Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-31-2009, 03:55 PM
LoveMyJ's's Avatar
LoveMyJ's LoveMyJ's is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: California, USA
Posts: 303
Thanks: 88
Thanked 93 Times in 80 Posts
Default Quarterly Package Issues/Questions @ PVSP - post here

I hope I'm doing this right. This is the first thread I have started. I was wondering if any of you have ever had to deal with a quarterly package being sent back to the vendor because your loved one was not able to receive it? In early July we ordered a package and before he received it his yard went on lockdown. Now he is in ad/seg and they told him 3 weeks ago that they were sending it back. He had to sign papers and everything. Well, I called the vendor and they say it hasn't been returned yet. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long this usually takes. There's like $250 worth of stuff that we sent him. So that money could really come in handy. Any info you can give me is very much appreciated. Thanks!!
__________________











Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I*Heart*Harry's Avatar
I*Heart*Harry I*Heart*Harry is offline
Wishin on a star..
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: its her problem now
Posts: 174
Thanks: 67
Thanked 79 Times in 47 Posts
Default

hey everyone, I cant get through - keep getting the busy signal. Does anyone know the answers to these questions?
How many packages can they have each quarter? if someone else sent him a package, can I still? Is the vitamin outlet on their approved vendor list and if so is it considered a quarterly or special package? how do you find out their privilege class? and this isnt about packages but does anyone know if their is a library there? thanks!!!
  #3  
Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Hey chica....let me see if I can help with your questions.

They are allowed one package a quarter. If someone else sent him a package during the quarter...you cannot send one. You will have to wait until the next quarter. Vitamin outlet is an approved vendor and I think if you send him something from them, it is considered a quarterly package...not a special order...BUT I am not sure about that one.

Im not sure how you can find out his previlage class without asking him or by calling the records dept...they might be able to tell you.

Yes..they have a law library...but from what I hear its difficult to get into...but they do have one.





Quote:
Originally Posted by I*Heart*Harry View Post
hey everyone, I cant get through - keep getting the busy signal. Does anyone know the answers to these questions?
How many packages can they have each quarter? if someone else sent him a package, can I still? Is the vitamin outlet on their approved vendor list and if so is it considered a quarterly or special package? how do you find out their privilege class? and this isnt about packages but does anyone know if their is a library there? thanks!!!
  #4  
Old 12-11-2009, 05:15 PM
jaysgirl72 jaysgirl72 is offline
Account Closed
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brisvegas Oz
Posts: 207
Thanks: 150
Thanked 84 Times in 58 Posts
Default Package but still in Orientation

Hi All ,

Just wandering if my Hubby is still in orientation, ben there about a week now, if I order him a package and it arrive at PV before he is off will they hold it for him to be off orientation??? He hasnt had a 4th Quarter package and seeing it's the holidayas and I cant be there I want him to have one.

If I leave it much longer or until I know he's off orientation Im worried that the package wont make it before the end of the quarter.


Thanks
  #5  
Old 12-11-2009, 05:24 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

You can send it to him and they should hold it until he is off of orientation. So I would go ahead and do that...





Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgirl72 View Post
Hi All ,

Just wandering if my Hubby is still in orientation, ben there about a week now, if I order him a package and it arrive at PV before he is off will they hold it for him to be off orientation??? He hasnt had a 4th Quarter package and seeing it's the holidayas and I cant be there I want him to have one.

If I leave it much longer or until I know he's off orientation Im worried that the package wont make it before the end of the quarter.


Thanks
  #6  
Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
jaysgirl72 jaysgirl72 is offline
Account Closed
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brisvegas Oz
Posts: 207
Thanks: 150
Thanked 84 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butrfly420 View Post
You can send it to him and they should hold it until he is off of orientation. So I would go ahead and do that...
Thanyou so much, I started the order last night but was worried so just printed it out. Yeah!!1 Hubby will have for the holidays hopefully.

Have an awesome visit by the way
  #7  
Old 12-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Ri'sMom Ri'sMom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 129
Thanks: 55
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgirl72 View Post
Thanyou so much, I started the order last night but was worried so just printed it out. Yeah!!1 Hubby will have for the holidays hopefully.

Have an awesome visit by the way
I actually called R&R a week ago to ask that same question. The guy that answered told me that by the time you order and the package arrives there, he should be off orientation cause that only lasts 7 - 14 days. But in the case that he is still on orientation, they will hold it.

Last edited by Ri'sMom; 12-12-2009 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: wrong number
The Following User Says Thank You to Ri'sMom For This Useful Post:
jaysgirl72 (12-12-2009)
  #8  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:44 AM
jaysgirl72 jaysgirl72 is offline
Account Closed
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brisvegas Oz
Posts: 207
Thanks: 150
Thanked 84 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri'sMom View Post
I actually called R&R a week ago to ask that same question. The guy that answered told me that by the time you order and the package arrives there, he should be off orientation cause that only lasts 7 - 14 days. But in the case that he is still on orientation, they will hold it.

