Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:57 AM

Default He hasn't seen a counselor!

Hello everyone...my daughter's BF is in CIM at Chino, he violated his parole (well he really did'nt but that's a different story) he was picked up and taken to CIM on 2/4/07. He will be there until 4/19/07. He saw his lawyer and his PO just like he was suppose to but...by the time he gets out my daughter will be back up here in Northern Calif. And he will not have a place to stay down there. He is from Orange County. We want him to be released up here in Yolo County and he can then stay with us. I was told he needs to request the paperwork for that from his counselor, but he called last night and he has not seen a counselor yet. I have contacted the Prison Ombudsman but they just tell me the same thing that he needs to get the paperwork from his counselor. What do we do? Should a contact a lawyer? 46 days and he doesnt have a counselor! I feel like he is falling through the cracks and we don't know what to do. Please any advice would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2007, 10:34 AM

All he needs to do is send a 'Request for Interview' to the Counselor, stating what he needs to be done. He has a counselor, you just do not know who it is. By putting the Request for Interview form in the mail, the counselor can get the appropriate paperwork together and then see then inmate to complete what needs to be done.

As a parole violator, he is required to parole to the same parole unit where he recieved the violation. What you are asking for may not be possible to do.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Thank ypu JLS but he has put in a request for an interview, right after he was sentenced, and nothing happened, no acknowlegment, no interview, no response what so ever. Also, if he can only be released into the county he violated in then he will have no place to live, he has no family there, his girlfriend can't stay there and will be up here so he would be homeless, he won't have a job either. This is what my husband and I would help him with, we would provide a home and help in finding work. If he can't be released here what can we do? This young man needs help or he will end up back in prison again.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:13 PM
his one and only wife

JLS is right about everything... Let me share my experience... When my husband was in Chino on a 5 month violation last year he never saw a counselor he was too short on time... He paroled directly from Chino... It wasn't that he didn't have a counselor... I talked to his counselor several times, the counselor just really had no reason to see him... If he is that short there is not enouhg time for him to transfer parole units. He will have to parole and then request a transfer from his unit...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Contact his former parole agent to discuss transferring his parole. He will probably have to stop by his the Orange County parole office before they will let him go to Yolo County, but he can get the paperwork started.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:32 PM

Thank you everyone.... I guess we will contact his PO and he will contact her also while he's still in Chino. And I guess he'll just have to make due when he first gets out. Maybe he could stay in a homeless shelter until he gets a job or is transferred to our county. Thanks again