Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:11 PM

Wow, ladies. Had my first and last visit this last weekend. I was extremely happy to see my son and we had a great visit! But, I can only say I'm glad I don't have to do it again. That place is a clusterf**k and I'm not someone who keeps my mouth shut!

I drove 375 miles one way to get there. They tried to terminate my visit early on Saturday, and had no idea what I was talking about when I told them they couldn't do that! I'm a natural born sh*t disturber, so I was ready to take it to the top. My kid got nervous about retaliation, and the fact that he only has 4 more weeks to go, and he asked me to just leave that one hour early, come back again in the morning and everything would be okay. So I did let it go, but I made sure they knew that I was agreeing to leave, and that they were NOT terminating me! The woman at the desk where they keep your license couldn't believe that the guards inside the visiting hall didn't know that rule.

It pissed me off that they have that whole outdoor patio area that can't be used for visiting because there's no barbed wire on the top of that 12 foot fence!! How ridiculous is that. They would rather terminate early than put one of those COs out there.

There's a visitors suggestion box at the entrance to the visiting hall. For you ladies that will be going back for awhile, I'd start stuffing that box with "suggestions" to let them know they need to make improvements.

For one thing, visiting is supposed to begin at 8:30am. How many people do you think actually get in to visit at 8:30? Probably no one since they don't even start processing people until 8:30. So, they're basically taking away at least an hour that they call "visitng time". Yesterday morning, they were mopping the floor in C yard visiting room at 9am. Why didn't they clean up after Saturday's visit??

For another thing, the patio area should be utilized so that fewer early terminations take place. Who do they think is gonna climb that fence, just to get to another fenced area that does have barbed wire on the top??

Shortyzwife - I'm pretty sure that was you, in the back row, one row over from us (we were in the short row closest to the windows, first table), with your very beautiful little girl! I was going to give you our photo ducats since we couldn't use them, but wasn't sure of the protocol of wandering around talking to anyone else, so we just handed them to the guy behind us.

So, that's my two cents on visiting! My next trip, four weeks from today will be to take my kid home!! YA-F'N-HOO!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 02:17 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

Mbyrd, I am so glad you finally had the opportunity to spend time with your son regardless of all the other problems you encountered. Yes, some of those co's lack the common sense God gave them but at least you were able to spend time with your wonderful son. I am sure he appreciated being with you as much as you appreciated being with him.......I am very happy for you.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirsttimer View Post
Mbyrd, I am so glad you finally had the opportunity to spend time with your son regardless of all the other problems you encountered. Yes, some of those co's lack the common sense God gave them but at least you were able to spend time with your wonderful son. I am sure he appreciated being with you as much as you appreciated being with him.......I am very happy for you.

Thank you. And yes, I'm happy for me too. It was really great to be able to spend some time with him and he was happy to see me too.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbyrd View Post
Wow, ladies. Had my first and last visit this last weekend. I was extremely happy to see my son and we had a great visit! But, I can only say I'm glad I don't have to do it again. That place is a clusterf**k

Congrats on ur GREAT VISIT and the fact you never have to return to LAC and there UGH moods & rules lol..

Shortyzwife - I'm pretty sure that was you, in the back row, one row over from us (we were in the short row closest to the windows, first table), with your very beautiful little girl! I was going to give you our photo ducats since we couldn't use them, but wasn't sure of the protocol of wandering around talking to anyone else, so we just handed them to the guy behind us.

Yes that was me and now that u mention were u where sitting i do remember seeing you and ur son talking with the people behind u or explaining something lol Thanx for the thought.. It sucks how you travel so far to see ur loved one and relax a lil but then u get called on for the smallest stuff.. Hopefully i'm out of there by nov. cause honestly i dont think i can handle another year with out improvements.. ive seen girls put suggestions but i honestly doubt they will make them happen it was so stuffy Sunday i even felt if i didnt get some fresh air i was going to pass out. It was nice n cool on ur way 2 the restroom but none of that inside the visiting room! i wonder if they had it off thinking more people would leave lol.. I agree with you 100% about the patio and from what they are telling the inmates it has never been opened and most likely never will i dont buy the whole excuse of the bob wire on top it's just none of the c.o.s want to be out side.. they terminate visit 10 min early.. it's fom 8:30-3 but i'm pretty much biting my tongue for i dont want for my visits 2 be affected Nov isnt that far Thank You Mbyrd for the compliment of my lil girl. She is cute but a handfull! lol

