Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:08 AM

Angry Son hasn't seen counselor, how do I get on his visit list??

My son went to prison on Dec 9th at central state in Macon. Still has not seen his counselor , I spoke with her on the phone last week asking about how do we get on visitation list, she tells me he needs to fill out an add-on form that you get from your counselor. Okay so fine and my son has been waiting for to be called to see her for 1st time. Someone at prison tells me yesterday she saw him on the 10th which is a lie bc have talked to him and he has NOT seen any counselor yet for his orientation. Someone tells me today he had to have his list made by Nov 30 and would have to wait till May , the boy wasn't even in prison on Nov 30th and this is 1st time he's ever been in prison. I'm so upset , all I want to do is see my son that we haven't seen in over 2 mths. The lady I spoke with that said he has to wait till May and said to call some chief officer to discuss this with. What a run around. Any suggestions anyone? I don't know if I should stay on this because I don't want anyone to take it on my son in some way for me keep calling about this. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2014, 08:00 AM

okay so what happened is he was scheduled on 10th BUT bc someone outside prison fence did something stupid they all had to go in lock down so that's why he didn't go for his visit for his orientation ugggg. They are finally off and his counselor said hopefully next week he'll get to see her and he doesn't have to wait till May to make his list. Hope all this is true anyway. so frustrated, so wanted to see him bf xmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug1961 For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (12-19-2014)
Old 12-19-2014, 02:53 PM

Thanked 2,516 Times in 878 Posts

Hopefully your son will get you added asap. It is my understanding that Parents and Grandparents are pretty much always approved, that is unless they have some type of criminal background?
As you can already see those working in the system work at a snails pace. You would think the so called counselor would expedite the visitation process for new inmates. I still don't understand why their job title is counselor. My son has rarely seen his counselor at any place he has been in. I guess I should consider that a good thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lordbew/us For This Useful Post:
ladybug1961 (12-19-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 06:23 AM

Default Visitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug1961 View Post
My son went to prison on Dec 9th at central state in Macon. Still has not seen his counselor , I spoke with her on the phone last week asking about how do we get on visitation list, she tells me he needs to fill out an add-on form that you get from your counselor. Okay so fine and my son has been waiting for to be called to see her for 1st time. Someone at prison tells me yesterday she saw him on the 10th which is a lie bc have talked to him and he has NOT seen any counselor yet for his orientation. Someone tells me today he had to have his list made by Nov 30 and would have to wait till May , the boy wasn't even in prison on Nov 30th and this is 1st time he's ever been in prison. I'm so upset , all I want to do is see my son that we haven't seen in over 2 mths. The lady I spoke with that said he has to wait till May and said to call some chief officer to discuss this with. What a run around. Any suggestions anyone? I don't know if I should stay on this because I don't want anyone to take it on my son in some way for me keep calling about this. Any suggestions?

By completing a "Significant Other Form" means an inmate has requested that you be approved for visitation privileges with him/her at an institution.

Significant Other is a member of an inmate's extended family, a friend, or some other person having a meaningful relationship with the inmate.

The Significant Other must complete and submit the "Significant Other Application for Visitation Privilege". The Superintendent/designee will review and approve/disapprove the applications.

The term Significant Other does NOT imply automatic approval for visitation from romantic involvement.
Inmates are allowed to update their visitation list during the months of May and November. As long as all needed information is in by the end of those two months, If approved the visitor will be added to the list, and if denied the inmate will be notified so that he can inform his/ family member.

Visitation is a privilege that is permitted under conditions determined by your Warden/Superintendent. Visiting privileges may be suspended or revoked as a disciplinary measure, or when the security of the institution so requires. The Warden may modify or limit the visiting privileges if it appears that the institution cannot accommodate the quantity of visitors entering the institution. Inmate visitor’s list is to be prepared by him/her and should consist of members of your immediate family.
You may contact the local facility, call Ombudsman Unit at 478-992-5358, visit Georgia Department of Corrections website or email Ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us for more information.
Thanks,