Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2019, 11:28 AM

Default What can I do for him as his older brother now to help him?

Greetings everyone, before I begin I would like to say that I am really grateful to have found such a forum during this difficult time.

My brother has been sentenced to 3 years and I am very concerned and worried and all of the emotions anyone may have. Adding, to my worries he is very young, and at such an impressionable age I hope and pray he snaps out of this tough guy mentality rather than embracing it and from his calls and letters he appears to want to change.

I wont front, I wasn't around for years and could have definitely been a better role model. I wont get too deep into that at least not in this post but my psychology has been totally wrecked with this whole incident. At this point I want to be the best brother I can be for him.

Any suggestions,? He is currently in county awaiting transfer. Ive read about Jackson and am honestly worried, anything I can tell him to help keep him safe and out of trouble?

He wants to get his diploma, and take classes is there anyway I could talk with his counselor during diagnostics to help get him to a facility that will give him an opportunity to work on himself? He was convicted of a violent crime.

What can I do for him as his older brother now to help him? I am worried sick, is the violence really as bad in the Ga system as people say??

Thanks everyone, please keep hope and love in your hearts.

"A society should be judged not by how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its prisoners". -Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MT123 For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (10-02-2019), miamac (10-11-2019), patchouli (10-01-2019)
Sponsored Links