Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:52 PM

Default Does anyone know why Tablet Access is down at Sterling?

Does anyone know why at Sterling the tablets have been down for about a week now?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2018, 06:30 PM

It’s saying on the DOC website that the tablets are down and GTL are working to resolve the problem. Just wish they would say how long it will take ��
Old 06-21-2018, 04:24 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,472 Times in 3,994 Posts

The tablets are down across the whole state. No mention of when Gtl will get them fixed. Let’s hope there is some compensation for the games and music inmates have purchased and can’t use.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 08-04-2018, 11:06 PM

I just saw a news article that the tablets had been confiscated for security issues. They plan to give them back but not sure when that will be.

myhighplains.com/news/colorado-inmates-tablets-taken-away-for-security-reasons/1342162295

Last edited by T&E329; 08-04-2018 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: added news link
The Following User Says Thank You to T&E329 For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&E329 View Post
I just saw a news article that the tablets had been confiscated for security issues. They plan to give them back but not sure when that will be.

myhighplains.com/news/colorado-inmates-tablets-taken-away-for-security-reasons/1342162295
There is no plan to give the tablets back. Per DOC, they are looking for alternate vendors. This would be the third vendor!

Old 08-05-2018, 08:46 AM

I was under the impression they needed to upgrade the security on the tablets before they gave them back. I wasn’t aware they were looking for a new vendor contract.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 08-05-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I was under the impression they needed to upgrade the security on the tablets before they gave them back. I wasn’t aware they were looking for a new vendor contract.
That was originally the story until last week when they confiscated them all. If you contact GTL they will tell you there was a security breach within doc.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 03:45 PM

Lets hope they sort this out soon and inmates and us are compensated for the lost message credits music and games we have paid for.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/08/0...nmate-tablets/

Old 08-05-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Lets hope they sort this out soon and inmates and us are compensated for the lost message credits music and games we have paid for.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/08/0...nmate-tablets/
Not holding my breath. IF they locate another vendor dumb enough to deal with CDOC, it will be the third one.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-06-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 02:25 AM

My lo told me last night he had heard that some places had been given new tablets. Does anyone know anything about new tablets being handed out or is it prison gossip as I suspect?

Old 08-22-2018, 11:36 AM

Last edited by Bienchen; 08-22-2018 at 11:41 AM..
Old 08-22-2018, 11:39 AM

Not at Limon he heared nothing about it.....but I hope it’s true i miss it
Old 08-22-2018, 11:44 AM

I think it may just be a rumour ,so hoping the tablets are back soon.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:03 PM

hello Im new to on here and I was just wanting to know about the tablets so will they get them back for sure does anyone know. Also Im going nuts cause Im being judged and was told that this is the life I signed up for and Im to sit at home and have no life and well what seems to be no friends... Please help as I feel so very alone and do nothing but cry and Im about to lose it all I ever here at work as how stupid I am and how he will go in and out and never change Im so alone and need someone who understands ...
Old 09-03-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnp72 View Post
hello Im new to on here and I was just wanting to know about the tablets so will they get them back for sure does anyone know. Also Im going nuts cause Im being judged and was told that this is the life I signed up for and Im to sit at home and have no life and well what seems to be no friends... Please help as I feel so very alone and do nothing but cry and Im about to lose it all I ever here at work as how stupid I am and how he will go in and out and never change Im so alone and need someone who understands ...
Sounds like you are going through a tough time. This is a tough life. How you deal with it is on you. By the way, i have been doing this a very long time and have a lot of friends and also lead a very busy life. Not sure who is telling you to sit at home with no life.

As for the tablets, the offenders are not getting them back.

Last edited by nancyginnm; 09-03-2018 at 08:47 PM..
Old 09-03-2018, 08:45 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,908 Times in 15,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnp72 View Post
Who in the world said that to you?? They are out of their ever-love'n mind! Sitting home alone and bored is the worst thing you can do for yourself & to yourself. Get a hobby, go for a walk, go to lunch with friends/family, work, go back to school....keep busy! I've recently joined a gymn....$10 a month to go 24/7, $23 a month w/all the perks.

I can't answer about the tablets, but I can welcome you to PTO and encourage you to take care of yourself....you're important in all this too

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

OK I really don't think the tablets are coming back.

I received a $2 check from Telmate, which turns out to be the parent company of GTL.

I went into my ConnectNetwork account, and the section that says "messages" has been closed.

I had 8 message credits on my account, which amounts to $2.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:52 PM

Did they leave the messages? Or take them down. It is still up for me. I haven't received a refund, yet.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canttouchthis View Post
Did they leave the messages? Or take them down. It is still up for me. I haven't received a refund, yet.
Are you checking computer or the app? It's down on the computer for me.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:51 PM

Computer. Messaging is disabled but I can access the old messages. I am trying to make sure I have a copy of all of them.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canttouchthis View Post
Computer. Messaging is disabled but I can access the old messages. I am trying to make sure I have a copy of all of them.
Weird, I can't even access my old messages. Will try on the app.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:29 PM

Smile thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Sounds like you are going through a tough time. This is a tough life. How you deal with it is on you. By the way, i have been doing this a very long time and have a lot of friends and also lead a very busy life. Not sure who is telling you to sit at home with no life.

As for the tablets, the offenders are not getting them back.
Thank you Nancy I work full-time and Im a mother to 3 boys 22, and 18 and my youngest is going to be 16. My Husband got 6yrs and was on parole when he caught a new charge he had just gotten out in 2016 from a 12yr sentence. So this time he has no choice but to get his crap together I see this state just locke's people up instead of getting them help. Its very hard at times loving an addict he has put me through alot but I love him and stand by his side but this is it the last time as Im 46 and its alot to deal with and all I ever hear is you choose it well no one knows what they would do until they are walking in your shoes and just cause they got locked up doesn't make them bad people they just need help. I have no real friends as they have walked away and shown there true colors thats why Im on here for people who are in the same boat and that I can talk to. thank you for the warm welcome as well ..
Old 09-04-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Who in the world said that to you?? They are out of their ever-love'n mind! Sitting home alone and bored is the worst thing you can do for yourself & to yourself. Get a hobby, go for a walk, go to lunch with friends/family, work, go back to school....keep busy! I've recently joined a gymn....$10 a month to go 24/7, $23 a month w/all the perks.

I can't answer about the tablets, but I can welcome you to PTO and encourage you to take care of yourself....you're important in all this too
Thank you for the reply the person who said that I thought was my friend but as I have learned I don't really have any here and it makes me very sad the people I thought were there for me walked way when I needed them. I work full-time and have 3 boys. I try to get out as much as I can on my days off I go visit my Husband once a week. I'm not from here so don't really know to many people and I thought that the people I worked with were more friends then just coworkers but I see I was very wrong with that. Thats why Im on here in hopes of meeting some great people who full understand what I'm dealing with thank you for they reply again .
Old 09-07-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
Weird, I can't even access my old messages. Will try on the app.
My old messages are still on the app but they have all gone on the computer.My loved one said he has been given a refund for the message credits he had on his account. Not sure about the music and games he purchased and then could not access.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
My old messages are still on the app but they have all gone on the computer.My loved one said he has been given a refund for the message credits he had on his account. Not sure about the music and games he purchased and then could not access.
Thank you I love both of those sayings and i'm going to keep saying that to myself everything I feel I'm being judged ..