Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics & Discussions relating to prison & jail visitation, phones, packages & mail.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:41 AM

Default So here's my idea...buy him a mural

This is at Stafford Creek.

I can buy a mural, like a poster, only a little bigger. Because it's a "mural" it comes in 5 pieces. I'm thinking I can use the paper for a letter. One piece a month or something. I'm laughing at the absurdity of it, but hey. All I can do is try! So here's the size:

55T X 82W / Mailed in 5 pieces from Amazon, ( 5 at 55T X 16W ). I write one letter a month and Boom. He gets to put it together on his wall.

I'm thinking some nice trees, forested, looking out a window.

My only reason for thinking it might fly is they do allow pictures. Anyway. I've got to set some cash aside, but when I try it I'll come back and tel you how it goes. I did get through a calendar with a spiral edge. After I mailed it I was the spiral edge is not allowed,

Anybody ever tried that or something similar?

Last edited by Lynnwood; 03-04-2018 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: Added that U got the calender through.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2018, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,655 Posts

I can't speak for Washington, but my Dad (in Oregon) got in trouble for taping up cards I sent him. I guess they have rules about not being able to "decorate" their cells, even though it seems to happen all the time anyway.

If Stafford has rules about not decorating their cells, then he might not be able to put it up. I'd check with him first, before I spent any money on anything. Or print out a picture off the internet and make it big, then print it in pieces. At least that way, if they won't let him put it up, it didn't cost you anything more than the toner and paper.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:44 PM

at purdy and mission creek all we were allowed to decorate was our bulletin boards. anything else could be an infraction when they did searches
The Following User Says Thank You to ksmoran For This Useful Post:
GingerM (11-06-2018)