Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:32 AM

Red face Smci 3 - info?

Hi my boyfriend was just moved to SMCI 3 a couple of days ago and I was just wanting to know if anyone knew anything about this area. I see posts on the other two areas but none on this one. I haven't heard from him yet but I called down there and got all info to write him and sent a letter off Wed. morning. I am from northern MS and also wanted to know about how long it takes mail to get there from here. I'm about 5 hrs north. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

I don't have any info on Area 3 and I am not sure any current active members have loved ones over there, but hope someone pops in to assist you. There are some threads here on Area 3 so look through.

As for mail, I was out of state and he usually got my mail about 3 days to 4 days later. It depends not only on the PO but on how busy, how much mail comes in to the mail room on a given day. They need to open, and scan every piece of mail coming in to inmates. The mail room is closed on Sat, Sun and Holidays so keep that in mind also.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Hey thank you but I did find some info that says area 3 was opened for those that were A custody and pretty much they get to work around base. I finally got a letter yest and he sent it out Tues so that was quick. He said its not too bad and he sounded good spirited which made me feel better. Hopefully he will get to call this weekend. It seems that area 3 only has A custody that may have gotten in trouble in a work center which is why he was sent there and after 3-6 months hopefully if they stay RVR free will be sent to another work center. We hope closer to home in our case. Thank you so much for the info you have given I thought I was going to lose it for a brief moment but I will keep you posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmb3pp For This Useful Post:
Mrs.Glamma (08-29-2009)
Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 PM

Hey First post but been browsing for awhile, thanks to this site and all the helpful info i've found along the way here My husband is in A zone in Area 3, in the A&D program. He is in A custody as well. Mail takes 3-4 days to reach him but I get his letters usually within 2 days. They can call from 7am-10pm Sunday thru Thursday and 7am-11pm Friday and Saturday. That is if the phones are working... sometimes they aren't. He's been there since July 27th. He says it is ok..alot better than the county or CMCF. You will be able to visit soon, if he has stamp/envelope to mail you the visitation papers. Once you sign and send back to SMCI and you are approved you can visit on the first and third saturday and second and fourth sunday of each month. You can message me if you have any questions, take care and god bless

The Following User Says Thank You to lady.luck For This Useful Post:
Mrs.Glamma (08-29-2009)
Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

mmb3pp, glad you heard from him and that your mind is a bit more at ease. It is the unknown that will get us every time. Keep us posted on how it's going for you. Ff you have any further questions or if your or Lady.Luck have any information please post on the open forum not in PMs, unless it contains personal info, so those coming behind us will have more information.

Lady.Luck, thanks for popping in to help!

Old 08-30-2009, 08:03 AM

Thanks ladies! Lady luck my boyfriend is in D zone. Still haven't heard anything else but I'm sure I will this week. He wrote in his letter that he fills out canteen on Sundays so hopefully he will have more stamps and envelopes. I will post any new info I get.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb3pp View Post
Thanks ladies! Lady luck my boyfriend is in D zone. Still haven't heard anything else but I'm sure I will this week. He wrote in his letter that he fills out canteen on Sundays so hopefully he will have more stamps and envelopes. I will post any new info I get.
Keep in mind that different zones have different visit schedules so yours will not be the same as lady.luck.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:52 AM

Oh yea I'm aware of that just from dealing with other facilities but I called down there and spoke to visitation and they let me know when he has visitation. Thanks for the reminder though.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:23 PM

Hi there, sorry i'm delayed, busy busy days Your both very welcome, ty for all your posts ms.glamma they helped me alot along the way before and since my hunny went to smci. They do canteen on Sunday and get the order on wednesday, for instance if he did this last sunday he will get next wednesday, not today. Hopefully you hear from him again soon, good luck and take care

Old 12-02-2009, 11:00 PM

Im gonna make my first visit to SMCI on the 27th to see my hunnie for the holidays. Coming all the way from Texas. Anyone have any info on Area 3 Czone?? Is it going to be extremely packed due to the holidays and should I show up much earlier? Is there anything I should know other than empty my truck, dress with hardly any skin showing, and kill em with kindness?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:10 PM
loving God

Yes come early, clean car/ truck..... No camera at all, it ok on phone, but no camera.... U will b search so nothing in pockets, bra, etc.. Id and keys and change is all u can bring, no c through clothes at all..... Just b nice... Remember with loving kindness u will draw thee.... Have a awesome trip...
Old 12-04-2009, 12:20 AM

thanks so much hun, i cant waaait!!! first visit since we got married. im countin down the days, and just prayin that nothing goes wrong at the gate....are they extremely strict as far as holding hands or sittin too close? can he sneak in a kiss during the visit or is it strictly upon arrival and leaving?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:35 PM
loving God

they not as strick .... u can hold hand, quick kisses try not to make them long....it been cool for me. my husband is in smci 2 but im quite sure vist same....
The Following User Says Thank You to highlyfavor For This Useful Post:
BS2009 (12-06-2009)
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS2009 View Post
Im gonna make my first visit to SMCI on the 27th to see my hunnie for the holidays. Coming all the way from Texas. Anyone have any info on Area 3 Czone?? Is it going to be extremely packed due to the holidays and should I show up much earlier? Is there anything I should know other than empty my truck, dress with hardly any skin showing, and kill em with kindness?
Spoke to visitation, Officer Miller was her name and she stayed on the phone with me for about 10minutes just chit chattin and being very nice and helpful. Turns out visitation for Area 3 Czone is the 1st and 3rd Saturday and the 2nd and 4th Sunday. Which means Ill be there bright and early on the 26th. One less day to have to wait

Last edited by patchouli; 07-17-2019 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Changed user name inside quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:25 PM
loving God

congrats my vist start back in jan,,,, so im excited, so i no u is..........
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 PM

Just an update: My visit at SMCI was so very good. Took 8 and a half hours to get there but well worth it. I was nervous since I was goin there for the first time, but it all went smoothly. Few seconds for my truck to get searched, guards let me know which way to go. When I got searched just had to take my shoes off, shake out my bra, and empty my pockets. For the first hour or so we were the only ones in the cafateria and the guard was in and out so we got to sneak in some much needed kisses, and they didnt give us a hard time at all about being close and cuddley. As long as our asses stayed planted on the bench side by side then it was all good. I was treated kindly by all the guards I had spoken to, and all in all the visit was very good. Pretty emotional when it came time to leave but thats to be expected. But our visit was the best Christmas present for both of us....anyways, im just sayin...So Happy New Years Everyone!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BS2009 For This Useful Post:
Mrs.Glamma (01-01-2010)
Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 PM
loving God

thats so sweet, im so happy for u
The Following User Says Thank You to highlyfavor For This Useful Post:
BS2009 (12-31-2009)