Thanks for that Im so relieved and I have now ordered it so hopefully he will received it by Christmas. He hasnt had one for some time and then he went to the hole so it will be a nice treat for him. Seeing he wrote me to tell me he was 'starving', yes my Hubby can be the little drama queen at times
  #9  
Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Ri'sMom Ri'sMom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 129
Thanks: 55
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgirl72 View Post
Thanks for that Im so relieved and I have now ordered it so hopefully he will received it by Christmas. He hasnt had one for some time and then he went to the hole so it will be a nice treat for him. Seeing he wrote me to tell me he was 'starving', yes my Hubby can be the little drama queen at times
Trust me, I know Mine was in county for over a year and then reception, so he hasnt been able to wear real shoes or warm sweats for long time. Best believe I already received the letter with the exact pair of sneakers he wants....And I get the drama too ("they feed us less than our toddler.....less than the amount of food in a happy meal"!!!!) I just wanted to make sure I could get a quarterly package in now, so that come January, he would still be eligible for another one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ri'sMom For This Useful Post:
jaysgirl72 (12-12-2009)
  #10  
Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 PM
jaysgirl72 jaysgirl72 is offline
Account Closed
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brisvegas Oz
Posts: 207
Thanks: 150
Thanked 84 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri'sMom View Post
Trust me, I know Mine was in county for over a year and then reception, so he hasnt been able to wear real shoes or warm sweats for long time. Best believe I already received the letter with the exact pair of sneakers he wants....And I get the drama too ("they feed us less than our toddler.....less than the amount of food in a happy meal"!!!!) I just wanted to make sure I could get a quarterly package in now, so that come January, he would still be eligible for another one.
Thats exactly what I was thinking So he had one now and then one in January.

I just find it funny at times that My Hubby is so direct, not subtle at all but he gets his point across. Really I know they get very little and rather nasty food so I understand it I do have to giggle though. ahhh I do love that man.
  #11  
Old 12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
nitamac's Avatar
nitamac nitamac is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,109
Thanks: 148
Thanked 338 Times in 152 Posts
Default New Quarter

Hello Ladies,
I was wondering when the new quarter starts.
__________________
Proud Mom
  #12  
Old 12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

New quarter starts January 1, 2010





Quote:
Originally Posted by nitamac View Post
Hello Ladies,
I was wondering when the new quarter starts.
  #13  
Old 01-21-2010, 01:12 AM
jasmine 439 jasmine 439 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 321
Thanks: 632
Thanked 535 Times in 159 Posts
Default

ok girls i have question???? i sent package in nov he still doesnt have it i call prison they said it somewhere in the yard but is not late untill after 3 months. to call back in feb because they are behind in giving them out because of holidays.will that package be for this quarter? will they send it back and i will get money ? should i send onother one? if anyone knows please let me know
  #14  
Old 01-21-2010, 08:08 AM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Since November? WOW... I didnt think they were THAT behind
Unfortunately, when they DO give it to him, it will be for this quarter, not the quarter it was meant for. You can call R&R and ask for them to change that, considering he should have gotten it a long time ago.

Have you called the package company to see if it was refused for some reason? Has your loved one requested to see what was going on with his package? He can do that too...in fact...R&R prefers him to contact them and not us. They told me that they are not allowed to give out any information about the packages...which I know they can...it just depends on who you talk to.

If his package wasnt refused, and you dont have the money back, I would just start making some noise. I know its frustrating, but that is too long to have him get his package.

I hope this made sense..I just got up and havent had my coffee yet






Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine 439 View Post
ok girls i have question???? i sent package in nov he still doesnt have it i call prison they said it somewhere in the yard but is not late untill after 3 months. to call back in feb because they are behind in giving them out because of holidays.will that package be for this quarter? will they send it back and i will get money ? should i send onother one? if anyone knows please let me know
  #15  
Old 01-23-2010, 03:06 PM
PenguinLub's Avatar
PenguinLub PenguinLub is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 23
Thanks: 28
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default Can anyone tell me what is considered a special package ?

I received a letter today and my Lub asked me to send him a special package instead of the regular Jpay I usually do each month... any info will be appreciated... Thanx Sher

PS, his Mom is sending him a quarterly package but because of what happened at the previous CSP he was at b4 his transfer to PVSP they fouled up his quarterly package so he did not get it for Christmas and it took so long for them to send it back we could not resend it in time and we had ordered that one in Nov... so now it is a new quarter new place but he has not went b4 the ICC yet but should be anyday or may have been this past week but with mail so slow we do not know but are not willing to take the chance to send his quarterly until we know he is off orientation row... So if his Mom is sending him the quarterly is he still allowed to also receive the special order package ?

