Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:03 PM

Default Help package given to wrong inmate

I ordered a package for my friend in December I was calling the vendor because he hasnít received it well we found out his package was given to another inmate instead of him..can you please help me with this issue..how do I go about this I called vendor and they said they couldnít help they just send out packages
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2018, 08:05 PM

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegee93 View Post
I ordered a package for my friend in December I was calling the vendor because he hasnít received it well we found out his package was given to another inmate instead of him..can you please help me with this issue..how do I go about this I called vendor and they said they couldnít help they just send out packages
He probably has to take care of this issue inside. He should contact the people who hand out the packages. Here in michigan it's the same people who do commissary. Did you just enter in the wrong info or how did this happen??
Old 03-23-2018, 08:08 PM

Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,179 Posts

I would mail the receipt and delivery conformation, so he can handle it himself via a grievance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (03-29-2018), Patrickj (03-28-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
He probably has to take care of this issue inside. He should contact the people who hand out the packages. Here in michigan it's the same people who do commissary. Did you just enter in the wrong info or how did this happen??
Hello to tell you the truth I donít know how this all happened but his information everything was correct I kept calling the package company to see why he hasnít received the package an If they had sent it back or what I was thinking it had got lost or stuck in the warehouse I had gave my friend a copy of the person who signed for the package an we learned a little after that His package was given to another inmate
Old 03-24-2018, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
I would mail the receipt and delivery conformation, so he can handle it himself via a grievance.
Okay thank you I mailed him proof of the delivery an the person signature who signed for the package an after doing so thatís when we learned that the package was given to another inmate by mistake Iím gonna print the receipt and send him the delivery confirmation again but he has filed for a grievance and the sergeant called the package place golden state and they told him they returned the money and the sergeant took their word.. I called golden state today an they pretty much told me they canít do anything to help me should I send in my statements for proof the money was never returned ?
Old 03-24-2018, 06:35 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,085 Times in 14,193 Posts

Im surprised they didnt resend the order.
Yes, I would send them COPIES of all receipts showing what happened.
And THEY need to prove they refunded you. Not the other way around.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Aegee93 (03-29-2018), choclgs (03-24-2018), His_Queen13 (03-24-2018), Ms Sunny (03-24-2018), tlk2me (03-30-2018), xolady (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 08:29 AM

Thanked 1,183 Times in 487 Posts

I assume you had to provide the prison, his name, and his CDCR number to the vendor when you ordered. Unless, for some strange reason, vendor got something wrong on the label WRT name and / or CDCR number, I am pretty sure the vendor is not liable and only responsible for getting the package to the prison. Which they did.

CDCR is responsible for then getting the package to the inmate. The sergeant calling the vendor sounds pointless. CDCR did not send it back to the vendor, they sent it to the wrong inmate. Your friend is likely going to have to take this up inside.

Proof of delivery and signature of receipt is not enough information. He needs a copy of the label or a copy of the order confirmation; something showing the delivery address that includes inmate NAME and CDCR number. The vendor should be able to give that to you. You give that to him and he can include all of that when he files his complaint.

I suspect if you cannot get, or do not have, that information you are both out of luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Aegee93 (03-29-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (03-29-2018), Patrickj (03-28-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 06:54 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,085 Times in 14,193 Posts

**Your friend is likely going to have to take this up inside.***

this.
What a mess, that I dont know if you can unravel from your end.
I hope you are able to get it sorted out.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Aegee93 (03-29-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (03-29-2018), Patrickj (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 05:42 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,010 Posts

The facilities where I was at always made the inmate present their I.D. and sign for the package Then go through it while I was standing there.
Like other have said you can try and contact R&R and inquire about this package . More then likely your love one will need to deal with this by contacting R&R . If this fail then he will need to 602 the property/ package room. If you have any information that may help him like shipping dates . Date of arrival at the facility. These dates need to be put on his 602 if he expects any results. I have never heard of another inmate getting a package with another inmates name and number on it. Now I know of families that would send a package to one inmate for another inmate to have still I.D. must match the person trying to obtain the package. We use to have to get a package slip that had to be attached to the package Or the package didn't come inside the facility. Things might have changed some over the years. Pretty sure picking up a package requires your I.D and you be present.
gvalliant (03-28-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 01:58 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
**Your friend is likely going to have to take this up inside.***

this.
What a mess, that I dont know if you can unravel from your end.
I hope you are able to get it sorted out.
Thank you I hope so as well I feel itís gonna take awhile
Old 03-29-2018, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
The facilities where I was at always made the inmate present their I.D. and sign for the package Then go through it while I was standing there.
Like other have said you can try and contact R&R and inquire about this package . More then likely your love one will need to deal with this by contacting R&R . If this fail then he will need to 602 the property/ package room. If you have any information that may help him like shipping dates . Date of arrival at the facility. These dates need to be put on his 602 if he expects any results. I have never heard of another inmate getting a package with another inmates name and number on it. Now I know of families that would send a package to one inmate for another inmate to have still I.D. must match the person trying to obtain the package. We use to have to get a package slip that had to be attached to the package Or the package didn't come inside the facility. Things might have changed some over the years. Pretty sure picking up a package requires your I.D and you be present.

