Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in North Carolina should be posted here.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:11 PM

Default Parole questions / Home Placement & process?

My son has only until Oct 1st until his release date. (just a little over 4 months left!)

He will be on probation after he is released and my question is: when will they contact us and set up his living arrangements with us?

Can someone explain more about the process to me?

Thanks!

Wife to one - my best friend.
Mama to two - one in prison.
Nana to three - one we are raising.
ME - living each day one at a time.

Imprisoned with him.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplejs View Post
My son has only until Oct 1st until his release date. (just a little over 4 months left!)

He will be on probation after he is released and my question is: when will they contact us and set up his living arrangements with us?

Can someone explain more about the process to me?

Thanks!
I don't know the specifics on NC, but believe you should be hearing from P&P prior to his release to verify his release plans. How long they do this before release dates in NC I don't know. If you call the P&P office in your locality, they should be able to give you the information.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:28 AM
Come on 7-11!

First his case worker should be getting with him (or have already gotten with him) to find out what his home plans are. I think Matthew talked with his case worker like in November (he gets out in July). Once his case worker put the information into the system, his parole officer tried to come out to verify the residency but there was a problem with the address. When his case worker was taking his parents off and putting me on, somehow our addresses got combined, so she couldn't find my place. Once Matthew got the address straightened out, his parole officer came out in January to verify the place. You may want to talk with your son and see if he has spoken with his case worker. I don't know if every case worker and parole officer "gets the ball rolling" at the same time, but hopefully yall should be hearing something really soon. Your son's release is right around the corner!

Mr. MAC is home with his sweetness!
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt'sSweetness For This Useful Post:
triplejs (05-13-2011)
Old 05-14-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSweetness View Post
First his case worker should be getting with him (or have already gotten with him) to find out what his home plans are. I think Matthew talked with his case worker like in November (he gets out in July). Once his case worker put the information into the system, his parole officer tried to come out to verify the residency but there was a problem with the address. When his case worker was taking his parents off and putting me on, somehow our addresses got combined, so she couldn't find my place. Once Matthew got the address straightened out, his parole officer came out in January to verify the place. You may want to talk with your son and see if he has spoken with his case worker. I don't know if every case worker and parole officer "gets the ball rolling" at the same time, but hopefully yall should be hearing something really soon. Your son's release is right around the corner!
Thanks hon!

I talked to my son today and he said another inmate was called to his case workers office about his probation yesterday and he has 2 1/2 months until his release. It sounds like the probation officers might be running behind. But perhaps in another month my son will get his call too.

Perhaps I'm getting over anxious. LOL!

Wife to one - my best friend.
Mama to two - one in prison.
Nana to three - one we are raising.
ME - living each day one at a time.

Imprisoned with him.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 PM

Can the inmate make phone calls right before their release. My son gets out Sunday and we have not heard form him since Monday.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Why? When? Who? Where?

Normally a day or two before his release the staff preparing the release paperwork will get with the Inmate to find out who will be picking him/her up. Then they will verify by telephone and confirm the date and time to pick up the Inmate.

If the Inmate is going to being Paroled - coordination is done with only the Parole Officer who will pick up the Inmate. Prior to leaving the prison the Parole Officer goes through the Parole rules and has the Inmate sign them.

Or if the Inmate has detainers (another agency wants him/her) that agency will pick him up for their processing.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:34 PM

Question: if a person got 20-33 years in prison then when is there parole? or do they get it? Been in 11 yrs already. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Why? When? Who? Where?

Is he/she in a NC or VA or Federal prison?