Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:11 PM

Default Info For Those Going Through the Alternative Custody Program (ACP) in Calif

I wanted to share some info on the Alternative Custody Program (ACP) that my fiance and I are going through - in case anyone else may be going through this process, or considering it.

He is at San Quentin, in California, and qualifies to be reviewed for early release in the ACP program. This basically means, if approved, he will serve the rest of his prison sentence outside of prison, in a residential home (my house), still technically "in custody" but on an ankle monitor. This is only available in certain counties in California.

So far, these are the steps we've been through:

Now that he's within a year of his official release date, he requested an ACP application from his counselor. After she reviewed his case, she thought he was a good candidate, so she gave him an application. If she had NOT thought he was a good candidate, and/or he didn't meet the basic initial screening requirements, she would not have given him the app.

He filled out the application, listing my residential address as the place where he would live, still in custody, on the ankle monitor. He gave the completed app back to the counselor.

She got an answer back to him within the required two week time frame, letting him know he was approved for the next step, which was to start gathering all the info that another counselor would need to process his application in preparation for the committee meeting. At this point, she had him sign the paperwork requesting his entire criminal record, his behavior profile in prison, and all of my contact info.

She then sent everything to Sacramento. Within four days (today), I got a phone call from a parole agent in Sacramento, asking me the following questions:

Did I want him to come live with me?

What is my relationship to him?

Am I on section 8, or any government housing assistance?

Do I have any weapons or ammunition in my home?

Do I have space in my home for him?

Would I be ok with a parole agent coming to my home to do a walk through?

He verified my address.

He asked if all of my windows and doors were intact and functioning.

He asked if all of my utilities were on and functioning.

He asked if the cell phone reception was good where I live.

He asked if there was anything blocking the front door, like a gate, or do I live in a gated community.

Then he said it would take 60-90 days from now, and the next step is for the counselor to continue the review process. Then, the committee would make a decision and have a meeting with him to let him know the decision. At that point, if he's approved, someone from my local parole office would contact me to schedule the walk through.

I was beyond excited when I got the call today - it made me feel like things are FINALLY moving ahead! Yay!

I hope this is helpful, I'll post updates as things progress.

Here's the link for general info: https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/adult-operations/acp/

Here's the link for specifics:

https://govt.westlaw.com/calregs/Doc...ta=(sc.Default)

Here's the link for exclusionary criteria: https://govt.westlaw.com/calregs/Doc...ta=(sc.Default)

Last edited by InLoveDeep; 03-26-2020 at 02:16 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InLoveDeep For This Useful Post:
LWOPWIFE (03-30-2020), patchouli (03-26-2020), sidewalker (03-27-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2020, 06:21 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,009 Times in 17,078 Posts

Wonderful!! Thank you very much for taking the time to type all that out. Your post will not only help other members, but also the guests that read these forums on a daily basis

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
InLoveDeep (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 05:30 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,520 Times in 16,271 Posts

Yes, glad to see this info for others who may need use of it. Thank you!!
and fingers crossed for you and your guy to qualify and approval for the move.
Good stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
InLoveDeep (03-27-2020)