Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateswife View Post
WOW! That would be nice! I will call later on today. I am waiting for a call from the Counselor who is supposed to be assigned to my husband to find out what is going on with anything! Hopefully everyone will be able to visit before the end of the month! That would be GREAT!!!!
Yes, that would be GREAT. I'm impatient, and hoping for the weekend of the 15th or 22nd. Good luck on getting a call from a counselor!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 11:20 AM

The visiting information line has been updated today. THERE IS NO VISITING FOR THE WEEKEND OF 8/15 AND 8/16.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:11 PM

That is totally ridiclious! I mean, really! Lock all the prisons down because of ONE prisons actions? Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbyrd View Post
The visiting information line has been updated today. THERE IS NO VISITING FOR THE WEEKEND OF 8/15 AND 8/16.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:12 PM

I totally agree.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
Pirateswife (08-11-2009)
Old 08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote:
that sucks..

it's not state wide right, just most of the prison's down south?

Last edited by Brandy; 08-11-2009 at 05:54 PM..
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 AM

Default Visiting back on for this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post
that sucks..

it's not state wide right, just most of the prison's down south?

The visiting info line is updated this morning. They're off lockdown, and visiting is back on track. No changes as far as C yard goes for this weekend. Just C4 and C5 get contact visits so far. I just called visiting and someone actually answered the phone after 2 rings!!! She said their goal is to have C yard flipped before the end of the month, and possibly by next weekend, but she wouldn't say for sure because she didn't want to give me "false hope".

Last edited by Mbyrd; 08-12-2009 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: To add info
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
honda (08-12-2009), malstone (08-12-2009), Pirateswife (08-12-2009)
Old 08-12-2009, 01:18 PM

Once again the information has changed! Before it was the middle of the month, and now it is the end of the month, which is what I was told. They are supposed to be done wth C3. And are working on C2 this week. My husband is in C1 and his cellie (the 5th one so far) is going to committee today! So, explain that?

Hoepfully they will decide what they are doing, and let us know, so we can make up our minds on what we are doing!

Quote:
The visiting info line is updated this morning. They're off lockdown, and visiting is back on track. No changes as far as C yard goes for this weekend. Just C4 and C5 get contact visits so far. I just called visiting and someone actually answered the phone after 2 rings!!! She said their goal is to have C yard flipped before the end of the month, and possibly by next weekend, but she wouldn't say for sure because she didn't want to give me "false hope".
Old 08-12-2009, 02:31 PM

I'm beginning to think that no one down there knows a damn thing about what they're doing. This has gone so very far beyond ridiculous at this point. No wonder the state is broke and corrections is in chaos! This level of incompetence and just plain not giving a damn would never be tolerated in a private business. My kid has been there for just about 90 days now. He was classified before he got there. What a waste of time and money to do it all over again. I wonder if any of the COs read this stuff. I probably ought to take his picture off my avatar so they don't retaliate against him when I complain about them.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
~Miss ya much~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateswife View Post
Once again the information has changed! Before it was the middle of the month, and now it is the end of the month, which is what I was told. They are supposed to be done wth C3. And are working on C2 this week. My husband is in C1 and his cellie (the 5th one so far) is going to committee today! So, explain that?

Hoepfully they will decide what they are doing, and let us know, so we can make up our minds on what we are doing!
My honey is in C3 and he went to committe and I believe he is in his blues, but I was told maybe next weekend he should get CV. Since he been there they have transfer him from building to building... so hopefully they will flip c yard soon

~always yours~
The Following User Says Thank You to honda For This Useful Post:
Mbyrd (08-12-2009)
Old 08-14-2009, 03:12 PM

Visiting information line updated this afternoon. THERE ARE CONTACT VISITS FOR C3 AND C-GYM THIS WEEKEND!!!

Last edited by Mbyrd; 08-14-2009 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: UPDATED VISITING INFO CONTACT VISITS FOR C3 & C-GYM THIS WEEKEND
The Following User Says Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
Brandy (08-14-2009)
Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Visiting information line updated this afternoon. THERE ARE CONTACT VISITS FOR C3 AND C-GYM THIS WEEKEND!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Now what sucks is I can't go! GRRRRRRR!!!!!
Knew it would happen that way!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Now what sucks is I can't go! GRRRRRRR!!!!!
Knew it would happen that way!
Me too!! It's too late for me to get there this weekend, but I'll be there next weekend for sure. I called that visiting line this morning and it still said non-contact for C3 and C-gym. For some reason I called it again at 2pm and it was completely different.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Me too!! It's too late for me to get there this weekend, but I'll be there next weekend for sure. I called that visiting line this morning and it still said non-contact for C3 and C-gym. For some reason I called it again at 2pm and it was completely different.

