Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:26 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts

Hi Samantha, Queen, Armada, and MissinAndWishin....

Welcome to the Long-Haul forum! Sorry your guys have such long sentences, but you will find that this place has a lot of info and support.

Queen, to set your signature, go to "Quick Links" drop down menu (upper right, below your name), then down to "Edit Signature." Once there, you'll have a box, much like the ones you type a post in, where you can put your signature, and then save it. Hope that helps!

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 02:42 PM
queendrury

thank you so much HESMYFOREVER.
The Following User Says Thank You to QUEENDRURY For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (11-10-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 02:43 PM
queendrury

really, it took me eight years to strut in here and im enjoying it more and more
Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 PM
*TIL THE END OF TIME*

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Armada* View Post
Im looking at a 50 yr sentence. On appeal. No priors. Bad justice. Working man of society gone. My soul mate, gone.

Stay strong Armada your not alone here. I have a lil experience with this journey of doing time with a loved one and I can say...it gets easier. Ive been down 6 years with my husband and I wouldnt have it any other way. I get by with knowing it couldve been worse...at least there is a release date. Good luck with the appeal Ill pray for you!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 AM

Staff Superstar Winner Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,578 Times in 1,813 Posts

I think it's time for me to introduce us here in long-term forum too. I would love to tell you long-term for us means just our relationship ;-) Unfortunately it also means time he has been and will be in prison. He has been in prison for 16 years and we still have 14-34 to go. My hubster (we are not married yet, but only because we didn't get all papers in order in time when I visited him). We are a MWI couple, have been together a little bit over a year and pen pals before that.

This year together has been the happiest time of our lives, and we know we have found our soulmates. We have both made big changes in our lives and are devoted to each other. I'm European, and even worse, Fennoscandian actually (yes, one of those communists ;-) ) and he is born and raised Texan with Mexican identity.

Nice to meet you all other long-haul ladies and gentlemen.

Que Fácil Es Amarte
Four years and I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Check out our

Weekly Postcard Swap 2015

Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts

Hi Sunflow....welcome to the long-haul forum. I've seen you posting in MWI as well. I'm sorry you weren't able to get married the last time you visited...but I hope that it works out the next time around!

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 PM

Staff Superstar Winner Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,578 Times in 1,813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesMyForever View Post
Hi Sunflow....welcome to the long-haul forum. I've seen you posting in MWI as well. I'm sorry you weren't able to get married the last time you visited...but I hope that it works out the next time around!
Thank you for welcoming me :-)
I believe everything happens for a reason, even sometimes the reason might be our hard head... LOL! But seriously, I feel there is better wedding coming to us. Anyway, married or not, we do love each other more than anything and that won't change just because our paperwork didn't go through last time.

Que Fácil Es Amarte
Four years and I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Check out our

Weekly Postcard Swap 2015

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflow For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (11-11-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

I feel the same. My husband is my FOREVER. All we have left at home is our 13 y/o daughter which misses her Daddy with all her heart. We have 13 years to go and I'm always praying for something, ANYTHING that will bring him home sooner. Hang in there... Thank God for PTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissinAndWishin View Post
"MY GUY"....Got 15 years (federal)...He is appealing certain areas of his case. With all hopes at least 4-5 years will be cut from it. IF the appeal works out! He has 1 1/2 yrs in and even with good behavior, we are looking at 12-13 years (give or take) ....I PRAY that they bring back federal parole & he wont have to be gone so long. my heart is so heavy sometimes, I feel like Im crying from the inside.:'( This man is my life! Ive got my children almost raised and pray & dream of the day he will be released and come home. He's my ForEver!

Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM

happy new year!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM

Hello,

I am Conager, and I only get on the computer during the tax season, so I have been away for the last 8 months. The forum for parents with children in prison has been closed....I really don't know if this is the right place for me or not. My daughter is serving 28 years for murder. That is just 2 years shy of a life term here in New Mexico. She will sign the court papers in the next week or so and then be sent to the women's prison in the next 30-60 days following.
So, any one else here have kids in prison long term???

Madness takes its toll...please have exact change
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conager View Post
Hello,

I am Conager, and I only get on the computer during the tax season, so I have been away for the last 8 months. The forum for parents with children in prison has been closed....I really don't know if this is the right place for me or not. My daughter is serving 28 years for murder. That is just 2 years shy of a life term here in New Mexico. She will sign the court papers in the next week or so and then be sent to the women's prison in the next 30-60 days following.
So, any one else here have kids in prison long term???
Hi Conager - The parent's forum has NOT been closed. The PWCIP lounge was closed last spring, I think, but the parent's forum is alive and well. There are many parents there whose kids are serving long sentences (including my son) and we would welcome you with open arms. A lot of us know how you are feeling and we can help you through the rough road ahead. Please come and visit us!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default just saying hi

Hello my "long haul" friends... It's been a bit since I've been on here. I just wanted to say hello and see how everyone is doing. I've been through hell and back this last few months, all I can do is get my bottom back up, brush off my knees and keep going forward.

