Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 02:36 PM

Default mail and packages

This is only my second time visiting this site. I hope I am doing this right. Does anyone know or is there a pdf file somewhere listing what I can and cannot send to my husband in san quentin? Thank you oh he's in reception
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2005, 02:48 PM

I would check the Califonia forum and I think there is a San Quentin sub-forum. That might help you out a little more.

Old 04-07-2005, 04:10 PM

Hello and Welcome to PTO. My son was in SQ Reception for 5 months and only recently moved to Folsom. When I called the SQ Mail room directly, this is what I was told:

Envelopes: 100 maximum per package (I usually send pre-stamped envelopes I can buy at the Post Office)

Stamps: 100 per package (send books of stamps. They can be traded inside for items needed like toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)

Pens: 2 pens per package - blue or black, clear barrel (I sent BIC crystal). You will have to add an additional 12 cents in postage since the envelope with the pens exceeds the thickner limit (37 cents+12 cent = 49cents postage for 2 pens)

Writing Paper: 200 sheets per package. No wire, i.e. no spiral notebook paper. I bought the cheap college rule paper and left in wrapped.

No stickers.

While in Reception, they say that they cannot have any paperback books, but I have seen that some people are able to send SF Chronicle newspaper subscriptions. Some books also may get through. I never wanted to risk it. If you did try and send a paperback book (2 books per package), it would have to be sent directly from a book staore like Barnes and Noble.

Hope this helps. You can always call SQ and ask to speak with the mailroom (415-454-1460)

Good Luck, Charme

Charme

Closed Thread