Yea I called this morning too and heard no visit's, and then I came back on here before I left to pick up our son and seen you said "contact visit's for C3 and C gym" wooohoo! Then thought "ugh! to late to even be able to go". Yeah I guess I'll just leave after our son gets out of school next Friday, grab a room that night and a room Saturday night then come home Sunday after visit. I gotta rent a car too.. haha! Guess it's best that I dont go this weekend to much to still get together.. haha I figured it woud work that way though as soon as I cancelled the car reservation I seen they had visits. haha! but good thing is I think his mom will go tomorrow so that is good.

guess I'll see you next weekend, hopefully the drive WONT be to long from here. hahh!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Yea I called this morning too and heard no visit's, and then I came back on here before I left to pick up our son and seen you said "contact visit's for C3 and C gym" wooohoo! Then thought "ugh! to late to even be able to go". Yeah I guess I'll just leave after our son gets out of school next Friday, grab a room that night and a room Saturday night then come home Sunday after visit. I gotta rent a car too.. haha! Guess it's best that I dont go this weekend to much to still get together.. haha I figured it woud work that way though as soon as I cancelled the car reservation I seen they had visits. haha! but good thing is I think his mom will go tomorrow so that is good.

guess I'll see you next weekend, hopefully the drive WONT be to long from here. hahh!
I'll be there next weekend. I'm so bummed that they didn't update that yesterday so I could have gone. I'm going to leave on Friday as well, get a room and visit Saturday and Sunday as well. I think it's a 5 or 6 hour drive from Sac, about 375 miles according to Mapquest, which is gonna suck! Do you know anything about motels in that area?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll be there next weekend. I'm so bummed that they didn't update that yesterday so I could have gone. I'm going to leave on Friday as well, get a room and visit Saturday and Sunday as well. I think it's a 5 or 6 hour drive from Sac, about 375 miles according to Mapquest, which is gonna suck! Do you know anything about motels in that area?

I have a room set for next weekend at easy 8 there, it's 49.99 a night. I called a list of hotels/motels and found that one to be cheapest by far. And it's not far from the prison either.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I have a room set for next weekend at easy 8 there, it's 49.99 a night. I called a list of hotels/motels and found that one to be cheapest by far. And it's not far from the prison either.
That looks like the best one for the price. Think I'll reserve a room there as well. Thanks!!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
That looks like the best one for the price. Think I'll reserve a room there as well. Thanks!!
no problem. I figure as long as I can "sleep" and shower I'm good to go for a room.. I dont need mint on the pillow.. so that is right up my price range hahah.. plus it beats 149 at a few others I called..
Old 08-14-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
no problem. I figure as long as I can "sleep" and shower I'm good to go for a room.. I dont need mint on the pillow.. so that is right up my price range hahah.. plus it beats 149 at a few others I called..
I agree. It ain't a vacation. I made my reservation for Saturday and Sunday. $44/night through Travel Hero.com. See ya there! Now I'm excited and I need to figure out the dress requirements. I've read in other threads that they're pretty strict.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
I agree. It ain't a vacation. I made my reservation for Saturday and Sunday. $44/night through Travel Hero.com. See ya there! Now I'm excited and I need to figure out the dress requirements. I've read in other threads that they're pretty strict.

Great price.. will have to try that next time. hopefully the dress requirements aren't to bad, if there like Kern then I got plenty of clothes. hah! I just know nothing tight, nor low cut and you should be fine, I normally stick to either black jeans/capris/pants with a red/pink/purple/peach top. haha! I used to be "straight all black" until I seen what other's wear. Also no wire bra, that is a biggy. I bring half my closet with me (yeah i'm a freak) just in case I have to "change" for what ever reason I got more than enough clothes.

See ya there!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM

Default Question about visit in ADJ

Hello- I went to visit my brother at Norco yesterday to be told he was moved to LAC on Wed. I called this morning and spoke with a nice man who said he is in ADJ, A4. He said I can visit him behind glass but have to make an appointment. I don't understand why he was moved in the first place. He was in Delano for 3 months, saw a counselor moved to Norco a few weeks ago, I was going to have my 1st ever contact visit and now this. Anyway sorry to vent. How do I go about making an appointment for ADJ? I would appreciate any/all help.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm the luckiest girl!!

What's ADJ?

Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Banned

I'm guessing ADJ is Ad seg. Which can be called the hole too.

If that is it then you can call the main number and use these extension to get through to visiting. I'm not sure what day you need to call, I couldn't find that information on here but they'd be able to help you figure out how to make the appointment.

Visiting Department ~ 661.729.2000 ext 5886, 87, 89, 89 & 5401
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM

I think regular Ad Seg visits you can call on Fridays. Or is it Wednesdays? I can't remember. Any day they should be able to tell you, when you call.

Quote:
I'm guessing ADJ is Ad seg. Which can be called the hole too.

If that is it then you can call the main number and use these extension to get through to visiting. I'm not sure what day you need to call, I couldn't find that information on here but they'd be able to help you figure out how to make the appointment.

Visiting Department ~ 661.729.2000 ext 5886, 87, 89, 89 & 5401
The Following User Says Thank You to Pirateswife For This Useful Post:
Brandy (08-18-2009)
Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

It's Friday
Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM

Thanks ladies, I just called and was told to call back on Friday to make an appointment for visiting in Ad seg.
Closed Thread