Iím not to sure how packages are handled or given but my friend had told me that the other inmate should of declined it Iím not blaming the other inmate I think itís more of the persons fault who gave it to the wrong inmate..Iím gonna write him an let him know what you just told me thank you this is all just stressful...I keep telling him maybe the other guy needed it more then he did just trying to look at everything on the brighter side
Old 03-29-2018, 08:48 AM

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegee93 View Post
Iím not to sure how packages are handled or given but my friend had told me that the other inmate should of declined it Iím not blaming the other inmate I think itís more of the persons fault who gave it to the wrong inmate..Iím gonna write him an let him know what you just told me thank you this is all just stressful...I keep telling him maybe the other guy needed it more then he did just trying to look at everything on the brighter side
The problem with the inmate getting his package. Now your friend has a package written down for this quarter that he didn't get. Both the inmate and the staff giving out the package are at fault, but more so the staff for not verifying everything. All inmates do not look the same. Every ones number is different
sidewalker (04-18-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 09:38 AM

Thanked 1,183 Times in 487 Posts

As Patrick points out. It is about the number. The CDCR number. It all works on that. You had to provide a CDCR number to the company when you ordered. What number did you give them? That number is attached to his name just the same as Social Security Number is attached to our names on the outside. The package label and order will contain the CDCR number you provided as well as the Inmate Name associated with that CDCR number.

If an incorrect CDCR number (and therefore inmate name) is on the label and order there is nothing he can do. You have to try to sort that out with the company. Why would the order have that information incorrect? Either you gave the correct number or you did not. You would have to prove you did give them the right number and they subsequently screwed up.

If you gave his correct CDCR number than the mistake was the prison. And your friend will have to go through the process Patrick described including writing a 602. His effort to do that will only succeed if you send him a copy of the order or shipping label that shows the CDCR number and inmate name it was sent to. The company can give that to you and you send it to him. Without that evidence he will fail.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,195 Posts

I had this happen recently and I contacted R&R at the prison and they finally resolved it. They gave it to an inmate with the same last name and he should have declined but didnt. Since they are supposed to verify ids and singnatures, it was their mistake so they had to reorder the whole package and hand deliver it. Make sure you follow up with them. It took a little over 2 weeks and almost daily phone calls to get him his package. Good luck!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (03-29-2018), Patrickj (03-29-2018), sidewalker (04-18-2018), xolady (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 02:48 PM

PTO Moderator 

Alright you are saying you ordered this package from Golden State Care Packages I went to their web site . There are a few ways to contact this company along with a policy page. I will put the information here from their policy page hopefully this information will assist you

Package Weight:

Maximum allowable package weight is 30 pounds (480 ounces). This weight limit includes merchandise, packing material and packaging (tare weight). In order to assure that your order does not exceed this limitation the maximum number of Ounces you can order will be 450 this allows us to use 30 ounces for all packing materials. Orders that exceed this limitation will be adjusted and the difference if any will be refunded.

Order Deadline:

Orders paid with a personal check must be received ten business days prior to the end of the quarter. Orders that are not received within these requirements will not be shipped within the quarter. Please make other payment arrangements to have your order shipped within the deadlines.

Making Purchases:

1.Phone Orders

Call our Toll Free Number 1(866) 387-9030 and one of our friendly Customer Service Representatives will assist you. Our business hours are Monday Ė Friday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Pacific Standard Time

2. Mail Orders:

Orders can also be mailed to Golden State Care Packages, Inc. 212 E. Rowland St #424, Covina, Ca 91723. Please make your payment payable to Golden State Care Packages, Inc, and include the CDC# on the payment

3. Fax Orders:

You may also fax in your order to (844) 709-5337, please include your daytime phone number in the event that we need to contact you.

4. On-Line Orders:

Orders may be placed 24 hours a day 7 days a week by visiting us at www.GoldenStateCP.com. You must first select the Institution, shop, click we do the rest

Payment Methods:

1. Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express (4.95 Processing Fee), ATMís and Pre-paid Cards that bare the Visa or Master Card logos are accepted. Verification will be required for new customers.

