Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Wisconsin.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:47 PM

yeah you can send them commissary thru online..when you go to the dodge correctional website go to the adult inmate scroll down til you see vendors for canteen they'll give you 4 sites where you can order clothes..electronics...stamped envelopes all that stuff
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speshulk View Post
My guy just got to DCI this week, he's been there before. He said they are on lock down for three days. It sounds like you can only stay in A&E for 90 days, but if you've been there before you will move through a little faster.

I looked at Correctional Billing Services (google it) and they have an account with Dodge. I set one up so hopefully as soon as he can call, that will do the trick.

Is there an way to post commisary online? Some county jails are going that way these days.
go to the dodge correctional website to the adult inmate scroll down til you vendors for canteen and they'll give you a few vendors you can order clothes.electronics,stamped envelopes and all that stuff
Old 01-25-2011, 02:56 PM

I believe if they are in A&E there is very limited stuff you can order them. No TV for sure.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 AM

My BF is at Dodge now and has been there for almost 10 weeks. I was told 8 weeks. what would the hold up be? Maybe because they just changed his seizure meds and are waiting to see if they work? I don't know but he is getting frustrated as much as I am. Can anyone shed some light on why it would take so long?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Missing My Husband

My husband just got transferred there on 9/27/12 and is waiting to get staffed. Just found out that A&E inmates no matter when they get shipped there are 2, 2hr visits a week instead of 1, 2hr visit/week! They just updated this on Sept 24 2012. Does anyone know what you can and cannot wear to visiting at Dodge? I'm still waiting to be approved. The brown county jail took 25% of my husbands money I put on his books. At Dodge Correctional, they don't take anything until he gets staffed and then I think they take 15%. I don't think there's a limit either. Brown county jail phone calls are $6.18 for 15 mins. They can order $50 a week in commissary at the jail. Dodge Correctional's canteen is $20 a week and 1, 15 min phone call a week.
The Following User Says Thank You to rachierae For This Useful Post:
parentsofzach (01-04-2013)
Old 04-22-2016, 10:10 PM

Default Sending Money

Has anybody sent money to their LO? I'm confused where it says that the only accepted envelopes are from the canteen??!! It's not permitted to use a regular/normal envelope??!! My best friend has NO money! I told him I'd send him some as soon as I received some. Clarification would be much appreciated.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:25 PM

Yes, you can send money for his account. You must send a cashier's check or money order which must have his name and DOC number. It must be mailed to DCI with his name and DOC number on the envelope and must be sent to the correct PO Box.

Here's how you need to address the envelope:

Dodge Correctional Institution
Inmate name, DOC number
PO Box 800
Waupun WI. 53963

Once they post it to his account he will receive a receipt through institution mail.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:10 AM

Thank you for the information. What I'm wondering specifically is in the details about the facility it mentioned special embossed envelopes from their canteen. I want to know if there's any truth to that or can regular envelopes from outside the facility be used??!! Also is there monetary limit &/or a limit to the number of checks??!! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcloser View Post
Yes, you can send money for his account. You must send a cashier's check or money order which must have his name and DOC number. It must be mailed to DCI with his name and DOC number on the envelope and must be sent to the correct PO Box.

Here's how you need to address the envelope:

Inmate name, DOC number
PO Box 800
Waupun WI. 53963

Once they post it to his account he will receive a receipt through institution mail.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:24 AM

Embossed envelopes are not required for incoming mail. You can use a regular envelope. They will only accept a cashier's check or money order - no personal checks. While in A&E he is limited to spending approximately $40 once every two weeks on canteen. (I will look for the paperwork my LO sent when he was at DCI to confirm tgat, but off the top of my head I'm fairly certain that's the spending limit.) I'm not aware of any account balance limits - he will just be limited in how much he can spend at DCI and his final placement. Once he is at his final placement the amount he can spend will increase. Also, no restrictions on the number of money orders or cashier's checks.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:16 AM

Default Lockdown & Phone At DCI

What's been the average timeframe for lockdown these days? General curiosity & trying to think of when the 1 15 min/wk phone call. Also, if I remember correctly, once he's out of lockdown he can call on a daily basis if there's an available phone. Any truth to this? I'm trying to solve my money situation & I could use the general knowledge. My estranged husband was in there for A & E but it's been awhile. I don't know if anything's changed. Thanks
Old 04-23-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDDubLvr4Life View Post
What's been the average timeframe for lockdown these days? General curiosity & trying to think of when the 1 15 min/wk phone call. Also, if I remember correctly, once he's out of lockdown he can call on a daily basis if there's an available phone. Any truth to this? I'm trying to solve my money situation & I could use the general knowledge. My estranged husband was in there for A & E but it's been awhile. I don't know if anything's changed. Thanks
Last year at this time my LO was in total lock down for 5 days - that is because he arrived at DCI on a Thursday and apparently they don't move anyone out of lock down on the weekends. Typically from what I understand it's 3 days in lock down. During that time they are not allowed to make any phone calls. Once he was through that initial lock down period he could make one 15 minute call per day - as long as their is a time slot available for him to sign up for a call when they bring the sign up sheet around. A 15 minute call with Securus is just under $2. You will need to have a Securus account set up for him in order for him to make any calls.

