Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 AM

Default DO they look up parking tickets??

Hi there,

I submitted my application yesterday and sent it via FedEx with a copy of a recent background check as well as printouts of all my case summaries (traffic violations). I didn't include any information on parking tickets because the application specifically said "convictions" and parking tickets are not a criminal offense.

Does anyone know if they run parking tickets? Usually they are associated with the vehicle and follow the car not the driver.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 06:52 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzie View Post
Hi there,

I submitted my application yesterday and sent it via FedEx with a copy of a recent background check as well as printouts of all my case summaries (traffic violations). I didn't include any information on parking tickets because the application specifically said "convictions" and parking tickets are not a criminal offense.

Does anyone know if they run parking tickets? Usually they are associated with the vehicle and follow the car not the driver.

Thanks!
i have 2 unpaid parking tickets on a car that i don't even drive anymore, i didn't put them down & i am approved to visit.

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 06-21-2008, 06:11 PM
He's home!!!!

i have an unpaid car ticket. i believe you're right it does follow the car cause how can they hold u for something like that when it could have been given (the ticket)when someone else was driving. i got approved but i sent it in before the ticket was issued but during the approval process. i wouldnt be worried let us know how it goes

He's HOME!!!! And what a ride it's been

Old 06-21-2008, 09:37 PM
BECUZ I'M BETTER

Great question. I have gotton two parking tickets which I haven't paid yet since being approved. Im suppose to go visit next week, but afaid I'll travel all that way and be turned around. Is there away I can find out if it would affect my visit?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:35 PM

I have a parking ticket which is issued on my renewal for tags. I have not paid my tags which was due in May (and the parking ticket was issued on January 2008) but I had no problem in visiting my husband. I doubt if they hold parking tickets against you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prov31 For This Useful Post:
traviesita (11-23-2010)