Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2020, 01:51 PM

Default Looking for info on parole / ankle monitoring for a sex offender

In California

When my brother is released from prison on a sex offender case, is he required to wear an ankle monitor for life?

My brothers conviction was for intent of child molestation, not the actual act. Hes served 4 years, of a 6 year sentence. He is being released in July. His parole officer just told my mom that he will have to wear an ankle monitor, perhaps for life. Wed been told after his conviction that he wouldnt have to wear a monitor at all, just be on parole for up to 12 months. Is there a way to confirm this? Where do we look for more details? His prior lawyer is horrendous, and wasnt even able to get new evidence refuting the allegations admitted into court, so hes no help. This is the first allegation of a sexual nature against my brother. Hes abided by all rules, and worked hard at rehabilitation programs to shorten his sentence, and be as equipped as possible when he gets out. Hes not considered a high risk repeater, as the unjustified allegation was from his young daughter, through a sexually active foster child in the same home at the time.
Sponsored Links