Once he is moved out of that area and into the barracks (my LO was in the restricted area for about two weeks before he was moved to the barracks) - which is just like it sounds - a big open room with a bunch of bunks around the perimeter - he will have more privileges. The barracks is basically a holding area while they wait to meet with their case worker to go over program requirements and wait for staffing. While in the barracks he can place as many calls per day as he would like - if the phones are busy he just has to wait in line to use one.

The total average amount of time in A&E is 8-12 weeks, but it can be more or less time depending upon how quickly things move and a bed opens up for him at his placement facility. My LO spent a total of 13 weeks in A&E.

For the sake of planning finances - each 15 minute phone call is just under $2. For canteen he can order $20 per week (I had said in a previous response it was $40 every two weeks - so that's the same) while in A&E.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:21 AM

They'll tell him all of this if he asks the COs correct? What's the difference between lockdown & restricted? I meant he went in on the 21st & I don't get my payment until midnight of the 3rd(direct deposit). Everything dealing with plastic is going to have to wait until the following Monday at the latest. Have to transfer from my account to my plastic. Takes 3 to 5 biz days. Reactivated my former Securus account. It's just waiting to be funded. Now I'm waiting for the county jail to notify me to pick up his property. I can't remember how long it was with my estranged but I hope it"s soon. He wants information from his cellphone. It has to be picked up before his payment's due. Since it'll be turner off as payment will be stopped.

Quote:
Last year at this time my LO was in total lock down for 5 days - that is because he arrived at DCI on a Thursday and apparently they don't move anyone out of lock down on the weekends. Typically from what I understand it's 3 days in lock down. During that time they are not allowed to make any phone calls. Once he was through that initial lock down period he could make one 15 minute call per day - as long as their is a time slot available for him to sign up for a call when they bring the sign up sheet around. A 15 minute call with Securus is just under $2. You will need to have a Securus account set up for him in order for him to make any calls.

Once he is moved out of that area and into the barracks (my LO was in the restricted area for about two weeks before he was moved to the barracks) - which is just like it sounds - a big open room with a bunch of bunks around the perimeter - he will have more privileges. The barracks is basically a holding area while they wait to meet with their case worker to go over program requirements and wait for staffing. While in the barracks he can place as
many calls per day as he would like - if the phones are busy he just has to wait in line to use one.

The total average amount of time in A&E is 8-12 weeks, but it can be more or less time depending upon how quickly things move and a bed opens up for him at his placement facility. My LO spent a total of 13 weeks in A&E.

For the sake of planning finances - each 15 minute phone call is just under $2. For canteen he can order $20 per week (I had said in a previous response it was $40 every two weeks - so that's the same) while in A&E.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
They'll tell him all of this if he asks the COs correct? What's the difference between lockdown & restricted? I meant he went in on the 21st & I don't get my payment until midnight of the 3rd(direct deposit). Everything dealing with plastic is going to have to wait until the following Monday at the latest. Have to transfer from my account to my plastic. Takes 3 to 5 biz days. Reactivated my former Securus account. It's just waiting to be funded. Now I'm waiting for the county jail to notify me to pick up his property. I can't remember how long it was with my estranged but I hope it"s soon. He wants information from his cellphone. It has to be picked up before his payment's due. Since it'll be turner off as payment will be stopped.
Lock down is the initial few days when they arrive and can't make any calls - and basically spend 23+ hours a day in their cell. Once they are past that then they can make phone calls, go the library, etc...I refer to that as restricted for lack of a better way of describing it. They have a little more freedom then when they are on total lock down.

You should hear from the county within a week or two after his transfer to DCI that you can come pick up his things.

Yes, the CO's will answer his questions and typically there are other guys who can help answer his questions too - he will find that there are several that have been through it all before. He should have also been given a handbook during his orientation when he arrived at DCI.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:55 PM

So what you're saying is it's going to be two weeks before he can make even the weekly call(so that would be like the 12th)or after three days(27th)& after two weeks they can make daily calls? So for two weeks(12th)he's going to be confined to his cell for 23 hrs/day? Dates will help me. I hope county calls me before the third. That's when the phone payment's due. Thanks

Quote:
Lock down is the initial few days when they arrive and can't make any calls - and basically spend 23+ hours a day in their cell. Once they are past that then they can make phone calls, go the library, etc...I refer to that as restricted for lack of a better way of describing it. They have a little more freedom then when they are on total lock down.

You should hear from the county within a week or two after his transfer to DCI that you can come pick up his things.

Yes, the CO's will answer his questions and typically there are other guys who can help answer his questions too - he will find that there are several that have been through it all before. He should have also been given a handbook during his orientation when he arrived at DCI.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
So what you're saying is it's going to be two weeks before he can make even the weekly call(so that would be like the 12th)or after three days(27th)& after two weeks they can make daily calls? So for two weeks(12th)he's going to be confined to his cell for 23 hrs/day? Dates will help me. I hope county calls me before the third. That's when the phone payment's due. Thanks
I will give you dates based on how things went for my LO at DCI last year. He arrived on a Thursday and was in lock down until Tuesday of the following week. During those first five days of initial intake he was in his cell for basically 23 hours per day. Also, during those initial five days he was not allowed to make any phone calls and was not allowed to do anything like go to the library. After those initial five days he was moved to a different area. He was then able to sign up for one 15 minute phone time slot per day. He as also allowed to sign up to go to rec and the library. He could also sign up to be allowed to participate in other things like Bible studies, chapel, etc...

So based on the timeline for my LO at DCI I would expect something like this for your LO...

He arrived at DCI on 4/21. He will most likely be in lock down - unable to make any phone calls - until Monday, 4/25 or Tuesday, 4/26. After Monday or Tuesday he will able to make one 15 minute phone call per day. I'm not sure where you got the idea of weekly phone calls - that might be how things used to be at DCI. From Thursday, 4/21 until Monday (4/25) or Tuesday (4/26) he will on lock down for basically 23 hours per day. As long as you have money on his account he will be able to call you as soon as he is past the initial five days and he signs up for a phone time.

After a total of two weeks, my LO was moved out of a cell and into the barracks. The barracks provide more privileges - daily showers, TV in the day room, more rec time, ability to make as many phone calls as he wants, etc...

I would expect the county to contact you this coming week - I don't think they want to hang on to things any longer than they have to.

As long as you have his DOC number you can write him immediately. I am sure he would appreciate hearing from you and would then have some things from "home" that he read when he wants to connect to you and the outside world.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:15 AM

Default CRAP: I Don't Think I'll Hear From My Best Friend

I totally forgot that my best friend doesn't have any money for envelopes & stamps. I don't think I'll hear from him. Still waiting on Waukesha County. (SAD & FRUSTRATED)
Old 05-03-2016, 12:07 AM

Default How Do I Have The Cashiers Check Filled Out

How do I have my bank fill out the cashiers check: Pay To The Orden Of His Name & then have his DOC number next to it on the same line?! Also I need Clarification on how I address his envelopes for his letters. Instead of placing his DOC number next to his name I place it directly underneath it with the # & then the number. Will they accept that & can I also address the envelope for his cashiers check that way?! The envelope for letters has one addressing it with the zip code the dash & the PO BOX number with a zero in front of it for the four digit code. Can I address the envelope the same way?! Also Im putting the two zeroes in front of the number as part of the DOC number. Is that acceptable?! Thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 08:17 AM

Is anybody, currently, online. I'd appreciate a response ASAP. The sooner I receive one the sooner he gets much needed money. Like within the next hori or two. Thanks

Quote:
How do I have my bank fill out the cashiers check: Pay To The Orden Of His Name & then have his DOC number next to it on the same line?! Also I need Clarification on how I address his envelopes for his letters. Instead of placing his DOC number next to his name I place it directly underneath it with the # & then the number. Will they accept that & can I also address the envelope for his cashiers check that way?! The envelope for letters has one addressing it with the zip code the dash & the PO BOX number with a zero in front of it for the four digit code. Can I address the envelope the same way?! Also Im putting the two zeroes in front of the number as part of the DOC number. Is that acceptable?! Thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
For cashier's check have bank make it out as follows:

Name, DOC#
PO Box 800
Waupun, WI 53963

Make sure your name is listed as the remitter on the check.

You can address the envelope for the cashier's check as follows
:
Name, DOC # (The two leading zeroes can be included but they don't have to be)
PO Box 800
Waupun, WI. 53963

For letters...

Name, DOC# (the two leading zeroes can be included but they aren't required)
PO Box 700
Waupun, WI. 53963

The zip code does not have to include the extra four digits, but it's fine if you include them.

The most important thing is that his name and DOC # must be listed and you have to send things to the appropriate PO Box.

Have you heard from county yet?
Old 05-03-2016, 09:26 AM

I left messages yesterday & today. They asked if I received a confirmation form in the mail. I said I hadn't. They didn't recall him having anything to be picked up. I told them he, at least had his cell. I know this because he's insistant I have it. He wants contact information from it. I hope I can retrieve it from the phone because it's no longer going to have any service. They said they'd look into it & call me back. I hope I get that call.

Quote:
For cashier's check have bank make it out as follows:

Name, DOC#
PO Box 800
Waupun, WI 53963

Make sure your name is listed as the remitter on the check.

You can address the envelope for the cashier's check as follows
:
Name, DOC # (The two leading zeroes can be included but they don't have to be)
PO Box 800
Waupun, WI. 53963

For letters...

Name, DOC# (the two leading zeroes can be included but they aren't required)
PO Box 700
Waupun, WI. 53963

The zip code does not have to include the extra four digits, but it's fine if you include them.

The most important thing is that his name and DOC # must be listed and you have to send things to the appropriate PO Box.

Have you heard from county yet?
Old 05-03-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I left messages yesterday & today. They asked if I received a confirmation form in the mail. I said I hadn't. They didn't recall him having anything to be picked up. I told them he, at least had his cell. I know this because he's insistant I have it. He wants contact information from it. I hope I can retrieve it from the phone because it's no longer going to have any service. They said they'd look into it & call me back. I hope I get that call.
They should have his clothes and anything he had on him when he was taken into custody. I remember my LO having to sign off on an inventory form that listed all of his possessions when he was taken into custody. Then when he was transferred from county to DCI there was a form of what went with him (basically just letters and papers) and what else was to be picked up (which was just letters and papers he didn't want to take with him.) He couldn't take any personal belongings to DCI.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to get contact information off his phone even if it no longer has service. As long as you can turn on the phone you should be able to get stuff off if it that is stored on it.

Hope you hear from them soon.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:21 AM

His property was already released. The only person I can think of is his estranged SO(baby mama). They said nothing was left To me. Either that's true or she sent over his head. He didn't want her having that phone. I'm going to find out what's going on. She's been trying to get a hold of me. I blocked her cell number. I'm not going to give her his password to unlock it. What EXACTLY has to go on the check itself? Just his name & DOC number correct or the entire address?!

Quote:
They should have his clothes and anything he had on him when he was taken into custody. I remember my LO having to sign off on an inventory form that listed all of his possessions when he was taken into custody. Then when he was transferred from county to DCI there was a form of what went with him (basically just letters and papers) and what else was to be picked up (which was just letters and papers he didn't want to take with him.) He couldn't take any personal belongings to DCI.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to get contact information off his phone even if it no longer has service. As long as you can turn on the phone you should be able to get stuff off if it that is stored on it.

Hope you hear from them soon.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
His property was already released. The only person I can think of is his estranged SO(baby mama). They said nothing was left To me. Either that's true or she sent over his head. He didn't want her having that phone. I'm going to find out what's going on. She's been trying to get a hold of me. I blocked her cell number. I'm not going to give her his password to unlock it. What EXACTLY has to go on the check itself? Just his name & DOC number correct or the entire address?!
The check has to have everything I listed in previous response- his name and DOC #, institution name and address.

Something is strange with release of his property. My LO had to list who he wanted his property to be released to -they don't just let anyone come and get it. Hopefully you get some answers or at the very least you can put some money on his phone account so he can call you then you can ask him about it.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:57 AM

I'm going to write him. Hoping I can out $ on the phone by this weekend. Have to want for $ to transfer from bank account to plastic. Takes a good 3 to 5 biz days. Made the transfer at 12:10 this am. So I'm hoping they count today as the banks Weren't yet open. My transfers have usually been taking a good 3 days.

Quote:
The check has to have everything I listed in previous response- his name and DOC #, institution name and address.

Something is strange with release of his property. My LO had to list who he wanted his property to be released to -they don't just let anyone come and get it. Hopefully you get some answers or at the very least you can put some money on his phone account so he can call you then you can ask him about it.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:33 PM

Default Who Has Sent Money By Regular Mail vs Western Union

Who has sent their LO money through the regular mail vs Western Union? How long did it take to get to them & How long did it take to get put on their account?! I put a cashiers check in post officess mail box yesterday at exactly 12:26pm. A rapid response would be appreciated. Thanks