Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:36 PM

Default USP Atwater, how do I set up my phone?

Please help, I just answered my phone it came up texas. It said I had a collect call from an inmate but my phone wouldn't let me accept the call!!!! I'm freaking out, I heard of pigeonly....how does this work? Does anyone have any info so I can set it up where when he calls me it goes through. Will this happen if he just purchases a calling card....im sending him a letter so he knows what's going on...but I'm so sad right now
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 09:07 PM

Default USP Atwater, how do I set up my phone?

Hi everyone
I have a question about cell phone collect calls from USP Atwater. My boyfriend MWI 6 months ago has not has use of a phone. In his last letter which by the way I received December 18th (that's a whole other issue) he stated he had lost privilege's but would get it back in feb. Anyway out of the blue tonight a 972-573-1963 number shows up and I have no idea who this is....when I answer it says you have a collect call from an inmate...immediately my heart races I have been dreaming of talking to him for months... it would not let me. My phone provider allows calls apparently the prison has it set up where you have to pre pay? Anyway it said I didn't have enough funds and quickly hung up...ughhh. I have been waiting for a letter for over three weeks. About an hour later I get the same number, same message. When I looked it up on the website and made my account it says that when a number comes through like that they are trying to verify the number on his call list? I am in the process in a few days of adding money to this prepaid account (which I hear is outrageous expensive) My question is can my inmate buy a prepaid card through his commissary which will allow him to call me without having to pre-pay? Or do I have to pre-pay? I am going to put money on here so at least we can talk and make a game plan but I hope I can soon so if he calls me I can answer his call. Im sorry to ask what probably seem like easy questions but I am new to being with an inmate...and I have fallen in love with this man. I am taking it slow, we have a few years to get to know each other more but I want to hear his voice so bad....any help, any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone
Old 01-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 4,619 Times in 2,437 Posts

Here's a link to the Atwater rules from the BOP website. Do a search for "phone" and all kinds of info comes up. They use Trulinks.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingfor2021 View Post
Please help, I just answered my phone it came up texas. It said I had a collect call from an inmate but my phone wouldn't let me accept the call!!!! I'm freaking out, I heard of pigeonly....how does this work? Does anyone have any info so I can set it up where when he calls me it goes through. Will this happen if he just purchases a calling card....im sending him a letter so he knows what's going on...but I'm so sad right now
i have pigeonly it's $20.00 a month you have to call them to setup and account with them they will give you a local number where he at you give him that local number when he call you all he will put on his phone account a $ 1.00 to call you i hope this helps by the way i had pigeonly for a year now
Old 01-06-2017, 05:51 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,445 Times in 9,950 Posts

Ask your phone service provider what you need to do to be allowed to accept collect calls.

If he has gotten his phone privileges reinstated early, and the call was made from a bop inmate telephone (not from an illegal cell phone) he can prepay for calls by transferring money from his inmate commissary account to his phone account, $1.00 on up, to purchase prepaid phone minutes. All he needs is money in his account, access to an ITS phone, and his 9 digit telephone pin number.

Your telephone provider, not the bop, determines is you are able to accept collect calls, or not.

Last edited by patchouli; 01-06-2017 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Merged threads, then merged 2 consecutive posts rather than removing one
Old 01-07-2017, 06:55 PM

Thanks everyone, I spoke to his friend who was the one trying to call me. He let me know that my inmate is ok, not to worry mail was lagging. He gets his phone back Feb 21st and we are both over the moon. I was worried hadn't heard anything in a month...honestly I emailed atwater telling them I was worried asking if someone from prison could let me know...well they pulled him aside and relayed my message which is why his friend called me. I told him to stay out of trouble so he gets his phone back�� I'm very relieved and can rest easy knowing he's ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waitingfor2021 For This Useful Post:
alwaysmylove (01-25-2017), fbopnomore (01-08-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 10:08 PM

My Bf is in CA, Im in MN and we use google voice.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,567 Times in 1,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie110 View Post
My Bf is in CA, Im in MN and we use google voice.
Google voice is a call forwarding service and is not allowed at any facility. When it is discovered, it could cause a loss of phone privileges

Old 04-25-2017, 02:26 PM

Default Atwater

Anyone know if Atwater USP is on lockdown?