Thanx again ...
  #16  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Special orders are not considered quarterly packages so he should be all good to recieve it. My concern would be that once he see's ICC and is able to get a regular package that they are going to say he already had one for this quarter. But if it was returned, then maybe not? I would call R&R and see what they are showing. They will have that in there system.






Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinLub View Post
I received a letter today and my Lub asked me to send him a special package instead of the regular Jpay I usually do each month... any info will be appreciated... Thanx Sher

PS, his Mom is sending him a quarterly package but because of what happened at the previous CSP he was at b4 his transfer to PVSP they fouled up his quarterly package so he did not get it for Christmas and it took so long for them to send it back we could not resend it in time and we had ordered that one in Nov... so now it is a new quarter new place but he has not went b4 the ICC yet but should be anyday or may have been this past week but with mail so slow we do not know but are not willing to take the chance to send his quarterly until we know he is off orientation row... So if his Mom is sending him the quarterly is he still allowed to also receive the special order package ?

Thanx again ...
  #17  
Old 01-25-2010, 12:03 PM
ALWAYS HERE 4 M's Avatar
ALWAYS HERE 4 M ALWAYS HERE 4 M is offline
Still loving my hubby...
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,802
Thanks: 1,972
Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butrfly420 View Post
Since November? WOW... I didnt think they were THAT behind
Unfortunately, when they DO give it to him, it will be for this quarter, not the quarter it was meant for. You can call R&R and ask for them to change that, considering he should have gotten it a long time ago.
Hey mama...you might want to check the policy with R&R. Where my husband is they use the date the package was recieved at the facility for determination of the which qtr it falls under not when they actually deliver it to him. Good luck.
__________________


  #18  
Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

See thats what I thought to, but when I sent a package to my husband, it got there in a week's time but they went on lockdown for 2 weeks and it was still another 2 weeks when he actually recieved it. By that time, the quarter it was meant for had passed and new quarter had begun, so when he got his paperwork it was for the new quarter. I called R&R and they told me it should be by when the package is received by the prison, but then I had someone else tell me that it goes by when the inmate receives it..so it was like WTH?? So just to be on the safe side, I dont order him any packages that are close to the end of the quarter.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M View Post
Hey mama...you might want to check the policy with R&R. Where my husband is they use the date the package was recieved at the facility for determination of the which qtr it falls under not when they actually deliver it to him. Good luck.
  #19  
Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 PM
ALWAYS HERE 4 M's Avatar
ALWAYS HERE 4 M ALWAYS HERE 4 M is offline
Still loving my hubby...
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,802
Thanks: 1,972
Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butrfly420 View Post
See thats what I thought to, but when I sent a package to my husband, it got there in a week's time but they went on lockdown for 2 weeks and it was still another 2 weeks when he actually recieved it. By that time, the quarter it was meant for had passed and new quarter had begun, so when he got his paperwork it was for the new quarter. I called R&R and they told me it should be by when the package is received by the prison, but then I had someone else tell me that it goes by when the inmate receives it..so it was like WTH?? So just to be on the safe side, I dont order him any packages that are close to the end of the quarter.

LOL!! Yup..CDC and consistency right. LOL!! I always try and get the confirmation number so I know when the prison received it just in case since I always wait until the last minute...
Call R&R just for general reference to be safe. Take care!
__________________


The Following User Says Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
PTO-79211 (01-25-2010)
  #20  
Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Ri'sMom Ri'sMom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 129
Thanks: 55
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Hi........anyone know if a Yard (B) is on lock down and the inmate's quarterly package is there, can the inmate receive? Or will they hold it until lock down is lifted? THX!!
  #21  
Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Since B yard is on lockdown they will hold all quarterly packages until the lockdown is lifted.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri'sMom View Post
Hi........anyone know if a Yard (B) is on lock down and the inmate's quarterly package is there, can the inmate receive? Or will they hold it until lock down is lifted? THX!!
  #22  
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 PM
*chapis*'s Avatar
*chapis* *chapis* is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

can i send someone a package w/o letting them know who it's from?
__________________
Walk by FAITH, not by sight
  #23  
Old 04-14-2010, 05:09 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

A stationary package or a quarterly package? The stationary package...sure you dont have to put a return address...but I think a quarterly package your info is on the receipt. Not positive though






Quote:
Originally Posted by *chapis* View Post
can i send someone a package w/o letting them know who it's from?
  #24  
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 PM
*chapis*'s Avatar
*chapis* *chapis* is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yeah quarterly package
__________________
Walk by FAITH, not by sight
  #25  
Old 04-14-2010, 09:08 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Ah...ok...well then I would assume that he will get the order or receipt with the package because they have to sign for it and it will have your name. I am not positive about it though




Quote:
Originally Posted by *chapis* View Post
yeah quarterly package
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics