Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:36 AM

Question Disciplinary questions

My husband received a major ticket on may 11th since then they took our visits and phone calls. He has not been put on LOP and he is not in the hole. Disciplinary has not been back to see him on the ticket since it was issued. I called central office yesterday and they said the ticket was still pending. I have been on the ADC website and read all there rules. Can someone please help me understand what the 7 day due process is? I thought it meant that after being issued the ticket disciplinary had 7 days to see the inmate on it. Am I wrong? I have tried calling the yard that he's on to speak to the DW but never get thur and I've called at least 75 times. If someone could please explain this to me I would be so thankful seeing as right at this moment I want to scream.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 12:14 AM

I believe you are correct every time my husband has had a ticket they saw him usually on the 7th day and not a day before. In your case it has been a month and if the Disciplinary Officer has not seen him to give him the final write up I would say he has a good chance of getting out of whatever the ticket was for. Unfortunately though we know that the DOC does what they want when they want and they could very well say they were gathering evidence and disregard their own rules, then your husband would have to appeal it based on the time factor. I hope all turns out for the best.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:39 AM

good luck! my husband got a ticket march 8th for a cell phone, but he fought it and was told it was dismissed, but he still has the sanctions for it, and when I call up 2 central office they told me its still pending......smh.....so that cell phone ticket bumped him up to a 4/4 when he should still be a 3/3 he was almost a 2.....but yet they took him from lewis and shipped him 2 Yuma bc of this ticket.........DOC does what they want to do....and on top of that the ticket took away my husband erc. so more time added smh ugghhh
Old 06-20-2013, 09:07 PM

Angry

I honestly feel like I'm going to scream or cry. Spoke with central office again yesterday and all they say is there is nothing you can do to help your husband he needs to follow procedure. No shit lady can't follow ADC "procedure" if he has not been seen on the ticket he was issued over a freaking month ago. this is killing me our poor son is also being affected because daddy can't call and we can't go visit him. I just need to vent for a moment please forgive me. How can people who have dropped dirty UA after dirty UA still have there visits there tickets get overlooked. But my husband get his first ticket in over 2 years for a minnor (not a major ticket I was wrong about that) and we have to go thur this bull shit. I wish I could say the end was near on this chunk of time but we've still got another 4 1/2-5 years left. Ugh sorry for complaining
The Following User Says Thank You to Thecissell's For This Useful Post:
LuvUSon (07-20-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 PM

Something is wrong then because there is no loss of visitation for a minor ticket. I know you have been saying something is wrong all along but I was going off it being a major ticket. Now this is just speculation but I am going to say he is under investigation.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:59 AM

Sorry you have to go through this. I'm observing ADC giving out a lot of "no explanation" type punishiments lately. All have never been in trouble the past two years and are all in minimum security and ready to go to a lower level getting food visits etc. Then one day they're a 4/4 in Yuma. If Central won't even help who do we have? Sad.

Last edited by PHXmom; 06-21-2013 at 01:08 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 11:43 AM

minor tickets usually don't make them lose there visits or phone calls, but in the worse case they can get LOP for 30days, but if its already been over a month get on the phone with the warden or the ADW they will help u out, I stopped calling central office I went straight to the source, at times when I called central office it was as if I knew more then they did about my husbands situation, smh.....best of luck 2 u
Old 07-07-2013, 11:44 PM

Angry

Ugh just thought I would update my current situation it's been almost 60 days as of the 11th of July. Found out in a letter from my husband that we have lost visitation even though the ticket is still pending we are now trying to get the ticket thrown out because the doc has violated his due process time. Turns out this entire situation has been caused by another inmates visitor saying she saw something that never happened. So angry right now there is no video of what she said happened they the DOC is going off the word of someone else. I've been a prison wife for 8 years now never once have I had an issue. I value my time with my husband I would never risk losing my 12 hours a week. Sorry for venting I have never seen this happen to anyone I've been to several yards in 8 years and this is outrageous. Wrote a letter to the complex warden and also the deputy director as well as the director. I want my visits back already!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Thecissell's For This Useful Post:
Lee4life (12-04-2018)
Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 AM

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know how hard the loss of visits can be and hope that it gets resolved soon. Did you write to the Deputy Warden of his yard. When I have had problems I have had more luck with the deputy warden than with anyone else.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana1975 View Post
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know how hard the loss of visits can be and hope that it gets resolved soon. Did you write to the Deputy Warden of his yard. When I have had problems I have had more luck with the deputy warden than with anyone else.
I can't even get the DW to give me the time of day. I've called for weeks now and as soon I as state my name he is suddenly very busy. My husband has sent several kites to him and no response. Seriously I don't even know this woman I've seen her maybe 4 times in the past year. And what she accused me of doing god knows I would LOVE to do!!!!! But it never happened. I live next door to a couple who both work for the DOC and talked to them both about it and they agree that this situation is not right