Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in New Jersey, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:19 PM
Donation Award 

Default Coronavirus in NJ Prisons: Write to your NJ Senators and NJ Governor

I just saw a segment with George Stephanopolous on Prisoners in Close Quarters with a Video. There is no social distance in Prison. Some Prisons are cells with your cell mate 2 feet from you and some are a room full of prisoner sometimes up to 30/40 in them and again only 2 feet away from each other. What they are not telling you is that there are many in NJ Prisons that are being tested as we speak along with not just prisoners but CO's that do have the virus. There are prisoners that get transferred to work from different prisons every day. CO's that have the virus and let them in for their last day of work. There is not any or enough cleaning supplies to stop this virus and the prisoners ARE getting the virus. They are taking prisoners and bringing them to prisons that doesn't have any infected prisoners and then coming down with the symptoms. They brought it with them but didn't come down with it till days later. These prisoners are someone's loved one too. They don't have video calling and it maybe months before the next visit is in person, their child, wife, mother, father etc. visit. Yes, we all know its prison but there are some in there that are not a threat to anyone but themselves. They still have civil rights. People were taken out of prison in NJ today because they had the virus. Really where are they going to go. To a bed that is supposed to be sanitized and Health Director, Nurse or Doctor that does not come in contact with knowledge of this virus. Along with how many of those first line workers do you think there are. Medication that is a funny one it doesn’t happen behind bars. Sanitizer that has alcohol in it, so they can’t give that to prisoners because of the alcohol. What happens next if somebody dies if they get the virus. Law Suites will be taken against the state because prisoners are a Ward of the State. It will cost all of NJ. I urge the public to write to your NJ Senators and NJ Governor and plead that the non-violent get released to their own homes. I do understand that some may not be able to afford to be released and some may not have homes to go to which is sad. Some may return to drug use which than may take our First Responders to an emergency call, but what about those who do. Put them on ankle bracelets do what you have to do, so we don’t have anybody’s loved one die unexpectedly. Somebodies Daddy or Mom. Protect the CO’s also from this housing that could be a wild fire and is starting to be. Nobody wants to see somebody that works for the system sick or dead especially them or their families.

Last edited by JHarr; 04-05-2020 at 08:21 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2020, 09:15 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,030 Times in 17,089 Posts

I'm not sure where you got that information, but I will say that if this info came to you from an inmate, take it with a grain of salt. Don't let rumors get to you.

Here is the link to NJ DOC's webpage for covid-19. From the list of FAQ:

Are transfers happening between institutions and from jails? Out of an abundance of caution, the Department is:
  • suspending the transfer of inmates from county jails;
  • holding all new inmates for 15-days at the Central Reception and Assignment facility prior to transferring individuals to their assigned institutions; and
  • temporarily suspending all inter-institutional transfers based on an inmate’s request for visit hardship across NJDOC facilities.
Looking over NJDOC's list of facilities that have confirmed cases of coronavirus, I only see 1 inmate. Staff are at 41.

You'll find that info, FAQ & more at the following link:

https://www.state.nj.us/corrections/pages/COVID19Updates.shtml

When it comes to believing anything said via the inmate grapevine, trust but verify. Always.

EDIT: I don't understand why NJ isn't releasing inmates. I hope you're successful in getting NJ to release non-violent offenders and/or the elderly & sick.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 04-05-2020 at 09:18 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-06-2020), LifeTraveler (04-06-2020), Ms Sunny (04-06-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 09:15 PM
Donation Award 

So you don't want people to know the virus is in the prisons. I never used a name. A name would be an individuals name. So this post your saying is not going to be seen on Prison Talk. Just checking.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:21 PM
Donation Award 

Thank You.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:24 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,030 Times in 17,089 Posts

What? Yes, the posts will be seen on PTO....I'm not following your line of thought

Yes, I do believe that all DOC's and BOP should release as many inmates as possible, let them go home and isolate with their families.

I was making a point to not believe everything you hear. If information cannot be corroborated / verified, it may be a rumor instead of a fact.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-06-2020), LifeTraveler (04-06-2020), Ms Sunny (04-06-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 09:32 AM
Donation Award 

Thank You for taking the time out to provide the site to keep on top of this. I appreciate this web page to stay in touch with Prison Talk..
The Following User Says Thank You to JHarr For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-06-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 08:48 PM
Donation Award 

Default Repeat: Coronavirus in NJ Prisons-Please Help.

I am repeating this post because now it's fact. If you look on the chart that was given on my last post you will see that the prison numbers have changed. This chart is going to go up much higher since there are a number of prisoners that have been tested and the test is not back yet. There are a lot of prisoners that have been taken out of their home prison and transferred to another prison because there is more medical help and they have all the symptoms. Please help... This is not rumor this is fact...If you have talked to any CO's or prisoners please get their input and reply to this post then move forward and write your letters.

I thank patchouli for providing his input and also the website to go to so we can keep an eye on what is going on in this world crises in NJ Prisons...

My last post:

I just saw a segment with George Stephanopolous on Prisoners in Close Quarters with a Video. There is no social distance in Prison. Some Prisons are cells with your cell mate 2 feet from you and some are a room full of prisoner sometimes up to 30/40 in them and again only 2 feet away from each other. What they are not telling you is that there are many in NJ Prisons that are being tested as we speak along with not just prisoners but CO's that do have the virus. There are prisoners that get transferred to work from different prisons every day. CO's that have the virus and let them in for their last day of work. There is not any or enough cleaning supplies to stop this virus and the prisoners ARE getting the virus. They are taking prisoners and bringing them to prisons that doesn't have any infected prisoners and then coming down with the symptoms. They brought it with them but didn't come down with it till days later. These prisoners are someone's loved one too. They don't have video calling and it maybe months before the next visit is in person, their child, wife, mother, father etc. visit. Yes, we all know its prison but there are some in there that are not a threat to anyone but themselves. They still have civil rights. People were taken out of prison in NJ today because they had the virus. Really where are they going to go. To a bed that is supposed to be sanitized and Health Director, Nurse or Doctor that does not come in contact with knowledge of this virus. Along with how many of those first line workers do you think there are. Medication that is a funny one it doesn’t happen behind bars. Sanitizer that has alcohol in it, so they can’t give that to prisoners because of the alcohol base. What happens next if somebody dies if they get the virus. Law Suites will be taken against the state because prisoners are a Ward of the State. It will cost all of NJ. I urge the public to write to your NJ Senators and NJ Governor and plead that the non-violent get released to their own homes. I do understand that some may not be able to afford to be released and some may not have homes to go to which is sad. Some may return to drug use which than may take our First Responders to an emergency call, but what about those who do. Put them on ankle bracelets do what you have to do, so we don’t have anybody’s loved one die unexpectedly. Somebodies Daddy or Mom. Protect the CO’s also from this housing that could be a wild fire and is starting to be. Nobody wants to see somebody that works for the system sick or dead especially them or their families.
The Following User Says Thank You to JHarr For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-06-2020)