So, that's my two cents on visiting! My next trip, four weeks from today will be to take my kid home!! YA-F'N-HOO!!!
KICK ROCKS LAC

CONGRATS
dont b a stranger lol
Old 08-24-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyz Wife View Post
KICK ROCKS LAC

CONGRATS
dont b a stranger lol

Your little one seemed to be very well behaved. She was just as cute as she could be. It's probably a good thing I won't be around there cuz I'm not known for biting my tongue! Once he's out I want to get involved in some prison reform movement, so I won't be leaving this site. There needs to be some changes made and the politicians are not gonna do a damn thing!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Miss my KiNg

I have been reading alooooot on here on all the BS issues to report back to my SIL and for my own benefit for when I do get approved to see my BIL.............is there a IFC memeber here? With reading all of what MBYRD wrote and the issues in visiting can't we complain to her to report to the warden what the needs are? Being I will visit a few times a year with her and he does have awhile to do, I am one not to keep my mouth shut either and would like to visit outside.........so who is the IFC?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:50 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

I don't know who it is but there is a forum at LAC. They have the number in the visiting room when you are waiting to be called to go through the metal detectors. All the information (ie who to contact, meeting times, etc..) is on that paper on the bullentin board. I kow that didn't really help you but at least I was able to tell you something of that nature does exist there.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
I have been reading alooooot on here on all the BS issues to report back to my SIL and for my own benefit for when I do get approved to see my BIL.............is there a IFC memeber here? With reading all of what MBYRD wrote and the issues in visiting can't we complain to her to report to the warden what the needs are? Being I will visit a few times a year with her and he does have awhile to do, I am one not to keep my mouth shut either and would like to visit outside.........so who is the IFC?
While I will not be going back to visit because we're done in 27 DAYS (YAY), I surely hope that someone tries to better the visiting conditions there. I was shocked at the way certain things were handled, especially the way they tried to terminate my visit early when they clearly should have known better. Even the bus driver was telling people that they could not be terminated if they had come more than 250 miles. How could the staff in the visiting room pretend not to know that? My son's fear of retaliation was the ONLY reason I backed down on that issue. In fact, once he's released, I am going to be writing letters to the warden, the ombudsman, and to anyone else I can think of to voice my extreme dissatisfaction with the visiting at LAC. For now, I don't want to do anything that could harm or upset him in any way. I hope that others will speak up - if enough people complain, maybe some positive changes can be made.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:15 PM

They rarely retaliate for something like that! When it comes to visiting, ALL visitors and inmates are on the same page.

LAC has been horrible since 1999, when I started visiting there! NOTHING has changed, this is what I was referring to when everyone started talking about the yard being flipped back to SNY.

LAC does everything in their power to discourage visiting. They hate having to process the visitors and deal with them! It is NOT a family oriented prison facility. The Warden has never cared.

THE IFC will come into effect once people start making a stink about it! Since they closed the yard and went to reception, they cancelled the IFC. Someone needs to put suggestions into the box, and make phone calls to get it started up again!

Sorry you had such a horrible experience this weekend! Good thing you are leaving in 27 days! CONGRATS!

Quote:
While I will not be going back to visit because we're done in 27 DAYS (YAY), I surely hope that someone tries to better the visiting conditions there. I was shocked at the way certain things were handled, especially the way they tried to terminate my visit early when they clearly should have known better. Even the bus driver was telling people that they could not be terminated if they had come more than 250 miles. How could the staff in the visiting room pretend not to know that? My son's fear of retaliation was the ONLY reason I backed down on that issue. In fact, once he's released, I am going to be writing letters to the warden, the ombudsman, and to anyone else I can think of to voice my extreme dissatisfaction with the visiting at LAC. For now, I don't want to do anything that could harm or upset him in any way. I hope that others will speak up - if enough people complain, maybe some positive changes can be made.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateswife View Post
They rarely retaliate for something like that! When it comes to visiting, ALL visitors and inmates are on the same page.

LAC has been horrible since 1999, when I started visiting there! NOTHING has changed, this is what I was referring to when everyone started talking about the yard being flipped back to SNY.

LAC does everything in their power to discourage visiting. They hate having to process the visitors and deal with them! It is NOT a family oriented prison facility. The Warden has never cared.

THE IFC will come into effect once people start making a stink about it! Since they closed the yard and went to reception, they cancelled the IFC. Someone needs to put suggestions into the box, and make phone calls to get it started up again!

Sorry you had such a horrible experience this weekend! Good thing you are leaving in 27 days! CONGRATS!

It wasn't that horrible - it was more important for me to spend some time with my son than anything else and I would have put up with just about anything at all. But they surely did piss me off starting right away, and if we were gonna be there longer I'd be making a lot of noise. My son was quite concerned about retaliation, his entire focus right now is on getting out, and he knows very well that I have a big mouth and that I don't back down to anyone at all, especially when I'm right. His time is so short he thought we should just let it go, so I did. There are a lot of changes that need to be made, just from what I observed over the weekend. Visiting is stated to be from 8:30 to 3:00 as stated - they need to start processing people in earlier so that inmates are in the visiting rooms at 8:30. And on and on.... I felt badly for the people whose visits were being terminated when there was an entire patio out there not being used. I hope the LAC ladies start making some noise!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts

I would talk to Sgt. Gueverra in visiting and let him know your concerns, I did that on Saturday after they tried to terminate me and my husband and I drove 366 miles and hadn't visited in 30 days so I was suppose to get two days of visiting, well they tried, I stud my ground, was worried a bit for husband but he knows me I'll rattle a prison, did it to Kern Valley, am not scared to do it to LAC. If i'm right I'll rattle if I'm wrong I'll be quiet but I was right this time, and was not going to let anyone tell me different, so I did speak with Sgt. Gueverra and he said "dont worry, you wont get terminated, you drive to far and only come once a month so your fine" he also told me "they are suppose to check your license BEFORE they even start to terminate so you should of been fine, should of never got a warning of early termin b/c of over crowding" I did let him know that the dude in there told my husband and i that "lac does NOT folloow title 15" and he laughed and said "EVERYONE DOES" so yeah if you want to talk to someone feel free to call Sgt. Gueverra, he is the Visiting Sgt.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm the luckiest girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post
I would talk to Sgt. Gueverra in visiting and let him know your concerns, I did that on Saturday after they tried to terminate me and my husband and I drove 366 miles and hadn't visited in 30 days so I was suppose to get two days of visiting, well they tried, I stud my ground, was worried a bit for husband but he knows me I'll rattle a prison, did it to Kern Valley, am not scared to do it to LAC. If i'm right I'll rattle if I'm wrong I'll be quiet but I was right this time, and was not going to let anyone tell me different, so I did speak with Sgt. Gueverra and he said "dont worry, you wont get terminated, you drive to far and only come once a month so your fine" he also told me "they are suppose to check your license BEFORE they even start to terminate so you should of been fine, should of never got a warning of early termin b/c of over crowding" I did let him know that the dude in there told my husband and i that "lac does NOT folloow title 15" and he laughed and said "EVERYONE DOES" so yeah if you want to talk to someone feel free to call Sgt. Gueverra, he is the Visiting Sgt.
Thanks for the info. I actually just called him so here's the number and his extension if anyone needs it. 661)729-2000 ext. 5405

Old 08-25-2009, 03:54 PM

Yeah, I heard that they didn't process the way they are supposed on Sunday. Don't know about Saturday.

They used to (now, forgive me if this information is WAY out of date! It'e been a while since i've been there) they would allow you into the parking lot at 7:00 a.m., collect passes at 7:40ish-8. Allow you to talk up at 8:30 and you weren't in the room till around 8:45. Even though the processessing says 8:30, they won't start allowing you into visiting until 8:30. So, there is a lot of noise that needs to be made if people want this process to run a little smoother!

I would start making phone calls!!!

Quote:
It wasn't that horrible - it was more important for me to spend some time with my son than anything else and I would have put up with just about anything at all. But they surely did piss me off starting right away, and if we were gonna be there longer I'd be making a lot of noise. My son was quite concerned about retaliation, his entire focus right now is on getting out, and he knows very well that I have a big mouth and that I don't back down to anyone at all, especially when I'm right. His time is so short he thought we should just let it go, so I did. There are a lot of changes that need to be made, just from what I observed over the weekend. Visiting is stated to be from 8:30 to 3:00 as stated - they need to start processing people in earlier so that inmates are in the visiting rooms at 8:30. And on and on.... I felt badly for the people whose visits were being terminated when there was an entire patio out there not being used. I hope the LAC ladies start making some noise!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:14 AM

Question I am SO annoyed!! Visiting questions about Lancaster

So I want to visit my man in Lancaster, he was just transferred there. I heard that I do not have to wait for him to send me a visitor form, so I am trying to call the prison to make sure and I cannot get through!! I also, tried looking for the forms on the internet and I cannot find them. Can someone please help me out with this one... Do I have to wait for him to send the form, I wanna see him so bad!!!

