Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Angry Anyone know anything about SAP at CTS Russell

Does anyone have a loved one in SAP @ CTS-Russell Louisville? My man has been there 66 days ,is on target in the program, no writeups. He has requested a 4 hour pass 3 separate times and always been denied. The first one we kinda thought they maybe just wanted to see his reaction when denied. He didn't get angry just said ok. Each additional time he was denied he also remained calm. Our goal is to survive whatever for the 180 days and then have all this bad stuff behind us. BUT.... He is actually a parolee and as a condition had to complete SAP. He even asked his parole officer if he had a problem with him getting a pass for 4 hours to go eat with me and get a haircut. Parole officer said he was fine with it but it would be up to CTS-Russel SAP program coordinator to make the decision. CTS Russell has him doing work for them without any type of compensation. If wants a coke or candy bar he must buy it from vending machines at CTS-Russell that are owned by the administrator & her husband own. The only AA meetings he can go to are the in house ones that are only run by the residents-no staff- no outside AA members. Needless to say I am in no way impressed by this place. Neither of us is making a fuss or complaining to the staff, we just are trying to wait out the 180 days. I guess I'm just venting here. I suppose the original idea behind the SAP program had good intentions, but IF SAP @ other places is like CTS-Russell's SAP then it is only another way the state is wasting money by contracting with halfway houses. If anyone has any experience with CTS-Russell, please post .
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,039 Times in 17,093 Posts

It doesn't sound like he's even started the SAP program Perhaps he should speak with his Caseworker, just because he's at a 1/2way house doesn't mean he's enrolled in SAP or that they even offer it. There's a whole lot more to SAP than merely attending AA meetings.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
It doesn't sound like he's even started the SAP program Perhaps he should speak with his Caseworker, just because he's at a 1/2way house doesn't mean he's enrolled in SAP or that they even offer it. There's a whole lot more to SAP than merely attending AA meetings.

Welcome to PTO!
Definitely in SAP, that's the reason I was venting about CTS- Russell . I agree with it doesnt even sound like he is in SAP.....BUT he is. He has even "Phased Up".The comment about AA wasn't really concerning SAP program, we just both feel AA is one of many tools to maintain sobriety. Yes they do the minimum required to keep state approval as SAP provider. The SAP participants even have to wear orange vests to differentiate them from the rest of the halfway house population. I am knowledgeable of the SAP requirements , the point is that CTS-Russel SAP program seems to be useless . If it's required then the program should be run in a professional manner. I am curious about others that have experiences with SAP @ CTS-Russell
The Following User Says Thank You to Petesmaggie For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2016, 04:00 PM

I know this is an old thread. But my fiancé is currently here- was wondering if they release on release date or if there's been instances where it's late? Thanks so much!