I'm so disgusted with the BOP (what a shocker LOL), I just add them to my "Hater" list, they can hate and they can take him even further, but they cannot come between us.

Talk to me ladies, how is everyone? What is everyone doing to help pass their time?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 PM

Ok, first time I've been over here! My LO is has served 7 years of a 30 year sentence, comes up for parole in 2015. We have known each other for 30 years.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM
his wife

I've loved my husband since 1976. He is still in County waiting for trial. He's looking at 7 to 10 years. No way out of this one! He continues to repeat and I, wait again. Crazy or what? Wait?? Again?? If I knew he would be a changed man this time, there would be no question. A little too late?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:42 PM

Hello I am not new to the prison system but I am new to the long term relationships. my man is doing ten years more on an 18 year old term. It's going to be a long ten years but I know i can do this and support means alot. Thank you.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Donation Award 

Default Two LTSO Loved Ones...

Hello, fellow long-haulers...

Here I am, writing yet another introductory post in yet another PTO forum that applies to my situation. (Gah! There are so many that do!) Long story short:

1. I've actually already completed -- from beginning to end -- a long-term sentence with a loved one: almost 11 years in, my brother, federal.

2. I've recently started an MWI relationship with someone who is serving a long-term sentence: 20 years in, about 6.5 years to go, federal.

Two very different scenarios, but hopefully my experiences will enable me to give support as, at the same time, I reach out to get support.

Nice to meet you all!!

~ Maushel
The Following User Says Thank You to Maushel For This Useful Post:
Sunflow (05-15-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maushel
Hello, fellow long-haulers...

Here I am, writing yet another introductory post in yet another PTO forum that applies to my situation. (Gah! There are so many that do!) Long story short:

1. I've actually already completed -- from beginning to end -- a long-term sentence with a loved one: almost 11 years in, my brother, federal.

2. I've recently started an MWI relationship with someone who is serving a long-term sentence: 20 years in, about 6.5 years to go, federal.

Two very different scenarios, but hopefully my experiences will enable me to give support as, at the same time, I reach out to get support.

Nice to meet you all!!

~ Maushel
Welcome

*God Will Never Leave Me Nor Forsake Me*
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM

Hi I'm new to all this as well. My bf is on year 5 of 19. He is in LAC. I just mailed in the visiting form a couple days ago. I haven't seen him since '08 and then it was behind the glass visits so I'm really excited to get contact visits
Old 03-14-2015, 08:20 PM

Hi ladies
Well we just hit the under 5 year to go make as long as he keeps hus good time. Looking back it has not felt so long. Anyway i am actually here today to ask a favor from you guys. If any of your men have a lifers group in their prison and would not mind sharing by laws etc let me know. My hubby landed in a prison after transfer that doesnt have one and got permission o start one but has to submit paperwork etc. he knows there a bunch nationally just tapping in is proving hard. He has some great men with him so i figured i would go to the source and see if i could help. Thsnks in advance . Pm me if you want
Tink
Old 03-15-2015, 02:50 PM

Hello all...I'm with a man serving a life sentence. He's got nine years left before he's eligible for parole. I'm new to the prison system, and just trying to adjust to it all.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:27 PM

Hello i'm new to the this site my man has a life sentence elig. FOR PAROL In 40 YRS HE has been down 20 yrs i have did most of it with him but i am or was involved on his CASE because of a tragic accident that sentence us all to life in prison but with god a whole lot of prayer we have gotten back together and no one can tear us apart

Last edited by MRSBLACKMON; 07-16-2016 at 02:38 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to MRSBLACKMON For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-16-2016)
Old 10-23-2017, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady G*Star View Post
hey everyone i am the newcomer ...to PTO and the whole prison system...first i want to say thank u to Rob's Angel for suggesting that I come here to the Long Haulers...even tho i kno that I am not the only one...its just not to meet another in the same situation..my fiance is currently serving a 14yr sentence in HDSP...*tear* i luv him very much and I have decided to do this time with him...thanx for listening and hope to get to kno u guyz alot more..untill next time PEACE!!!!
mine has 102 years hes never getting out I will stay by his side im the only thing that keep him going