Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 AM

Default Home Placement Inspection/What questions do they ask?

Hi, there soon someone from parole/or probation will appear at my house unexpectively that much I know, but what happens if I am not home? I work different hours of the day everyday, and can anyone possibly tell me what is the procedure on how they go about, so that I could be prepared, when they come I am a law bidding citizen, from work home, and home work, I don't drink, smoke or do anything ilegal so that part I am ok but I do have a very small apartment which I live alone with my dog, which its the one on my avatar, I read some place that dogs are a problem? I am in New Jersey I just would like some insight on how this probation or parole officer would be asking questions, anyone who already been thru this can private message me or email me if it can't be post it online my email is (removed per policy; please contact member via pm) thank you I will greatly appreciate any info that could get my love one home.

Last edited by patchouli; 07-19-2010 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: removed email addy
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2010, 02:42 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,032 Times in 17,089 Posts

I wasn't home when the PO came by for the inspection, so he left a blue paper door-hanger with his name & number on it. I called him as soon as I got home...he didn't say he was coming back out that night, but he did! He didn't "search" the house but did do a walk-through. He asked if there were any drugs, alcohol or weapons in the house.He asked a few other questions that were crime specific, but nothing too diffiuclt or deep. Certain breeds and/or temperment of a dog can be a problem.....the PO does not want to be attacked or bitten when coming out to see the offender on a home visit. Looks like you're dog won't be a problem. You'll be fine!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-19-2010, 08:47 PM

They just came to my house 2 weeks ago. He called me at 7am and asked if he could come by in 30 mintues. Of course I said sure and he pretty much asked who I was to him, how long i had known him, if I had any drugs, firearms in the house, and wanted to know how much i knew about his past (hes been in for 12 years now)....the only place he really 'looked' at was where he'd be sleeping. he had a partner with him and unfortunatley I have a huge house so while I was being asked questions by one the other was walking around the house. I know he went and looked into several bedrooms (i have 6) because the doors were shut and when they left my son was in a room he normally didnt go it. the questions were pretty basic and he stressed that not only was he going to have a huge responsiblity when he was released but that I personally would have a lot too, making sure he met all his appointments and whatnot. He also wanted me aware that if approved they would show up unexpectidly and search the house along with random drug testing.
In the end he was very polite and nice however they denied him because we arent married or related
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyroxy80 For This Useful Post:
noboundries (07-24-2010), patchouli (07-19-2010)
Old 07-19-2010, 08:55 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,032 Times in 17,089 Posts

foxyroxy80.......did you have a separate bedroom for him? The PO also asked me where My Mr would be sleeping (we're not married either), so I had the spareroom ready to show him....parole was approved. If not married, the parolee (I believe) should have their own separate bedroom.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 PM

yes i did.......he had his own room fully furnished and i had a job lined up making more than minimum wage with benifits, however whos hes been affilliated with in th epast is why they didnt approve him....thats my opinion anyways because i have no record and everything else for him was taken care of
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyroxy80 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-20-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguanica777 View Post
Hi, there soon someone from parole/or probation will appear at my house unexpectively that much I know, but what happens if I am not home? I work different hours of the day everyday, and can anyone possibly tell me what is the procedure on how they go about, so that I could be prepared, when they come I am a law bidding citizen, from work home, and home work, I don't drink, smoke or do anything ilegal so that part I am ok but I do have a very small apartment which I live alone with my dog, which its the one on my avatar, I read some place that dogs are a problem? I am in New Jersey I just would like some insight on how this probation or parole officer would be asking questions, anyone who already been thru this can private message me or email me if it can't be post it online my email is (removed per policy; please contact member via pm) thank you I will greatly appreciate any info that could get my love one home.
In the state where I live if you rent your place the parole officer will speak to the manager, and inform the manager that a tenant wants to move a person who is on parole into their apartment they will also tell the manager what crime the person committed. Then ask the manager if they will allow this person to live there. This in my opinion is the worst part.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:10 PM

Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForHer1 View Post
In the state where I live if you rent your place the parole officer will speak to the manager, and inform the manager that a tenant wants to move a person who is on parole into their apartment they will also tell the manager what crime the person committed. Then ask the manager if they will allow this person to live there. This in my opinion is the worst part.

What state is this?