2.Money orders must be drawn from a US bank and Inmates CDC# must be present on the money order. International Money Orders drawn from a foreign bank will not be accepted.

3.Personal Checks: All orders paid with a personal check will not be shipped until the check has cleared our bank.

Shipping and Handling:

Shipping and Handling charges are six dollars and ninety five cents ($6.95) for California and Arizona institution orders, all other states will be ten dollars ($10.00). If a package needs to be re-shipped due to a customer/recipient error a $13.90 re-shipping fee will be charged for California and Arizona facilities, and twenty dollar (20.00) for out of state facilities. An error by Golden State Care Packages, Inc. will not incur additional shipping charges to the customer. Any additional fees are required to be paid prior to re-shipping of the order. Shipping charges are not refundable.

Sales Tax:

All taxable items have been factored to include sales tax and it is the responsibility of Golden State Care Packages, Inc. to report and pay all sales tax to the State of California Board of Equalization.

Return Policy:

If an item is found to be defective upon receipt and is returned to us within 30 days, it shall be replaced at no charge. The original box, packing materials and all included accessories are required for all returns. We have provided R & R with prepaid return labels for damaged products. Engraved, used or damaged items cannot be returned for exchange or refund. Please note that hot sealing wax often voids the warranty offered by most manufacturers as it significantly inhibits their ability to repair it. Shipping charges are not refundable. Please have R & R officer sign packing list indicating defective / missing product and return the product along with the signed copy of the packing list to

Golden State Care Packages, Inc. 212 E. Rowland St., #424, Covina, Ca 91723
or ask the R & R officer to call and report the problem. Please return any damaged and defective item (unused), or, report missing item, with a signed statement from the issuing property officer stating that you have permission to receive the replacement item. Items ordered by the customer are their responsibility for compatibility to the institutions operating guide. (DOM). Please familiarize yourself with your institution policies. If an item is returned other than damaged or defective, the paying customer will be responsible for the return shipping fees which will be deducted from any refund. Shipping fees for replacement items will charged to the customer.

Refused/Returned Packages:

We are not responsible for refused or returned packages. If the package is returned because the recipient has lost their privilege or is unauthorized to receive the package and a refund is requested, it will be considered a cancellation and a ten percent (10%) fee will be charged

Order Cancellation:

If an order is cancelled any point of the time, a ten percent (10%) cancellation fee will be applied. (If the package has been returned, shipping fees will be deducted in addition to cancellation fee).

Returned Checks:

Their will be a $35.00 fee for all returned checks plus any additional collection costs.

Refunds:
Back orders are not permitted. Substitutions are not permitted unless indicated on the order form. We will make every effort to ship your package complete. In the event that an item is out of stock/not allowed a refund/credit code (NEVER EXPIRES to be used towards any future orders). will be issued to the purchaser. All refunds will be processed within 30 days after the order has been returned. Refunds will be issued to the payer thru original form of payment.

New Customer:
All new customers placing an order and paying with a credit/debit card or pre-paid card will be required to submit a copy of a valid form of identification such as ID/DL, Passport etcÖ to verify identity. You can email to csr@GoldenStateCP.com or you can also fax your order to (844) 709-5337.

We reserve the right to refuse service due to erroneous information provided by the customer or the inmate.

Golden State Care Packages reserves the right to substitute same products that may have been changed by the manufacturer in size, weight and or packaging. We are not responsible for products that may have been discontinued by the manufacturer. We reserve the right to make any necessary changes for information printed incorrectly. All prices are guaranteed for a minimum of 12 months. Offers are subject to change. All monthly specials are subject to All monthly specials are subject to change while supply lasts.

ďGolden State Care Packages, Inc. warrants to you, the endĖcustomer, that any products purchased through Golden State Care Packages shall be free from defect and workmanship after the date of purchase. The end-customer agrees by purchasing from Golden State Care Packages, Inc. he/she will be limited to his/her recovery in the amount of the product which was purchased. The end-user customer agrees to mediate any disputes or claims arising between them out of any purchase before reverting to court action. Mediation fees shall be divided equally. The end-customer agrees that any and all matters must be adjudicated in Los Angeles County State of California Jurisdiction. Upon purchase of any music, you are automatically approving Golden State Care Packages, Inc. as your music agent.

I also noticed that CDCR institutional staff can log on to their secure site
Names and numbers need to be verified before you can even think about getting any kind of action from the facility or the vendor.
sidewalker (04-18-2018)