Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

View Poll Results: what do you do when your man talks about getting his time reduced?
I encourage him, there is a good chance he may get out early 114 41.91%
Wishful thinking, but I don't get my hopes up 136 50.00%
I have accepted his sentence and encourage him to do the same 22 8.09%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2018, 10:52 PM

Default Hello.

Bless your heart. That's a lot. My name is Stefanie. I have a husband who is in county jail and my love who is in state prison. So, I can imagine how you are feeling. I would love to connect with you....just to talk. It's always good to have someone to talk to who can maybe relate, a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linh5555 View Post
I did have hope, but now I just don't know. He feel like the good to e credited will come back in Michigan and he won't have to service all of the next 5 years he has. Also he is trying to get time served ( 3) he did in federal before getting sent to state. So time I just don't know if I can do the much time. I'm a widow of 3yrs and 9 months. We are coming back together after the passing of my husband. Right now I just don't know what to do???
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameChanger View Post
Bless your heart. That's a lot. My name is Stefanie. I have a husband who is in county jail and my love who is in state prison. So, I can imagine how you are feeling. I would love to connect with you....just to talk. It's always good to have someone to talk to who can maybe relate, a little.
Its also hard because we can't see one another. I'm in SC and his in MI. So I have not got to see him, we talk 2-3 times aweek and write. But just don't know if I can do it for the next 5 yaers. Its hard to be alone and trying to pay for everything when you don't make enfo to save to visit and he talk about it all the time.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:20 AM

Life is hard sometimes, and we have to work as hard to find a happy medium.
Do what you need to do for you. Sounds cliche, but I mean it. If you don't feel like you can do five years or you aren't willing, then it's OK. If it's meant for you and this man to be together when he comes out, it'll be.

You can keep writing him, if you chose, but take care of your heart - no commitments to him.

Question: Have you had space to grieve your husband's passing? Or did you link up with the man in prison soon after he died?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linh5555 View Post
Its also hard because we can't see one another. I'm in SC and his in MI. So I have not got to see him, we talk 2-3 times aweek and write. But just don't know if I can do it for the next 5 yaers. Its hard to be alone and trying to pay for everything when you don't make enfo to save to visit and he talk about it all the time.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameChanger View Post
Life is hard sometimes, and we have to work as hard to find a happy medium.
Do what you need to do for you. Sounds cliche, but I mean it. If you don't feel like you can do five years or you aren't willing, then it's OK. If it's meant for you and this man to be together when he comes out, it'll be.

You can keep writing him, if you chose, but take care of your heart - no commitments to him.

Question: Have you had space to grieve your husband's passing? Or did you link up with the man in prison soon after he died?
Hi, he didn't get in contact with me entill almost 3 years after my husband passed away. But I still grieve and miss my husband everyday. We was together for 19 years. I was with my now guy for almost 4 years before my husband. So we do have a pass together.
Sarianna (05-29-2018)