and hes only got like 2 of my letters out of like close to twenty so just keep writting he might not of got yours
Old 03-19-2009, 02:14 PM

It took 3 weeks before I received any letters back after he was moved to Garza. When I finally got the letter he appologized and told me that he just barley made store. So give him time. I know how hard it is. Everyone kept telling me the same thing they tell you, not to write him till they write you back.... But when he finally does it's the best feeling ever!! Hang in there!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Mail is pretty slow there. We send about 3 letters a piece back and forth and were always at least a week behind.

Remember that at first he will be in processing for a while too. It took over 2 weeks for me to get a letter and then all of the sudden I got like 8 in one day. Be patient, those letters will come along soon I'm sure.

PLUS! My husband told me that they begin installing the phones on Monday March 23rd at Garza West.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:17 PM

yayyy i finally got my letter two days ago. took 2 weeks just like everyone said. i was so happy and relived when i got it : ) && even happier now because our marriage ceremony through proxy is this coming tuesday. i canttt wait for it to be final

thanks for all the support guys!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:52 AM

How long did it take to change on the offender website once they left county i want to know asap where they sent him so i want to know when ill know
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.clark! View Post
so i have written my husband like 8 letters, a letter every day since he moved to garza west last monday. And still no letter back. I am going insane waiting for a letter in return. I know he has money in his books, and they say they can write as soon as they get there? So what is the problem? Anything else it could be? Help

Old 05-24-2009, 08:55 AM

Can you write them before they send you their number or before you have a number will it get to him. Like if i send supplies from the store will he recieve them before he has a number or do theyh just not care
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead4 View Post
it took a long time for me to hear from my husband when he was moved from county to garza west - like 3 wks or more. Main reasons are no access to money at first, and not having any stationary, pencils, or stamps, and a lot of the guys will not share what they have. The new guy has nothing he could trade, but i hear they are not allowed to trade things, so... Just be patient, and know that you will eventually get your letters. You could write and say "i know you must not be able to write me yet, and i understand," instead of "why the heck haven't you written?!"
Old 05-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Donation Award 

Default Locator Site-Updating Of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYBUNNY29 View Post
How long did it take to change on the offender website once they left county i want to know asap where they sent him so i want to know when ill know
SHYBUNNY, it normally takes 24-48 hours Excluding Week-ends and Holidays, for the Locator site to update. Also once you have his number you can start writing him. Keep writing because they'll be so happy to receive your letters. My son thought he was lost in Texas and we didn't know where he was. So when he receives your letters it will sure make him feel better. You cannot write them or send writing supplies until you have his Number. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Inmate's Wife

Default Letters

My husband was just moved to Garza West on May 7th 2009 and they sent his money from County by check. They told him it takes three weeks to clear. Also they are only allowed to make store every two weeks, but he should be able to get indigent care until his check clears. However I have only received three letters from my husband since he has been there. My last letter was 6 days ago, and I write him every day. I have heard there is a lot of trouble with the mail in all prisons right now.

Also he will have to be there 30 to 60 days before they give him a visit.

I know how you feel, because I am going crazy waiting for letters also.

You can call Garza West at: 361-358-9890, maybe they can answer some of your questions.

Have a blessed day,

Glenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.CLARK! View Post

Old 05-31-2009, 09:24 AM

Think the slow mail may be to a staffing problem. I saw my son this weekend and he did not receive any of the cards and letter I sent during the week. For one card it had been seven days since it was mailed. He also has not received the books I ordered (vendor indicates they arrived on May 14th). I am going to call the mail room on Monday to check books and backup.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Inmates wife

Unhappy Problems with the mail? Garza East & West TX Prison

Has anyone had trouble with their mail getting to their loved one? I send a letter everyday to my husband. He has been in Garza West for 3 weeks now. I have only received two letters from him and he asks that I write him more often. I don't think he is getting all of my letters. Do you know if they pass out mail daily or hold it for a while before passing it out?

Last edited by karen; 06-08-2009 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: title
Old 06-05-2009, 04:45 PM

Stacy- my brother has been at garza west since the 15th of May 09', I waited two weeks i think before i got a letter, he had to borrow writting materials, thank God he knew someone there because it would had been longer if not. i have found out that the mail room has 72 hours to get it to the inmates. How well they are doing this, i really don't know. my brother sent me a letter on the 3rd and i recived it today (5th) I sent him a package yesturday (4th) and called mailroom today and they had already gotten it today. Of course i was told about the 72 hour thing. I hope this helps. I'm about 2.5 hours away from garza west, so mail usually gets there in a day, of course by no means does that mean that he gets in any sooner.
The Following User Says Thank You to strongheart For This Useful Post:
srmendiola (06-05-2009)
Old 06-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Donation Award 

Default Mail Distribuatation Policy

Strongheart is right, sometimes they are out of supplies and need to replensih them. For future references there is a Mail Distributation Policy. Hope this helps and here's the link:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...cy#post4327703

The Following User Says Thank You to GraysonMom For This Useful Post:
srmendiola (06-05-2009)
Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM

Exclamation

That's actually a really good question because I don't think my boyfriend is getting all of his lettrs either!!! I write him everyday too, and he had asked me a specific question, and I had written a two page letter in response to it and he wrote me again asking me how come I never answered his question!!! I really would like to know whats u p too!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Inmates wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyG86 View Post
That's actually a really good question because I don't think my boyfriend is getting all of his lettrs either!!! I write him everyday too, and he had asked me a specific question, and I had written a two page letter in response to it and he wrote me again asking me how come I never answered his question!!! I really would like to know whats u p too!!!
I hate to hear that you are having the same problem but I am glad to no that I am not the only one.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
waiting for that day...

yea mails been all messed up at garza east with my husband at least. i write him everyday and these past few weeks theyve just been holding all his mail all week long and then finally gives it to him on friday.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabrinarobles For This Useful Post:
srmendiola (06-09-2009)
Old 06-19-2009, 08:22 AM

Lightbulb Anyone have trouble sending copies of pictures?

I'm so pissed off! Yesterday I recieved a pink mail slip from Garza West because I mailed my brother some copies of pictures of him that he wanted and they refused them!!! I called the mail room and they said that they're not allowed to get duplicate photos!! What the hell I had already sent him some last year and she said it was a new rule that just came in effect!! Has anyone heard of this?? Gosh they get on my nerves so bad and piss me off with their stupid rules that they make up along the way!!!!

Holdin' it down for my Bro!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Donation Award 

Default Duplicate Pictures

I'm assuming you sent the duplicates at the same time. I sent pictures at Christmas and some were almost identical and we had no problems. I have not heard of this New Rule.

Here's a link with the Mail Systems Coordinator's Number (post #2). You can call them for verification of what the mail room sent you. Here's the link and please update us on what you find out. Others should be along soon and hope this helps.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...or#post3037148