Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:47 PM

Default County to reception: what happens to inmate's mail sent to county?

My LO was recently transferred from wayside to Wasco, just last Sunday. Iím wondering what happens with the mail and how does it work in reception? I havenít gotten a letter from him usually I get one by now. Iím not sure what wayside woud do with outgoing mail when someone is transferred. Also does mail I sent to wayside get returned to me? I havenít had anything returned so Iím not sure if they always do that or if it sometimes gets forwarded or could it get lost. It usually takes at least a week for mail from me to to get to him so Iím not sure whatís going on. He went to reception in Wasco on Monday. I donít know how quickly they are able to get envelopes and stamps. I sent something to him at reception today so Iím wondering if itís the same a week or two to get to him or if itís different now. I havenít gotten anything from him yet so I donít know if this is maybe the mail being funky with being transferred or if thereís something else going on. If anyone has any info Iíd appreciate it. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2018, 06:38 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,511 Times in 14,373 Posts

If Im understanding it right.....mail sent to county jails will be returned to you. (this takes forever)
Mail from say.....one prison (reception) will get sent to the new prison (mainline)but it will take a long while.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
xolady (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingforLight View Post
My LO was recently transferred from wayside to Wasco, just last Sunday. Iím wondering what happens with the mail and how does it work in reception? I havenít gotten a letter from him usually I get one by now. Iím not sure what wayside woud do with outgoing mail when someone is transferred. Also does mail I sent to wayside get returned to me? I havenít had anything returned so Iím not sure if they always do that or if it sometimes gets forwarded or could it get lost. It usually takes at least a week for mail from me to to get to him so Iím not sure whatís going on. He went to reception in Wasco on Monday. I donít know how quickly they are able to get envelopes and stamps. I sent something to him at reception today so Iím wondering if itís the same a week or two to get to him or if itís different now. I havenít gotten anything from him yet so I donít know if this is maybe the mail being funky with being transferred or if thereís something else going on. If anyone has any info Iíd appreciate it. Thank you
He can receive mail at a reception center as soon as he gets there. Make sure you have his current housing so that it gets to him quickest. You can call the mailroom to get that info as well as any limitations on what he can receive through the mail. I know at North Kern Prison Reception Center they can have 25 sheets of paper and 20 stamps per mailing. Wasco might be the same. WSP's number is (661) 758-8400.

I haven't heard if they're behind on mail there so figure on at least ten days before he gets back to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to 500_Trudy For This Useful Post:
momof234 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_Trudy View Post
He can receive mail at a reception center as soon as he gets there. Make sure you have his current housing so that it gets to him quickest. You can call the mailroom to get that info as well as any limitations on what he can receive through the mail. I know at North Kern Prison Reception Center they can have 25 sheets of paper and 20 stamps per mailing. Wasco might be the same. WSP's number is (661) 758-8400.

I haven't heard if they're behind on mail there so figure on at least ten days before he gets back to you.
Thank you for that's really helpful. I heard from him and got his housing details. I also called and they confirmed 100 sheets of paper 40 stamps and 40 envelopes per mailing. It seems thats a great thing to send when there's maili only