Also, this prison stuff is new to me, so I was wondering, what is a good time to arrive at the prison to ensure I get a visit? The website is talkin about I have to make an appointment? what is that about?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 AM
California Dreaming

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 1,474 Times in 750 Posts

the inmate has to send you the form with his signature on it. you fill the form out and send it back to him. mail room will take it out and send it to processing and that could take up to 4 weeks or possibly longer.

Once you have been approved they will notify the inmate and he will let you know you have been approved

The Following User Says Thank You to HardHeadedWoman For This Useful Post:
trulydevoted1 (08-28-2009)
Old 08-28-2009, 10:56 AM

I was just told that it is faster if I filled it out and turned it in in person. My friend told me I should drive up to the jail today and fill out a form so that I will be able to visit faster...
Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM

I hope everyone has a great visit this weekend!!! Wish I were going.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Just a Heads Up for any one Visiting C yard Tomorrow. Just got a txt and SADLY The AC is still not working! HOPEFULLY!! they will have it fixed by tomorrow but i doubt it eaither way i wish every one a safe & great visit

Last edited by mhrndz82; 08-29-2009 at 10:42 PM..
Old 08-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyz Wife View Post
Just a Heads Up for any one Visiting C yard Tomorrow. Just got a txt and SADLY The AC is still not working! HOPEFULLY!! they will have it fixed by tomorrow but i doubt it eaither way i wish every one a safe & great visit
Now that sucks!!! hope they fix it fast, b/c this heat wave going on it is surely to be dangerous in there, hot and everyone in there too.. Hope everyone had a wonderful visit.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm the luckiest girl!!

Default New Visiting Application

So...I didn't know this. Yesterday my man's brothers showed up to visit him and even though they were both approved to visit at the last prison, they were denied and told that he had to send us all new applications for us to be able to see him. It's always something, right? Oh well...Now to wait, yet again.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malstone View Post
So...I didn't know this. Yesterday my man's brothers showed up to visit him and even though they were both approved to visit at the last prison, they were denied and told that he had to send us all new applications for us to be able to see him. It's always something, right? Oh well...Now to wait, yet again.

This is just wrong. When I was there last weekend for the first time, they just wanted me to fill in an updated visiting application, but my approval followed my son from his last prison and I was able to visit with no problem.If your approvals are less than 2 years old this should not have happened.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
That doesn't sound right, my MIL had to update and her's is way over two years old, her approval followed my husband through like 4 prison's so she just had to update, you will get denied if you didnt put everything down on the update as you did on the first one (so like if you left something out), then they will deny you, it happen to my MIL. She left off two names off and was told she could not visit again until she filled out a new form that my husband signs. Sucks!

Call visiting in the AM and ask them, just to be sure.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:

If he just transferred it takes a little while to catch up with him...they should be fine in a couple of weeks, but I would call up there and ask.... every facility does it different some it follows the inmate and some you have to do a whole NEW app. Why can't the CDCr just all be on the same page???

Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
When i found out my husband was able to get contact visits i called visiting to make sure my approval followed him from Delano and it did but then when i arrived to the prison they asked me to fill out another app. and i got in fine.. What i did find strange today was them asking for my daughter's B.C. when they never have since our first visit Hopefully it was all a missunderstanding and your family will be able to visit soon.. Visits are DRAMA right now so maybe it's for the best and once everything is in ORDER they will be cleared and not have to go through this MESS! Good Luck
Old 08-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Banned

I had to fill out an update when I was there and they checked out my son's bc, and told me to bring it each time with me no matter what. Now when I questioned them about why I had to updated b/c it was not the two year mark to update I was told that they updated there system to something new and that everyone who has never visited at LAC had to update so they can put it in there system.

I dont know but I agree visiting is crazy right now.. sucks!
Closed Thread