Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2019, 10:31 AM

Thanked 1,620 Times in 679 Posts
Default VPASS Being Hacked?

Over the last couple of years I experience near impossiblity getting a VPASS appointment.

At first, I thought it was just a supply / demand problem with one facility. That was Salinas Valley. I now experience it with Pleasant Valley. Reading posts I see others might be experiencing it at some other prisons.

The problem. Facility opens VPASS for appointment. Be it Sunday, Monday, one week in advance, two weeks in advance, whatever. You log on a few minutes ahead. You wait. The second it opens you get an appointment. If you are as little as 15 seconds late, all appointments are gone. That is always the case for both visiting days (Saturday and Sunday). Gone within 15 seconds of opening no matter what.

Yet other facilities you can book 3 or 4 or 5 DAYS after opening and get an appointment no problem. So while this is sort of a facility specific problem, I wonder it is spreading.

A facility would certainly have 100 to 200 appointments available per weekend. Maybe people are just that aggressive and / or that coordinated with VPASS at these few facilities. I have my doubts, just think it is not possible for all those slots to go that fast unless the system has been hacked. I don't know for sure why someone would hack VPASS, I have my opinions why and none of them are good. I have become convinced something wrong is happening though.

Over the last year or so I have talked to a couple of visiting guards trying to explain what I believe is a problem in their VPASS system. Hoping they "might" take note and look into it. They just shrug their shoulders which tells me they do not understand what I am asking and / or they do not give a shit.

A problem that might be coming to a prison near you??

I am wondering how many others on our thread experience the same? SVSP and PVSP are problems. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links