Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > Hepatitis C
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hepatitis C Living with it, inside prison and out in the world.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:25 AM
Donation Award 

Default Treatment Guidelines for CDCR -Harvoni is there!

I hope this helps some of us to understand why they do or don't treat Hep C. I was relieved to see in this newest standard that Harvoni is on the list, now if they could make it more available!

http://www.cphcs.ca.gov/docs/caregui...Care-Guide.pdf

**Feel free to ask questions --
1akad (12-05-2015), blondrollergirl (02-27-2017), fbopnomore (12-04-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2015, 11:52 PM

Thanked 1,717 Times in 908 Posts

And I thought I'd read it somewhere. And then I started getting a bit worried when I realized it's not first go to automatically. I found out where my husband is, there are a couple guys on it. So the good news is it's there, bad news... Makes me wonder if it's luck of what DR or location you have.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnarchyHeart For This Useful Post:
HisWife401 (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Donation Award 

I think its really about them following the guidelines... now when he gets to a point where treatment is needed at least the better ones are there to be used. But he has to meet the criteria. Sucks... why wait til they are sick?!
Old 01-10-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisWife401 View Post
I think its really about them following the guidelines... now when he gets to a point where treatment is needed at least the better ones are there to be used. But he has to meet the criteria. Sucks... why wait til they are sick?!
Some people never really get sick. And it does suck because the pharmaceutical companies are dominantly for profits. Not really to help everyone. So it's something I haven't asked a Dr out here yet, if they need to meet any type of levels. So if anyone knows. In there they do have to be between certain levels. Not to low. And not to high. Both make sense. Would love to know what levels they go by inside compared to out here. Knowing many people never hit the level of needing any care even after years I understand. How far do they push it tho is the question, even with guidelines.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:03 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart View Post
Some people never really get sick. And it does suck because the pharmaceutical companies are dominantly for profits. Not really to help everyone. So it's something I haven't asked a Dr out here yet, if they need to meet any type of levels. So if anyone knows. In there they do have to be between certain levels. Not to low. And not to high. Both make sense. Would love to know what levels they go by inside compared to out here. Knowing many people never hit the level of needing any care even after years I understand. How far do they push it tho is the question, even with guidelines.
Click on the link

And you are right, many never get sick. And also on the outside many insurance companies are treating people who are not sick as to stop the spread or whatever reasoning they have. Used to be you had to have actual liver damage. Seems inside they still have to. They won't ever draw a viral load on my husband because his liver enzymes are not elevated--
Old 01-11-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisWife401 View Post
Click on the link

And you are right, many never get sick. And also on the outside many insurance companies are treating people who are not sick as to stop the spread or whatever reasoning they have. Used to be you had to have actual liver damage. Seems inside they still have to. They won't ever draw a viral load on my husband because his liver enzymes are not elevated--
Somehow my husband may have gotten lucky with a Dr who cares? He was against getting anything checked and was mad when the Dr was sneaky about it. He wanted to wait til he got home. Currently he is going thru the blood draws and the Dr is wanting to use Harvoni and some guys there are also on it. Now we are waiting to find out more and see if the timeframes line up and the levels line up. It's hard because he tells me basics and the questions I have he doesn't ask, just goes with the flow. Men! Would be easier if I could go to the appt with him. Shit. If only.
Not sure how old your husband is, but many times it just stays the same for a long time. So not elevated is good at least. But you're right. Medical has gotten better, but the people who say they get better treatment for free are out of touch with the reality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnarchyHeart For This Useful Post:
blondrollergirl (02-27-2017), HisWife401 (08-11-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart View Post
Somehow my husband may have gotten lucky with a Dr who cares? He was against getting anything checked and was mad when the Dr was sneaky about it. He wanted to wait til he got home. Currently he is going thru the blood draws and the Dr is wanting to use Harvoni and some guys there are also on it. Now we are waiting to find out more and see if the timeframes line up and the levels line up. It's hard because he tells me basics and the questions I have he doesn't ask, just goes with the flow. Men! Would be easier if I could go to the appt with him. Shit. If only.
Not sure how old your husband is, but many times it just stays the same for a long time. So not elevated is good at least. But you're right. Medical has gotten better, but the people who say they get better treatment for free are out of touch with the reality.
I hope you have had some good news and maybe even some treatment done!